Resale price for stock wheels/tires

Viper 24

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am selling my stock wheels and runflats, 8K miles. Have no idea what they are worth and would prefer not to go Ebay route. Please shoot me some ideas; if anyone is interested send me a private email.

Thanks!

Viper23

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am selling my stock wheels and runflats, 8K miles. Have no idea what they are worth and would prefer not to go Ebay route. Please shoot me some ideas; if anyone is interested send me a private email.

Thanks!

I have no clue to the answer to your question, but I must say...that is one awesome screen name...almost as good as mine... :D

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If you have the Stock 10 spokes, then you will be lucky to get $2k. From the looks of your avatar,thats what you have. If they are the newer 5 spokes on a 06,people seem to be getting $3-4K.

But the ones Ive seen being sold ,were new, less then 1000 miles.

OP
OP
V

Viper 24

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Great feedback, I would be really happy if I got $2.5K. I was thinking more like $2K given they are the original 10 spoke wheels. Both wheels and tires are in great shape, the car spends way too much time in the garage.

These wheels are going to be at Valaya Racing in San Jose if anyone is interested or send me a private email.

Thanks again for the feedack -

jm

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Keep in mind prices are alot different for wheels and tires, and for both a price in the 2500-3000 is very good. To replace a damaged rim is an insane price, almost what folks are doing for a used set, so no problems. Keep in mind also that if you keep the car a long time, you might be better just hanging on to the rims. It is often easier to sell one or the other at that time and many owners want the original equipment.

OP
OP
V

Viper 24

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Bill,

You are right, to replace a wheel from the factory is $2400. I priced one out as part of my research. I have thought about keeping the wheels, but really don't see a need to hang on to an extra set given my driving record to date. I would think other Viper owners who do a ton more driving or tracking could use an extra set in case something does go wrong.

Good or bad, my Viper is a pet - I only feed it once a week :)......

jm

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As I mentioned above Jon will buy damaged wheels as he has them rebuilt and then resells them. I had the same problem as Viper 23 and decided to buy a complete set of copperhead/sidewinder wheels for less than the price of 2 stock OEM wheels.