Only 45 miles on the odometer...

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
Hmmmmmmm

1996 I have 1166 Verified VINs and 1997 I have 1017 Verified VIN's (includes Domestic and non Domestic)

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was blue/white only offered on 96s? Would you guys say this is the most collectible GTS? What about a 99 last year of the good motor or 02 final edition or ACR?

They made a lot of B&W cars. That said they tend to be a favorite. I think low production one year color 01's and 02's with abs, FE's and ACR's will do well too but then I am biased.

Caesar!

Viper Owner
Reaction score
On two sites...Viper Store info and Viper Nation I can only find production numbers for Vipers
If 1163 B/W and 3 stone white show produced for 1996
And 1671 Vipers in 1997 ( 965 B/W & 706 Reds)
Where did these non domestic vipers come out from and wouldnt they be included in total production from the assembly lines?
Would 1996 Vipers account for any Non Domestic cars produced...would that mean any Vipers not originally sold in the U.S
Where would verification be documented from Chrysler of total production?

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
The Viper Store from what I understand didn't do any of there own research, they copied from other sources (learned from a reliable source)

When I was looking at the Viper Nation some time ago, the numbers they displayed seems to coincide with the USA market only

Not saying anyone is wrong, because I have no idea how they actually came up with their numbers

I can only say what I have because I personally did the research.

For example, 1997 there were 1787 total, 1670 GTS and 117 RT/10. 1017 GTS Blue/White 964 GTS, 53 RT/10. 770 Viper Red, 706 GTS, 64 RT/10. I have the VIN for every single one of them

Also for 97, 1553 were US market, 1456 GTS, 97 RT/10, 118 Canada, 98 GTS, 20 RT/10, Export (other) 116 GTS. All of this with the data to back it up.

I do not have any verification letters from Chrysler, I really don't think one exists
Jeff

evomind

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Was blue/white only offered on 96s? Would you guys say this is the most collectible GTS? What about a 99 last year of the good motor or 02 final edition or ACR?

I thought they made a lot of 02 FE's, relatively speaking.....

Caesar!

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Very good Jeff...Thanks for the info
So 1163 B/W GTS for 96
And 964 B/W GTS' s for 97

Do you have Detail of how many were sold at each dealer?
Or any other unique data as the breakdown you have is impressive.

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
Very good Jeff...Thanks for the info
So 1163 B/W GTS for 96
And 964 B/W GTS' s for 97

Do you have Detail of how many were sold at each dealer?
Or any other unique data as the breakdown you have is impressive.

No dealer or buyer info, sorry

Shipping zones and regions, yes

I try and break them down by some of the more common things like interior, wheels (tires), market. Add-on's like aero, brakes, etc. And some other items like pilot vehicles, public relations and test vehicles.

Most of it can be found here: http://www.vipertruckregistry.com/RegistryIndex.html

Lately I've been concentrating on the 2015 year, so if there is something your curious about, I can always look.
Jeff

PLMCRZY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Viper Store from what I understand didn't do any of there own research, they copied from other sources (learned from a reliable source)

When I was looking at the Viper Nation some time ago, the numbers they displayed seems to coincide with the USA market only

Not saying anyone is wrong, because I have no idea how they actually came up with their numbers

I can only say what I have because I personally did the research.

For example, 1997 there were 1787 total, 1670 GTS and 117 RT/10. 1017 GTS Blue/White 964 GTS, 53 RT/10. 770 Viper Red, 706 GTS, 64 RT/10. I have the VIN for every single one of them

Also for 97, 1553 were US market, 1456 GTS, 97 RT/10, 118 Canada, 98 GTS, 20 RT/10, Export (other) 116 GTS. All of this with the data to back it up.

I do not have any verification letters from Chrysler, I really don't think one exists
Jeff

Jeff, For the '97s here is my breakout.

1997 TOTAL 1788

GTS COUPE 1671
Viper GTS Blue 965
Viper Red 706

RT/10 CONVERTIBLE 117
Viper GTS Blue 53
Viper Red 64

1997 TOTAL 1788

CANADA 118
GTS COUPE 98
RT/10 CONVERTIBLE 20

EXPORT 116
GTS COUPE 116

MEXICO 1
GTS COUPE 1

USA 1553
GTS COUPE 1456
RT/10 CONVERTIBLE 97

From what I can tell you have a Mexico VIN grouped in with your USA total and you are missing one USA VIN.

-=PLMCRZY=-

DaJerseyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So this guy bought a new viper for about $90 grand back in 1996 and sold it without the pleasure of even driving it 20 years later for a $30,000 loss....Logic, does not exist..

OP
OP
F

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So this guy bought a new viper for about $90 grand back in 1996 and sold it without the pleasure of even driving it 20 years later for a $30,000 loss....Logic, does not exist..

A few years ago you could purchase a Lamborghini Countach for around a $100k. Now they are worth $300-400k. We don't know how the market is going to move. Anytime you have rich people collecting Vipers...like 77 of them, you might want to buy a few yourself.

DaJerseyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A few years ago you could purchase a Lamborghini Countach for around a $100k. Now they are worth $300-400k. We don't know how the market is going to move. Anytime you have rich people collecting Vipers...like 77 of them, you might want to buy a few yourself.
Yeah but the seller LOST money on this one if he bought it as an investment..

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Look at the Porsche 993 market, actually a lot of older Porsche's are going through the roof right now, you have 993TTS going for >150 as well as 997 GT3's. Personally I think the Viper blows these cars away in every area. Not that the Viper is doing bad, they hold their value well but why does one marque take off and not another. The Viper is iconic IMHO. Made headlines when it was released, one of the fastest cars in its day, everybody lusted for one. Production numbers are super low when compared to most cars, and super clean examples are getting harder and harder to find. It is only a matter of time before everybody realizes what a hidden gem these cars are. I say buy and enjoy them now "while you still can". JMHO. Old school 6 speed basic sports cars are all the rage right now. Everything is going paddle shift computer this and computer that. I don't know about you guys but "I" want to drive my car, not have some computer drive it for me. I draw the line at ABS.

DaJerseyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look at the Porsche 993 market, actually a lot of older Porsche's are going through the roof right now, you have 993TTS going for >150 as well as 997 GT3's. Personally I think the Viper blows these cars away in every area. Not that the Viper is doing bad, they hold their value well but why does one marque take off and not another. The Viper is iconic IMHO. Made headlines when it was released, one of the fastest cars in its day, everybody lusted for one. Production numbers are super low when compared to most cars, and super clean examples are getting harder and harder to find. It is only a matter of time before everybody realizes what a hidden gem these cars are. I say buy and enjoy them now "while you still can". JMHO. Old school 6 speed basic sports cars are all the rage right now. Everything is going paddle shift computer this and computer that. I don't know about you guys but "I" want to drive my car, not have some computer drive it for me. I draw the line at ABS.

I agree 100%. The viper was produced at a bout 1/3rd the rate of the the Lamborgini and Ferraris...Super low production numbers + American muscle + rare color combos = collector car market value...I however drive mine cause I enjoy it and know I will at lease get back the $30k I paid for it in 10 -15 years if I sell it. I predict even poor examples bringing mid to high 30's in 10 years and pristine examples getting close to new sticker value. You have to look at only the 1st gen camaro for comparison, a car that was produced in the hundreds of thousands and still demanding mid 30K for s fine example, 10X's the new sticker price. The viper was produced in the thousands, a mere fraction of the even most rare 1st gen camaros, with the exception of COPO and YENKO.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235