83SRT_Project_003-med.jpg

From this:

83SRT_Project_002-med.jpg

To this:

83SRT_Project_001-med.jpg

Kai SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you have any data on the aerodynamics?

I would like to see drag and downforce numbers before I made a decision.

Skip White

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really think it looks bad overall. The corners on it look to sharp and big. Some parts of it are ok. I got a chance see a couple cars with this on them in Dallas, and came to the conclusion that it's just to much. The other front splitter they have is just as bad, but only because it sticks out to far. It would be perfect if it was a bit smaller in profile, and I know it would be less functional. Bottom line, poor design, kids would like it, and we all still have a little of that in us, but at a refined level.

Skip White.

SCLSSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have both the front splitter and rear wing from Autoform on my car. During VOI8 at Texas Motor Speedway other SRT owners were comenenting on how much the car bounced around on the dips in the high speed banked turns. My car was GLUED to the corners with both Autoform parts installed on the car. The hard top also made a huge difference. I loaned my hard top out for a few sessions, and I'll tell you what the difference in the cars handleing with out the hard top were unbeleivable. once I put it back on I said I will never do that again.

Besides looking very cool the all of these parts really do make a difference in how the car handles.

Conculsion, Keep the splitter and order the wing. you will get more comments than you really want.

SCLSSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Skip, The car handled far better with the top installed due to improved aerodynamics over the car. The top eliminates all the turbulence in the cockpit which in turn creates drag. Smooth flow over the roof helps air flow over the wing which improves down force which means better handeling = faster times around the track. Tell everyone that is planning on putting their SRT 10 on the track that the Autoform hard top helps with lower lap times but also adds to the over all safety of the car on the track.

Vipera Russelli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’d like to see pictures of the new Mopar carbon fiber splitter, side sills, wing and other parts that JonB picked up at VOI. Anyone have any of those to share?

Steve, I can appreciate what you’re saying about cockpit turbulence around the track. On the track with the top down, at certain speeds and at certain points, I could feel my head being lifted or turned sideways as if someone was actually holding onto my helmet and pulling up or twisting. It wasn’t enough to make me put the ragtop up, but it was very noticeable when it happened. I’ll be in the market pretty soon for a hard top, mostly for track safety in the event of a rollover, but for better aerodynamics as well. I’m waiting for that new top from Metalcrafters. I like it a lot!

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
This car looks so much cleaner without the splitter, but, as mentioned above, the splitter should help on track days. One of the owners at West Coast Viper told me that the SRT-10's he's driven tend to lift at about 180 in stock form, i.e., without a splitter and hard top. So, I guess, I'll be in the market for these parts soon. LOL

Dan

HiYoSilver

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can't help but agree with above. The cockpit turbulence is significant (with top down) a wind meter shows over 20 mph back-draft while driving at 60 mph. It decreases to under 3 mph with the Windbaffle (windblocker). Measured with hand held digital Windmeter with windows UP. Bob S
:usa: :2tu:

Skip White

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh I knew the car would be better with the hard top instead of no top at all. I thought you meant the car handled better with the hard top versus the soft top. In a way this would tie up the chassis a bit better,(torsional rigidity), but just how much does that top weigh?

Drag racers know not to even leave a window down on a car at speed, because of turbulence,and safety. so I can understand worse handling with the top down.

I bought a new Caddie in 86 and put a fiberglass cariage top on it, and the additional weight made the car handle very differently. I noticed it immediately. Amazing how 70 lbs above the center of gravity can affect handling.
Skip White

OP
OP
D
Reaction score
Thanks for the input! I was actually leaning towards the aesthetics end of it.
Although the dynamics do arouse some interesting facts.

The front end of the Comp Coupe is definitely the look I would really prefer! What do you think :) ?

:2tu:

83Comp_C_front1-med.jpg

Doug

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That whole front bumper cap would make the SRT10 look much better...The one in the red car looks too blocky at the sides...Body kits should always compliment the cars lines imho....

83Comp_C_front1-med.jpg

Or if not heres a hasty photoshop I did of the red bumper....Maybe even add the silver supports and lip added to the recontoured bumper sides...I think it flows much better with the SRT's lines.....

179783SRT_Project_001-med1.jpg

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is the red srt real or photo shopped???

vd..

If you are talking about the SRT in my post above its a photoshop I just did....I took the picture Doug posted above and contoured the blocky sides and added the splitter and splitter supports, and vents...I think it compliments the SRT's lines better than the original pics bumper, even if you took away the splitter

OP
OP
D
Reaction score
Hi Viper D -

The red SRT is my personal ride. It has the complete Autoform kit less the hardtop. The picture is real. Actually, the red cars you see are two. I moved them around to reference a before and after. I really like the body kit. It added more flare to the car - but the pictures don't do justice; the car really looks nice going down the street.

SnakeBitten -

That was a great picture - I laughed when I saw it :) The "SnakeBitten" across the windshield was great :2tu:

Tomorrow I will post more pics of the car. I'll be taking it to the dyno to get some numbers on the DLM/Paxton sc system.

Take care!
Doug

FLOORIN04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The front end of the Comp Coupe is definitely the look I would really prefer! What do you think ?

Doug

--------------------
:2tu: :headbang: :2tu: :headbang: :2tu: :headbang: :2tu: :headbang:

FLOORIN04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you go to srt conv subject it shows (parts rack)pic of stock frt with splitter and a wing I don't think it looks bad.I would of copied it and put in but do not know how. :cool:

VIPER D

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If you go to srt conv subject it shows (parts rack)pic of stock frt with splitter and a wing I don't think it looks bad.I would of copied it and put in but do not know how. :cool:

Is this the one??????
6400srt10_with_wing_and_splitter-med.jpg

I like this one
vd...

p.s. I also like the wing :headbang:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62