Viper loses Its Brakes

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So did the brakes failed or faded? Did the fluid boil? Hard to tell what happened but seeing this Viper hit the tire wall is not a good thing for sure.

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So did the brakes failed or faded? Did the fluid boil? Hard to tell what happened but seeing this Viper hit the tire wall is not a good thing for sure.

Yeah, no way for me to guess what happened. Teamtech harness and driving suit would lead me to think that it wasn't just a rookie mistake.

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is another discussion around it.

http://forums.viperclub.org/threads/602418-Viper-Loses-Brakes-During-Turn

My poor memory was that this happened at Kershaw, SC and that it was due to a poor installation of brake lines. Another added bonus was the removal of the e-brake during the "performance" brake system installation. I think you can see Sean reaching for the e-brake to no avail.

and quote from renntrack.com
They put extra concrete and runoff at that turn after this incident. CMP is ******* the brakes, but a lot of fun. I kept losing traction going into that turn my last time (which was also my first time) there. But it was because my tire pressures were off. I kept remembering this video. I've also lost brakes on track before too, it's a scary thing!!! I was able to stop though.

and another discussion around it

http://www.trackpedia.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2337

The story I heard was that the Viper has recently ungone a brakes upgrade and that it suffered complete brake failure. I also heard that the instructor and the student suffered a few broken ribs. Not sure it it's true though. Either way, landing on your side in the woods just isn't going to make for a good day.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte