RT/10 Rear Window

cigar

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The manual says to use the provided key and turn the locks, I don't have the key but it appears that a screw driver should work, but when I put a screw driver into the slot and turn in the correct direction it doesn't work, with my other hand I can feel the latch start to move so it isn't frozen. Does the provided key do something else inside the slot? If so what device can I use to turn it?

BTW, I didn't think I'd be removing it because I bought a new Vette and removed the tops and the rear window before I drove it off the showroom floor, that was the last time I ever took the rear window out. In the case of the RT/10 the rear window has a dark film on it, looks great on a black car but with the top off it creates a mirror when I look through in the rear view mirror, I've already installed a 360° camera system but that doesn't help either because of the glare on the monitor. Looks like when you remove the top you have to remove the rear window too because of the glare (or remove the film).

GRANGER73

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Try this

RT/10 Rear Window Lock Package Found Part#04848891AA

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
C

cigar

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Try this

RT/10 Rear Window Lock Package Found Part#04848891AA

Thanks for that, after going there and printing out the Dodge part # I read the following comments stating that it looked like a filing cabinet key, now I feel really stupid asking the question, I looked at one of the sets of keys I got when I bought the car and there was a key with the Viper head on it and it worked, I expected something totally different, now I have the window out.

Thanks again.

Last edited by a moderator:

jwolf

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Depending on what shape your seals are in you can just push down on the glass and disengage the lock and take the window out with out turning the key.

DaJerseyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for that, after going there and printing out the Dodge part # I read the following comments stating that it looked like a filing cabinet key, now I feel really stupid asking the question, I looked at one of the sets of keys I got when I bought the car and there was a key with the Viper head on it and it worked, I expected something totally different, now I have the window out.

Thanks again.
Agreed, mine almost falls out.

Fangs10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can either unscrew the cap inside and remove/loosen the screw. Or take it to a locksmith they can re-key it and its not expensive.