Lowered Driver Seat

ChampzViper06

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am 6'-2" and I was told there is a mod that I can do to lower the driver seat. Has anyone done this before?

eaks

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did this recently. It's the ipsco lowering kit. I'm about 6'4" and am all torso so driving with the top up did not give me any space and I was constantly bending to see traffic lights. With the lowering kit I can easily drive with the roof up and gives me better visibility with the top down as well..

It's a great mod for taller people although at 6'2" I am not sure it's entirely required.. I went with the 2" lowering kit (doesn't allow the seat to move forward/backwards but does still allow for recline. The 1" lowering kit I believe retains the forward/backwards operation of the seat.

Steve M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can modify the OEM track to lower just the rear of the seat. Basically you unbolt the rear feet, grind off a couple spot welds, flip them over, and bolt them back in place. It’ll lower the back of the seat about an inch, but leave the front of the seat at stock height which I prefer. I’m 6’4”, and what I described above lets me fit with a helmet on. Still retains the seat rail slider function too.

OP
OP
C

ChampzViper06

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did this recently. It's the ipsco lowering kit. I'm about 6'4" and am all torso so driving with the top up did not give me any space and I was constantly bending to see traffic lights. With the lowering kit I can easily drive with the roof up and gives me better visibility with the top down as well..

It's a great mod for taller people although at 6'2" I am not sure it's entirely required.. I went with the 2" lowering kit (doesn't allow the seat to move forward/backwards but does still allow for recline. The 1" lowering kit I believe retains the forward/backwards operation of the seat.
Is it a easy mod to do yourself? Where did you buy it from?

eaks

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its not too hard to do yourself. it is a bit of a pain in the butt to get back in and get the bolts in with the lowering kit as it completely removes the rails so you cannot move the seat forward and back. I figure it took me a couple hours to get the lowering seat bracket in. The seats take only a few minutes to get out.

Bought direct from IPSCO.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21