New owner questions and looking for a Viper shop?

Hard Knox

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I purchased my silver 2004 SRT-10 last Saturday and joined VCA. I would like to do a complete service on all fluids. Can anyone recommend a shop near Covington/Monroe GA and a shop near Savannah, GA?

I talked with Chuck Tator today and discussed lots of good ideas, wrote the specifics down and promptly lost my notes. A GREAT guy!

I plan on replacing the rideroughs with PS2s, the radio with a RB1/iPod/Sirrus(Best place to buy?), hood with an 08/09and the exhaust with Corsa/cats/insulation. I already have a Speed Lingerie nose/mirror masks on my Corvette and Porsche and I will order one for my Viper tomorrow. I am looking for a good car cover. Any recommendation would be appreciated. I would also like to purchase a factory style spoiler. Anyone have a good source for that part? Lastly, I am looking for a 2004 SRT-10 owner's manual, anyone with an extra for sale or know of an inexpensive source, please let me know.

Anyone with recommendations/advice/ideas/answers or just want to meet up in the Savannah, GA area, just e-mail or respond here.

Thanks,

Robby Knox

Last edited:

viperdude118

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You could probably purchase a service manual for your car and change the fluids yourself for less money than you'd pay someone to change them and you still wouldn't have the manual.

Most around here would recommend 3M clear bra as a much better product than speed lingere bra mentioned.

You might consider SS brake lines and a weekend at viperdays rather than putting on a spoiler.

Chad V10speedlover on here is close to you in GA I think, he would be able to get you involved in club events.

V

Venomiss

SkyBob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lastly, I am looking for a 2004 SRT-10 owner's manual, anyone with an extra for sale or know of an inexpensive source, please let me know.

When I bought my 2003 SRT-10 it didn't come with an owner's manual either. I Googled "viper owner's manual" and found a 2004 owner's manual pdf file for download. You could do the same or if you give me your e-mail address I'll send it to you. It's 4.2Mbytes though.

If you were wanting the paper manual to put on your shelf, I can't help you.

Bob

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Robby,

Make sure to copy your post in your region's forum. No doubt you'll get the best recommendations.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've already talked to Robby through a PM, but wanted to post this here as well.

If anyone is ever in the Savannah area and needs some Viper help, be sure you AVOID Savannah Dodge. I had my Viper down there back in 2005 for a holiday weekend and noticed a bad coolant leak when we came out of the mall. I had to leave the car and get a ride home with some other friends b/c the Viper tech was on vacation that weekend (I had to be at work on Monday and he didn't come back until Tuesday). They ended up charging me $350 to tell me my radiator cap was loose!
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
They also lied and said the radiator cap wasn't up to Dodge spec (it was a Roe Racing cap) and sold me a new OEM cap. I was originally told they threw the Roe cap away, but when I complained that I wanted to see the "defective" part to mail back to Sean for further testing, they magically found it and mailed it to me. I sent it back to Sean Roe and he put it on a Viper and drove it around for a few days and said the cap was perfect.

I started thinking that same morning, I had checked the fluid level before we left the hotel and I must have not put the cap back on correctly. Those crooks charged me 3-4 hours labor and claimed they had to take the hood off, etc! This was shortly after I bought the car, so I didn't know nearly as much about the car as I do today. Young and inexperienced Viper owner, holiday weekend out of town, Viper, crooked dealership...I guess I was destined to get robbed by them. As far as I'm concerned, next time I'm in Savannah, if I have Viper troubles, I'll pay to tow it 3 hours back home before those criminals get one wrench near it!

Last edited:
OP
OP
H

Hard Knox

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Chuck, Chad and Kelly are very helpful. Its been one week and I've already experienced my first "Viper Service Incident". After talking with Chuck, agreed with his recommendation to change all fluids. I located a dealership in Monroe, GA(Landmark) with a "Certified Viper Tech" and arranged to have my Viper taken there for the service at $650. At 4:45PM yesterday, I finally called them to be told that I need and new clutch master cylinder. The "expert" said this was from sitting up without much use. The bottom line is that my Viper is sitting in a service bay until at least Tuesday, at a place that does not communicate well.

I PMed Chuck and I will call him in a few minutes to discuss this issue and several others.

Again, thanks for the info and if anyone can recommend a god shop near Savannah, please let me know.

I would leave a signatures and have an avitar, but I've yet to find how to unlock those options.

Thanks,

Robby Knox
2004 SRT-10 Silver/Black
2007 Corvette Convertible Silver/Black
2000 Boxster Convertible Silver/Black
1966 Corvair Corsa Convertible Silver/Black(Project)

Darbgnik

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Finding someone you trust isw hard almost everywhere, except for some of the lucky guys here near our supporters.

If you want your factory owners manual, get a hold of Michael Nouri of XVipers either on here or on eBay. I got one from him a a very reasonable price.

Welcome to the party.

2snakes4us

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Chuck, Chad and Kelly are very helpful. Its been one week and I've already experienced my first "Viper Service Incident". After talking with Chuck, agreed with his recommendation to change all fluids. I located a dealership in Monroe, GA(Landmark) with a "Certified Viper Tech" and arranged to have my Viper taken there for the service at $650. QUOTE]

Its too bad you dont live by me, I would have told you buy the fluids that chuck told you to get and bring your car over and i would put her up on my lift and help you change all your fluids.
Im supprised no members offered to help you out in your area.:(
come on guys ...step up and help a fellow future member.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang