03 cobra VS 04 SRT-10 video here, check it out.....

unclgreggy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vipernxr4ti - I live in Southeast (Exit 8 684 Hardscrabble Rd.). I used to have an office in Poughkeepsie - know the area very well. Maybe we'll cruise up there soon. Moundir's car is the fast one - mine is a real pig compared to his!!!

VIPERnXr4ti

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vipernxr4ti - I live in Southeast (Exit 8 684 Hardscrabble Rd.). I used to have an office in Poughkeepsie - know the area very well. Maybe we'll cruise up there soon. Moundir's car is the fast one - mine is a real pig compared to his!!!
hey man, if you guys decide to come up send me an email at [email protected] my AIM screen name is Metfanant i want to make sure i get to see you....

Anthony

Bad02ViperGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Believe it or not!!! I also own a 03 cobra and with 1000 bucks in it I went 11.70 @ 121. You guys kill me with why would a Viper even race a Mustang...Do you think your better than everybody. I saw many 03 Vipers at the track running mid 12's. They are not like 96 thru 02....

I own several cars and they are all built for different reasons so give credit where creidt is due.

YouWish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
YouWish... are you the kind of arrogant [******] that thinks everye who can afford a Viper would drive one? I don't want to start another fight on this forum, but come on...

"Why would a Viper ever race a Mustang and for that matter a Vette is beyond me?"

So did you just buy your car to show off all your money and pull ******?
The fact you are on a Viper forum talking smack while owning a Vette shows your a wanna-be. What I said is not arrogance but truth. I know I know the truth hurts. Give me a good reason why I should race a Mustang or a Corvette? I don't need to beat either one of these cars to prove anything. I think I speak for a majority of Viper owners who get sick and tired of all these Mustang/Vette owners talking smack about how they beat or almost beat a Viper. blah blah blah. Go share your info with the millions of Mustang and Vette owners out there i'm sure they would love to here your stories. :confused:

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Greg I'll drive your SRT and you can drive my car and I will guarantee I will spank you :) I'm serious, my car is really not that fast!!!

Mike

Bad02ViperGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
YouWish sounds like a Vette owner..Big ego and all...There are alot of Viper owners that own alot of other cars for different reasons. So because you own a Viper don't act like a ASS..

I think that alot of Viper owners on this board would look down on you for acting like you do. Us Viper owners are allways known for being nice to all car people and not being so judge mental.......grow up... :headbang:

Toby

Enthusiast
Reaction score
YouWish sounds like a Vette owner..Big ego and all...There are alot of Viper owners that own alot of other cars for different reasons. So because you own a Viper don't act like a ASS..

I think that alot of Viper owners on this board would be look down on you for acting like you do. Us Viper owners are allways known for being nice to all car people and not being so judgemental.......grow up...

HA HA. Now thats funny.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i agree with 1 think you said "Us Viper owners are always known for being nice to all car people and not being so judgemental" thats true for the most part but there are times when you see a honda civic at a light and they REALLY think they are gonna smoke you then you can't have any regards for em.

I love mustangs to tell ya the truth u have a 99 GT but i do agree with what youwish said about how mustang is not even in the same zip code as a viper so why sould we have to prove anything, i mean how many vettes and stangs do you gotta race over and over and over and OVER i dont do it anymore either and i just got my viper in november of 03 and im sick of it already.

Now does this mean i have no respect for mustangs/vettes no of course not i like those cars but i love the vipers thats all.

Everyone knows the viper is the BEST american sports/super car the only reason vette/mustang owners have a leg to stand on in this debate is they been around a hell of a lot longer then the viper has. So basicly the viper makes history and the vettes/stangs are history

YouWish

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I think that alot of Viper owners on this board would look down on you for acting like you do. Us Viper owners are allways known for being nice to all car people and not being so judge mental.......grow up... :headbang:
If you would have done your homework you would have known gardner snake oops I mean Cobra boy is a troll. Go back and read his thread on how Vettes are so much better. Your buddy also likes to start fights between the Vette and Viper boards. With every post you need to consider the source. It's all right rookie i'll just chaulk your ignorance up to inexperience. Now go drive your Corvette with your million other brothers!!! :headbang:

YouWish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i agree with 1 think you said "Us Viper owners are always known for being nice to all car people and not being so judgemental" thats true for the most part but there are times when you see a honda civic at a light and they REALLY think they are gonna smoke you then you can't have any regards for em.

I love mustangs to tell ya the truth u have a 99 GT but i do agree with what youwish said about how mustang is not even in the same zip code as a viper so why sould we have to prove anything, i mean how many vettes and stangs do you gotta race over and over and over and OVER i dont do it anymore either and i just got my viper in november of 03 and im sick of it already.

Now does this mean i have no respect for mustangs/vettes no of course not i like those cars but i love the vipers thats all.

Everyone knows the viper is the BEST american sports/super car the only reason vette/mustang owners have a leg to stand on in this debate is they been around a hell of a lot longer then the viper has. So basicly the viper makes history and the vettes/stangs are history
Thanks brother. :2tu:

Bad02ViperGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
YouWish,

Maybe because you just joined this board in 03 you are still learning how to
flame!!!!

First of all he is not my buddy, I don't even know him. Second of all I have a Viper not a Vette. Third of all you are just like I said before a ASS.

Can you read or can you just afford a Viper. You must be so rich!!. I tell you these rich(think they are)people need to wake up and realize how stupid they sound.

I commented on what you said in your post and nothing else. Do your homework and learn that owning a Viper is the first part and the second part will come for you I hope!! :2tu:

YouWish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
YouWish,

Maybe because you just joined this board in 03 you are still learning how to
flame!!!!

First of all he is not my buddy, I don't even know him. Second of all I have a Viper not a Vette. Third of all you are just like I said before a ASS.

Can you read or can you just afford a Viper. You must be so rich!!. I tell you these rich(think they are)people need to wake up and realize how stupid they sound.

I commented on what you said in your post and nothing else. Do your homework and learn that owning a Viper is the first part and the second part will come for you I hope!! :2tu:
The more you talk the less intelligent you sound. You are defending a troll. Justify that Viper lover. Maybe you should post a little more. Then one day you will make sense in your posts. :eek:

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It would appear the first race the Viper driver either did not know hwas racing (my bet) or missed a shift. The second race appears completely different with the Viper way out in front that time, did no one else notice this?

1BADSNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
[YouWish sounds like a Vette owner..Big ego and all...There are alot of Viper owners that own alot of other cars for different reasons. So because you own a Viper don't act like a ASS..

I think that alot of Viper owners on this board would look down on you for acting like you do. Us Viper owners are allways known for being nice to all car people and not being so judge mental.......grow up]

Bob,
I think we are brothers. I feel the same way as some of your posts. Most Viper guys on this site are car guys but there are alot of Viper owners out there that think their car has made them something they are not. I can talk to any car guy even if he has a ricer. Some Viper owners wouldn't even say "hi" to a fellow car enthusiasts. I grew up with mustangs and I won't ever forget where I came from. Your statement of "Give credit where credit is due", is exactly right.

I have a '02 GTS w/several mods and an '03 Cobra w/ 2 mods. My Viper would win everytime but the '03-'04 Cobra is no joke guys. Yes it has a power adder on it from Ford but that's the way it comes just like the Viper comes w/a V-10 so I accept that. It will never be a Viper but that's good.

Guys a Cobra w/ 5 simple mods(cat back exhaust,no cats,cold air intake,pulley change, and a tune) will beat a stock Viper. There are cobra guys out there putting almost 500 rwhp w/those simple mods. It will also pull from a slightly modded(full exhaust/smooth tubes,etc..) Viper from a roll.

Anyway, I think everyone should keep an open mind. Anythings possible at any given time.

p.s. Bob I like your cars too. Here's mine:
'02 GTS 471rwhp/498rwtq w/o NOS/Propane(dyno pending)
'03 Cobra conv. (w/flowmasters and cold air intake)
'03 Hummer H2 (catback,cold air intake,bigger mass air)
'95 Rover Mini Cooper 1.3i RHD(sportarches,exhaust)
'71 Austin Mini RHD (stock)

Has some similarities.

