Radar traps in Wash.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I cna't believe how many radar traps and mobile radar units 'dinged' my radar detector in the rain weekend before last.

Has crime been eliminated in Wash? Damn it seemed that ALL your cops were doing radar on I-5 last weekend. Even had a cop shoot Laser at my ass end during Seattle rush hour. About 27 radar 'dings' coming home Fri. night from PIR. Only about 6 on my way to Portland Wed. late at night (8pm - 2:30am). BC gov. propoganda said there was "huge reductions in crime" and then they quadrupled the radar units. But I only got about 6 dings during my Sunday drive home from Van. (9 hours driving) on Sun even.

Must be making a lot of "tax" money with that many radar units.

Ted

callahyar

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ted, what kind a radar detect you have. I am in the market to purchase one and want to be sure and get a good one.

OP
OP
R

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Last year I bought an ****** Passport SRX hidden unit. The SR7 is the same unit without audio, LED and laser scramblers. I paid $800 and installed it myself. Took about 6 hrs. It has 2 radar and Laser sensors mounted in the grille and 1 bolts to the top of the rear license plate. I mounted the control box above the sunvisor, the Mute button below the sidemirror control, the speaker under the console behind the e brake and the LED into my digital tach bracket. No one can see it. It works perfect. I wrote a DIY on the alley and here(?).

The SR7 was $600 jobber price and $800 for the SRX. I own a Viper and the stereo guy gave me the unit at his cost. Most people use the VR1, but it hangs on the windshield and I didn't want that. I've got a sat radio I built into the car and a Garmin GPS that has to mount on the windshield, that's enough.

Ted

C-Note

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The cops are just out trying to make enough money to fill up thier gas tanks. That is a whole lot of tickets!!:eater: