The HUGE Midwest VOI caravan takes shape!

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you are from anywhere in the Midwest, you will want to read this:

We are planning what should easily be the largest caravan of Vipers to arrive in Dallas. Currently we anticipate that Vipers from Illinois, Missouri, Kansas, Minnesota, Michigan, Iowa, Nebraska, central Canada, and the Dakotas will be joining up. For those coming from Michigan, Illinois, and eastern Missouri, I believe you will all be traveling through St. Louis on I-44. The Illinois club has made reservations in Mt. Vernon, MO for Tuesday night (check the Illinois caravan thread or contact Steve for more information).

For those traveling from Minnesota, Iowa, Nebraska, Kansas, western Missouri, and central Canada, the plan is to spend Tuesday night in the Kansas City area and depart with the 17 cars from the KC club Wednesday morning. We will then hook up with the Illinois/Michigan/Gateway crew on I-44 and Highway 71 at around 9:00 AM Wednesday for the final drive to Dallas. I will be shocked if we don't have 100 Vipers as we arrive in Grapevine. The hotel in Kansas City for Tuesday night, September 7, is as follows:

AmeriSuites Hotel
5001 110th Street
Overland Park, KS
(913) 491-9002

Rates are currently $59 for a single (king) or $69 for a double. I have a call into the GM to see if we can get them even cheaper. This is in a very quiet and safe newer neighborhood - no midnight cruisers anywhere nearby. I will also have the local police patrolling the lot during the night. The parking is excellent with an outer lot of an office complex connecting to the hotel lot. Perfect for trailers and easy to get in and out of. I will check with the office complex tomorrow to make sure that they have no problem with us parking over there, with an early Wednesday departure.

Speaking of which, the plan right now is to depart NO LATER than 7:30 Wednesday morning from Kansas City. I would prefer shooting for 7:00 AM if everybody is on board for that, as that will make it even easier for us to hook up with Gateway, Michigan, and Illinois on I-44 around 9:00 AM. Figure about 2 hours to I-44 from Overland Park.

While you can book the hotel immediately, you may want to wait until Monday evening when I have secured a better rate. As it stands right now, we do NOT have the rooms blocked off, but they have 100 available. I will ask them to hold 30 for us, so please let me know if you plan to join us. Right now I am planning on Iowa, Nebraska, Minnesota, and possibly the Dakotas joining us in KC. There should be at least 17 cars going from the Kansas City VCA itself, including three trailers. I will post directions to the hotel from I-35 AND I-70 for those that would like to camp out in Kansas City for the night. We will also plan on an informal dinner for Viper owners on Tuesday evening here in Kansas City. Should be a great way to get the excitement building and plan the final caravan details for the following day.

Questions? E-mail me or call (913) 851-4414. We look forward to seeing you for the largest Viper caravan in the country for 2004!

Chris

NascarDave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It looks like we've got about 65 going to Mt. Vernon on Tuesday night. Anyone needing info from the St. Louis group can get in touch with me.

Dave

LittleFish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Dave & Chris, I would join up for a little cruise from Springfield to Mt. Vernon. When do you suppose you would go by? I'm assuming that the KC group is going south on 71 or are you coming over to Springfield then on to Mt. Vernon. Let me know and I'll jump in line for a drive.

Thanks,
Dave

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Dave & Chris, I would join up for a little cruise from Springfield to Mt. Vernon. When do you suppose you would go by? I'm assuming that the KC group is going south on 71 or are you coming over to Springfield then on to Mt. Vernon. Let me know and I'll jump in line for a drive.

Right now we (KC and company) are targeting around 9:00 AM to be at the junction of I-44 and Highway 71, maybe a little earlier depending on the trailers and how fast they want to go. Hopefully the Illinois/Gateway folks won't get impatient and pass us by! Of course you can STILL register for VOI Dave - it would be one heck of a nice way to end your week... :D

NascarDave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chris and Dave,
I believe the Gateway caravan will be joining the Illinois caravan on Tuesday night in Mt. Vernon. We'll all leave together (~65 cars) and head towards Hwy 71 to rendenzvous with the KC group.

Jay, I believe we'll be going through OK, not AR. Is that correct Chris?

