'off' the road!

Nadine UK GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
\'off\' the road!

We had a fab UK end of season meet yesterday, dinner, Viper convoy drive, photoshoot, but sadly my Beloved returned the 100 miles home on a breakdown truck!

After just two months of being back on the road (following his rebuild) I've been making up for lost time, and have put the smile permanently back on my face! Got in a few trackdays and races too.

His front wheelbearing was getting a little noisy, so I ordered anther hub unit for collection at VOI. But, it gave out big time yesterday, and has ruined the brake caliper & disc! I have 36000miles on him; am I too ******* him for his bearing to be collapsing at this mileage (I'm sure the brakes heat doesn't help)?

A recent pic with good bearings: (taken by Neil UK)

takeoff.jpg

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Re: \'off\' the road!

Actually Nadine, you did very well. Alot of folks that are on the track change them long before that. Glad your beauty is back on the road, and nice to see you are having alot of fun - again!

ACR Joe

Enthusiast
Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bill Pemberton:
Alot of folks that are on the track change them long before that.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is that to say change the front and rear wheel bearings/hub assemblies. I have 25,000 miles and have been on the track (road racing) on occasion.

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dr E:
Him? I've never met a male car . . . guess it has something to do with driving on the wrong side of the road across the pond
supergrin.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If my car is female, she sure is butch.

Gavin

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Nadine - 33,000 miles on my rocket and replaced right side bearings front and rear - do 4-5 track events a year and fortunate enough to have 6 under my belt this year with at least two more to go - still have the stock clutch and just went over 35,000 miles this weekend, at the track.
how about a few more pics of that UK rocket