Prospective buyer with a few questions

PTP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is my first post. I've been browsing for a while trying to absorb as much info as I can find. I recently sold my supercharged Exige and I'm interested in a Viper. I was also cross shipping the GT4 but the mark up bubble has me losing interest.

I'm looking into getting a Viper that is pretty much dedicated to track use at VIR. One thing attractive about the Viper is the base SRT consumables cost seems reasonable compared to other cars in this class (and looks great). There are a few things that are unclear to me that I couldn't find an answer to. I was hoping a few people could help me figure things out.

• Are the stock SRT rotors good enough for track use if I put on some aggressive carbotech pads?
  • Can stock SRT pads and rotors be used with Viper TA package brake setup? My dealer has a TA 2.0 package on the lot, but I'm not sure if the rotor cost is worth the fun I will have.
  • I'm 6'1" with a long torso. If I scoot forward and tilt the seat back, I find there is only about 1/2" of roof clearance while wearing my helmet. My head can also easily bang into the window frame on the left. Has any one with a similar situation installed the seat lowering kit and found it comfortable enough to drive with a helmet?
  • How many track days are people able to get out of the Corsa tires until they are pretty much corded?

And if you have any other tidbits of wisdom I appreciate it!

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If your looking for a Dedicated Track Car then the Comp Coupe is the way to go. After that you have the ACRX
that is a Dedicated track Car. If your interested in a Comp Coupe feel free to contact me as mine is for sale.

kratedisease

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is my first post. I've been browsing for a while trying to absorb as much info as I can find. I recently sold my supercharged Exige and I'm interested in a Viper. I was also cross shipping the GT4 but the mark up bubble has me losing interest.

I'm looking into getting a Viper that is pretty much dedicated to track use at VIR. One thing attractive about the Viper is the base SRT consumables cost seems reasonable compared to other cars in this class (and looks great). There are a few things that are unclear to me that I couldn't find an answer to. I was hoping a few people could help me figure things out.

• Are the stock SRT rotors good enough for track use if I put on some aggressive carbotech pads?
  • Can stock SRT pads and rotors be used with Viper TA package brake setup? My dealer has a TA 2.0 package on the lot, but I'm not sure if the rotor cost is worth the fun I will have.
  • I'm 6'1" with a long torso. If I scoot forward and tilt the seat back, I find there is only about 1/2" of roof clearance while wearing my helmet. My head can also easily bang into the window frame on the left. Has any one with a similar situation installed the seat lowering kit and found it comfortable enough to drive with a helmet?
  • How many track days are people able to get out of the Corsa tires until they are pretty much corded?

And if you have any other tidbits of wisdom I appreciate it!

Yes ,I am also 6'1" and I also feel the door panel does not give me ANY room on the left.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mark1107

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Buy the seat lowering kit and you will fit with the helmet on.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21