Dave

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep, as it is planned we will be leaving Kansas City (Overland Park) around 7:00 AM on Wednesday morning and going south on Highway 71 to I-44. Figure around two hours or less to the junction of I-44 & Highway 71. I may even drive down there this week to scope it out in advance for road conditions, timing, and a rendezvous point. From there we will be heading southwest on I-44 until we hook up with I-35 in OKC. Then on into Dallas! Well, Grapevine to be exact, which is north of Dallas and thus will avoid most of the 5:00 traffic. Should be one heck of a caravan. Heck, if we can schedule this fairly tightly, maybe we can contact a Tulsa and/or OKC TV station to catch us on the way through. Definitely not a sight you see every day!

ABADASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chris we will look into an OKc tv station to cover you passing through.Will also see if any Oklahoma cars can join up, and a good place for you to take a break before your final leg into Dallas. Mike

Viprrrrr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Everything set with the AmeriSuites Chris? Do we need to mention anything special when making the reservations? Thanks for doing the leg work. See you in 3 weeks.

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everything set with the AmeriSuites Chris? Do we need to mention anything special when making the reservations? Thanks for doing the leg work. See you in 3 weeks.

Actually, the lady that will get us a better rate (Heidi) was out today and will be in tomorrow morning. I am supposed to speak with her first thing and see about getting us an even better rate - no more than $59 for both doubles and kings (and hopefully less). If you can hold off just a little bit longer I will have the rate set up with a confirmation code. If you have any idea of how many will be coming down, that would be great too - it will give me an idea of how many rooms to get blocked. Hopefully one arrival from Arizona too! :D

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Outlook is very good for one Arizona VCA member to join the caravan to Dallas. Chris, I will p.m. you in the next day or so on my plans....consider dinner in KC on me.

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I swear, nothing is very easy anymore: Apparently the rate I was quoted at AmeriSuites was a special weekend rate only (this is in a business area). The best rate that they can give me for Tuesday, September 7, is now $79.00 per night, single or double occupancy (normally $105.00). The rooms are all two-room suites with either two double beds or a king bed, each with a separate pull-out full size sofa bed in the other room (you could double-bunk if so inclined). Includes a full (not continental) breakfast as well. I told her to go ahead and block the rooms under Viper Club, but if you want me to track down a different property, I can do so. This one seemed to have the best parking and ease of Viper entrance/exit (no steep inclines, etc.). If that works, you can start calling to book rooms immediately. If you would like me to take another look around just let me know!

Chris

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
UPDATE: The hotel in Kansas City (AmeriSuites) has lowered our rate to $69.00 per night, single or double (no additional charge for extra people in the same room either). Apparently the hotel didn't get the rooms blocked when it was requested and they apologized to those that called yesterday or today. It is now blocked under the Viper Club at the reduced rate. The hotel:

AmeriSuites Hotel
5001 110th Street
Overland Park, KS
(913) 491-9002

They are holding rooms for Tuesday, September 7. If you have any problems at all, the General Manager's name is Angel. He and I had a nice talk this evening, when I also found out that he was the GM at the AmeriSuites next to the Opryland Hotel in Nashville. Yep, he already had a LOT of Vipers stay with him two years ago for VOI 7! Small world indeed...

Chris

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A few folks have asked just how we plan to handle such a large number of cars and two vehicles. Here you go:

GAS STOPS
For gas stops, we will have two types of vehicles: Vipers and tow vehicles. The plan will be to go to stops with multiple gas stations. The Vipers will shuffle towards Amoco/BP (higher octane), while the tow vehicles will hit the other stations at that exit. This should help considerably. I will plot what I can on gas stops and actual station locations. We will also try to make sure that everybody is gassed up before leaving Mt. Vernon and/or Carthage (for those coming down Highway 71 from Kansas City) Tuesday morning. Realize that there are only 442 miles from Mount Vernon to Grapevine. So two gas stops at most with plenty of time and not many miles.

BATHROOM BREAKS
This should be a little easier. Most rest areas can accommodate larger numbers of cars and people. There are usually multiple stalls in the bathrooms themselves, especially in larger "Welcome Center" rest areas when you enter a state (Oklahoma & Texas). While we won't be out of there in five minutes, not everyone will need the bathroom and twenty minutes should probably do it. Likewise, while there is limited car parking, the semi-truck areas are usually sparse during daylight hours. Lining up the trailers and multiple Vipers in the semi parking slots should get us all in with no problem.

LUNCH
We are working with the Oklahoma VCA VP (ABADASP) in Oklahoma City for a lunch rendezvous, complete with parking for all Vipers and trailers. We expect to be in OKC between noon and 12:30 PM. He is talking with some restaurants right off the interstates (I-44 & I-35). He is also contacting the local news stations to possibly get them out to film this awesome spectacle. Regardless, we should have a "blocked off" location for an organized lunch. We will be in Dallas/Grapevine by the time dinner rolls around.

Now the one thing that should be noted is that it will be largely impossible to keep all the Vipers and other vehicles together all of the time. We know that going in. There will undoubtedly be some "splinter groups" that form and make their own pace. Going to Nashville, we kept 20 Vipers and tow vehicles together with ease. The trailers tended to migrate to the back (of course) and sometimes would show up at a gas stop a few minutes later. One of the more important things on these convoys is communication. Most of us will have our cute little walkie-talkies (FRS radios) and will keep track of who is going where. This makes it easier to keep everybody together and coordinate stops. We will use these radios to coordinate who is going where for gas, etc.

More details to follow as we nail down particulars, but so far, so good. Is anybody else getting as excited about VOI as I am? :2tu:

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I sent this via e-mail to the folks I know are joining us (or their club presidents) and am too lazy to retype it here. So this is a cut-and-paste job which includes some of the information from previous posts. It is THE definitive schedule for our AWESOME Viper caravan. It is a seriously LONG post (no detail left out), so pull up a chair. Here you go:

We made a "dry run" today to the Oklahoma border to plot out the first leg of the trip for the Kansas City (and north) folks, as well as establish a good meeting spot for the folks coming in from Illinois, Michigan, and the Gateway clubs (and anyone else that would like to join this awesome convoy). As such, here is the plan from Kansas City and how it should unfold:

TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 7

Late afternoon, early evening - Arrivals from all points north and northwest. If you haven't booked your room yet, we have a large block of VERY nice rooms at the AmeriSuites Hotel in Overland Park. Plenty of parking, including room for trailers and in a very safe area (upscale corporate). We managed to negotiate an excellent rate of only $69 for a full suite - single or double. The hotel information:

AmeriSuites Hotel
5001 110th Street
Overland Park, KS
(913) 491-9002

7:00 PM - Informal dinner for all Kansas City VCA members and guests at the American Bandstand Restaurant. This *may* change to KC Masterpiece, which is immediately adjacent to American Bandstand, depending on availability (still working that). Vipers optional, and for those visitors that are trailering and would like a ride from the hotel courtesy of the Kansas City VCA, just let me know! And while I wish our little club had the budget of some of the big boys, I am afraid this dinner is on a "buy your own" basis. Maybe we can talk our Treasurer into buying the desserts... ;)

WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 8

6:45 AM - Kansas City folks and their guests begin arriving at the American Bandstand Restaurant parking lot. While I don't have a final count, I am hoping to have approximately 30 vehicles there by 7:00 AM. Note that for those KC folks that live on the Missouri side, you don't necessarily have to be at American Bandstand, we have determined a rendezvous point on Highway 71 so you don't have to backtrack.

7:00 AM - Depart American Bandstand parking lot on I-435 East. While this takes us through the infamous Grandview Triangle, the traffic should be light based on the time and the direction. Going south and taking Highway 151 (135th Street) has too many stop lights to keep our group together easily. We will take I-435 East until we reach Highway 71, at which point we will exit to the right and head south.

7:20 AM - We exit in Peculiar, Missouri to meet up with any Missouri folks that did not go to American Bandstand. There is a BP (Amoco) gas station on the right with a Lions Club across the street (BP is actually part of a newer grocery store). The Lions Club parking lot is big and empty. We can use that as our meeting spot for those that don't want to fuel up. Note that the gas prices in Missouri are considerably lower than Kansas - if you have enough gas to make it 24 miles you will save $0.13 per gallon (today's price was $1.89 for 92 octane premium).

7:30 AM - Depending on how many are getting gas (or groceries), we should be able to get on the road and start heading south on Highway 71.

9:05 AM - We will come to I-44 and take the West exit towards Joplin. There are a few "okay" places in that area to meet up with the Gateway/Illinois/Michigan crew, but it gets better:

9:20 AM - We take Exit 4 (PAST Joplin) and turn left towards Amoco/BP. NOTE: There are two left turn lanes and the right one looks nasty for Vipers. Stay in the far left turn lane and you should be fine to merge right after you make the turn. I can take the lead and block the right lane to assure that (we will be in an SUV). There is a VERY large outer parking lot in front of the Sleep Inn. I spoke with the owner today and he has no problem if we congregate there. This lot is off by itself with two entrances on either end. It will accommodate 200 cars I am guessing. It should be largely empty, depending on how many oversized semi-trucks are still there at that time (he estimated very few if any). THIS IS WHERE OUR TWO GROUPS WILL MEET. Also note that this Amoco/BP has eight gas pumps and was priced at $1.87 per gallon for 92 octane premium today. Probably a good place for everybody to top off their tanks (see GAS note below).

9:45 AM - We depart and head West on I-44 toward Oklahoma City. While Highway 69 looks good on paper and many map programs choose it for distance to Dallas (much shorter), the Oklahoma VCA tells me it has deteriorated over the years, has many, many stops in several towns along the way, and is also prime for speed traps. So we have ruled out Highway 69 and will head towards I-35 in Oklahoma City. Note that I-44 in Oklahoma is a toll road. Plan on paying $7.00 for a 2-axle vehicle ($3.50 from the Missouri state line to Tulsa, $3.50 from Tulsa to OKC). http://www.pikepass.com/Maps%20And%20Rates.htm

12:20 PM - Arrive at I-35 and Oklahoma City. Go south on I-35 and take the first exit, Exit 137. There are several gas stations on this exit, although there are NO BP/Amoco stations in OKC. Depart approximately 12:40 if fueling and bathroom breaks go smoothly (again, see GAS below). Continue south on I-35.

12:50 PM - Time for lunch! At I-240 we will go EAST (cloverleaf that loops around) and continue east for approximately 1/2 mile to Pole Road, Exit 4C. This will loop around and under I-240 and into the parking lot of the Crossroads Mall. This is where we will be eating and possibly meeting with the media. See LUNCH below.

1:50 PM - Depart mall and get back on I-240 where we came off, head WEST on I-240 to Exit 4A, which is I-35 South. Head south on I-35.

4:00 PM - Arrive at I-35E/W intersection, where we take I-35 E towards Dallas. Rather than type every single turn at that point, here are the directions from our lunch stop to the hotel front door: http://tinyurl.com/5t7j8

4:30 PM - ARRIVE AT GAYLORD TEXAN HOTEL!!

Okay, okay, if you read this far then you are wondering if we can really pull this off. The answer? You bet! However there are indeed some logistics involved, as well as a little bit of luck. Let's focus on the logistics:

GAS
For gas stops, we will have two types of vehicles: Vipers and tow vehicles. The plan will be to go to stops with multiple gas stations. The Vipers will shuffle towards Amoco/BP (higher octane), while the tow vehicles will hit the other stations at that exit. This should help considerably. The most miles we have between gas stops is approximately 210 (Joplin area BP to OKC). The Vipers should have more than enough fuel for that. See RADIO below.

BATHROOM BREAKS
This should be a little easier. Ideally we want to utilize the rest rooms at the gas stops. If three hours is too many, most rest areas can accommodate larger numbers of cars and people. There are usually multiple stalls in the bathrooms themselves, especially in larger "Welcome Center" rest areas when you enter a state (Oklahoma & Texas). See RADIO below.

LUNCH
Mike, the Oklahoma VCA VP (ABADASP) has been just awesome in helping us set up the Oklahoma City portion of our trip. The problem is this: Where do you park 70+ Vipers, tow vehicles, and trailers? And if you find that rare spot, how can you get 140 people fed at one time? Only one place seemed like it could do both, and that was the largest shopping mall in Oklahoma. We will have one of the security folks watching our cars (making those arrangements) while we dine at any of the various restaurants and fast food joints in and around the mall. Garfield's offers good variety in a sit-down atmosphere, while other restaurants include Texas Roadhouse, Picoso Mexican Grill, Sbarro, Chinex, A&W, Chick Filet and a half dozen other mall favorites. Plenty of selections and the ability to feed 140 people in a limited amount of time and park every vehicle safely. Also note there is a very good Viper tech down the road just in case (Terry McDonald at 405-631-0303, Crossroads Chrysler) and across the street from him is Fowler Dodge. Scott Mason is the Parts Manager and can be reached at 405-634-7339. They should have a good selection of Viper parts if needed.

RADIO
One of the more important things on these convoys is communication. Most of us will have FRS radios (walkie talkies with a range of 1-2 miles) and will try to keep track of who is going where. This makes it easier to keep everybody together and coordinate stops. If you are low on fuel before a scheduled stop or need a bathroom break, this is the way to communicate it to the convoy. These radios are very inexpensive and can be found at most department and electronic stores for under $60 a pair. Look for the ones with 14 channels (most, if not all) AND multiple subchannels or "privacy codes". This allows you to have numerous channels to choose from. The Viper Club has historically used Channel 10, Subchannel 10. It will generally show up as 10 - 10 on your display. If you are having trouble setting it just ask another member of the convoy that has his or hers working to see if they can help.

Now the one thing that should be noted is that it will be largely impossible to keep all the Vipers and other vehicles together all of the time. We know that going in. There will undoubtedly be some "splinter groups" that form and make their own pace. Going to Nashville, we kept 20 Vipers and tow vehicles together with ease. The trailers tended to migrate to the back (of course) and sometimes would show up at a gas stop a couple minutes later. We also understand if you get a little excited and get ahead of the group, but you might ease off the throttle a bit if you lose us completely. Assuming everybody can go at least the posted speed limit, then we should be fine. Again, you are NOT required to follow this schedule or even this route. The idea is to have a fun convoy with a lot of Vipers watching each other's backs. That way nobody worries about getting stranded if they have any problems. Most importantly, BE CAREFUL!! Some Viper owners are more aggressive than others, which is not a bad thing. However you should ALWAYS check your mirrors in case one is passing you at a high rate of speed. Be aware of the other cars around you and have a GREAT time!

If you have any questions, please e-mail me directly at [email protected]. Oh, and one final note: For those that aren't aware, the Marshall's (that's us) will be driving in a black Denali XL with the Kansas license plate "WEEEEEE". We pick up our Viper at VOI, but until then we will be content to help as we can. Watch for us towards the back of the pack with a camera sticking out of the window half the time. We can't wait!

Chris

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My wife slapped me up side the head and told me to "Save the novels for somebody else, Hemingway!" ;) So here is the printable Cliff Notes version:

TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 7

Late afternoon - Vipers arrive in Kansas City from north and northwest Viper clubs.

7:00 PM - Informal dinner for all at American Bandstand Restaurant (or KC Masterpiece) located at I-435 & Metcalf Avenue in Overland Park.

WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 8

7:00 AM - Depart American Bandstand parking lot on I-435 East and connect to Highway 71 South.

7:20 AM - Exit at Peculiar, MO and meet KC Missouri Vipers at Lions Club parking lot across from BP station.

7:30 AM - Head south on Highway 71 until we hit I-44 and then go west.

9:20 AM - Take Exit 4 and turn left to Amoco/BP. Park in large outer parking lot across from Sleep Inn (adjacent to the BP station). This is where the north convoy (KC) will meet with the NE convoy (Gateway, etc.).

9:45 AM - Head West on I-44 toward Oklahoma City. Note that I-44 in Oklahoma is a toll road. Plan on paying $7.00 for a 2-axle vehicle ($3.50 from the Missouri state line to Tulsa, $3.50 from Tulsa to OKC).

12:20 PM - Arrive at I-35 and Oklahoma City. Go south on I-35 and take the first exit, Exit 137. There are several gas stations on this exit, although there are NO BP/Amoco stations in OKC. Depart approximately 12:40 if fueling and bathroom breaks go smoothly and head south on I-35. <font color="red">NEW NOTE: I am now told there are also several restaurants at this exit. We have the option of skipping the next stop (immediately below) if we wish to eat at this exit (fast food, etc.) and then just meet up at say, 1:15 and start towards Dallas</font>.

12:50 PM - If we have not chosen to eat at exit 137 above, we will go EAST on I-240 for approximately 1/2 mile to Pole Road, Exit 4C. This will loop around and under I-240 and into the parking lot of the Crossroads Mall where we will eat.

1:50 PM - Depart mall and get back on I-240 where we came off, head WEST on I-240 to Exit 4A, which is I-35 South. Head south on I-35.

4:00 PM - Arrive at I-35E/W intersection, where we take I-35 E towards Dallas. Here are the directions from our lunch stop to the hotel front door: http://tinyurl.com/5t7j8

4:30 PM - ARRIVE AT GAYLORD TEXAN HOTEL!!

Note that FRS radios will be set to Channel 10, Subchannel 10 (the VIPER channel!) in case anybody needs to make an earlier gas or bathroom stop.

See you there!

Forged Horsemen

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone need there Viper transported back home from VOI to Illinios or parts in between. Contact me. I specilize in enclosed high end car transport and I am also a proud Viper owner since 95.
Regards, Classic Car Transport INC.

LittleFish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I didn't take the time to read the board this morning....whoops maybe that is why I couldn't find you guys anywhere around the I44/71 intersection. haha, I had a nice ride anyway........

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One hour, 30 minutes and counting! Had a great dinner with the Minnesota &amp; Nebraska folks last night (KC's best BBQ) and will get started in just a few. Was working on the web party badges until midnight, and as of 4:30 AM couldn't sleep. Hard to imagine why! Got some more packing to get done (we are one of the "supply" vehicles for the Viper caravan, since our '05 is waiting in Dallas for us) and then we are on the way. Don't forget that I will be posting daily updates and pictures right in this forum starting this evening. Should be awesome!

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great to see you this morning and sorry you couldn't have come to Dallas with us! Here are a few pics from today's caravan:

Last night we had a GREAT BBQ dinner catered by a couple of our Kansas City VCA members. Treated those folks from out of town to an awesome buffet with all the trimmings last night (Tuesday). Nice way to get things started!

You must be registered for see images

When we hooked up the various caravans in Joplin we had some 60 Vipers together, both driving and in trailers. And one ***** in an SUV. :smirk: Pretty impressive group to say the least!

And a line of Vipers ALWAYS looks good going down the road, whether under their own power or riding piggyback...

"I think I can, I think I can," said the little Porsche. He couldn't.

Happy to see us?

Nope, just happy to be married to the prettiest, nicest lady in the whole world (besides my own bride, of course!):

Even the toll booths couldn't hurt the pace of this group too badly:

And sometimes the best laid plans... Well, we got to our gas stop in OKC (one tow vehicle ran out of fuel on the highway) and then logistics became a challenge. Some wanted to eat there, others wanted to go to the mall we talked about, while still others drove off to fast food joints at the exit. We had three(!) local TV stations that wanted to come and film us, but the timing was bad as they were all running late doing other stories. By the time we were ready to go, they said they were still twenty minutes away (2 stations) and forty minutes away (the third). Figuring this could still be off, we left. Interestingly enough, the Colorado group blew us off at that stop. They had stopped there for lunch and literally passed by all of us as we waived to them to stop - and didn't even slow down. Strange! No matter, it still looked cool with all of us there:

From there it became more of a logistical nightmare. Our various "subgroups" stayed fairly tight (trailers, etc.), but the traffic got VERY heavy and pretty crazy. Cars were getting trapped behind slow or just plain stupid drivers. The result was that our various groups got separated by almost 5 miles. No big deal, as we had everybody arrive with other folks in groups of 5-15 cars each. Still worked out beautifully and we made some awesome time. A great time ws had by all and it was an incredible caravan to say the least! We arrived at the hotel by 5:00 after a slightly delayed start in the morning. And when we got there...

Check out the Day One Half thread I am about to post! :2tu:

RedSnakeGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
AWESOME write up. i know the exact route you took, seeing as i was born and raised in OKC. see you tomorrow

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21