Saleen-Explorer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thankyou 1BADSNK, most of the info posted in this thread doesn't make sense at all. I can't believe after about 2yrs now people still don't understand the capabilities of the 03/04 Cobras. No offense guys, our cars are awsome, but just a few bolt on's and we'll get taken by an 03' Cobra. So I don't understand how the hell some of you are walking 03' Cobras eith a centrifugal charger added on, or KB etc.

Some of you guys have some ******** comments. I love our cars, but also love the Cobras. A good friend of mine has an 03' with the KenneBell charger and a shot of nitrous, it's a fast SOB. And some of you are saying the KB's can't even make it out of the 11's, ***, the Cobra itself with just a few bolt on's can run 11's with no problem.

And if somebodies Viper with basically no mods smoked an procharger 03' Cobra, that guys car is tuned like crap or doesn't know how to drive. An 03' Cobra with a centrifugal charger pulls like all hell and would make a basically stock Viper look like a Honda Civic accelerating.

A couple bolt on's with the stock Eaton and the Cobras have no trouble trapping at least 120 in the 1/4, so I don't know what the heck tracks some of you go to where KB Cobras are trapping 120 mph :p

cratica

Enthusiast
Reaction score
friend of a friend with this and that on a good day if it's cold, with maybe a super tune from *** shop driven by Joe Blow when he's feeling well, with a shot of *** against a stock viper with a _____ and a _____ with an _____ driver will win X out of X times.

???????? This is really getting old guys!!!!!!!!!

Who cares? Stock vs stock is all that matters. Everything after stock vs stock is all about time vs money vs experience vs mods. (which changes daily) Go to nearly ANY 2nd rate car lot and pick nearly ANY car, add nitrous and a couple of other bolt ons and you will probably have a car that can *beat* a stock viper in a quick drag race. That car might blow up soon after however...

So.... point is...

Vipers are the best performance car made, stock vs stock, mod vs mod. Period.

YouWish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thankyou 1BADSNK, most of the info posted in this thread doesn't make sense at all. I can't believe after about 2yrs now people still don't understand the capabilities of the 03/04 Cobras. No offense guys, our cars are awsome, but just a few bolt on's and we'll get taken by an 03' Cobra. So I don't understand how the hell some of you are walking 03' Cobras eith a centrifugal charger added on, or KB etc.

Some of you guys have some ******** comments. I love our cars, but also love the Cobras. A good friend of mine has an 03' with the KenneBell charger and a shot of nitrous, it's a fast SOB. And some of you are saying the KB's can't even make it out of the 11's, ***, the Cobra itself with just a few bolt on's can run 11's with no problem.

And if somebodies Viper with basically no mods smoked an procharger 03' Cobra, that guys car is tuned like crap or doesn't know how to drive. An 03' Cobra with a centrifugal charger pulls like all hell and would make a basically stock Viper look like a Honda Civic accelerating.

A couple bolt on's with the stock Eaton and the Cobras have no trouble trapping at least 120 in the 1/4, so I don't know what the heck tracks some of you go to where KB Cobras are trapping 120 mph :p
Again is this a Mustang forum? Who cares what your Mustangs can do with mods. No matter what you do to your Mustang it will still always be a Mustang. :rolleyes: Your not going to impress a Viper owner with anything you do to a car that we all see on every street corner. Now please go post what your Mustang can do at Mustang/ricer forum i'm sure they will be impressed. :2tu:

Saleen-Explorer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Read sig bud, does it say "Mustang" anywhere under there, no, didn't think so, don't own one, thank you for being illiterate and egotistical as usual. But the info in this thread was way off of the facts and didn't even make sense, we even have a few other Viper owners in here giving the Cobra it's credit and who also own one. I'm not close minded as some one here. Hell, my truck will end up destroying our Viper as I don't plan on taking it to DLM or anything and rather track it with just a few n/a mods.

cratica

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Saleen,

your name is all ford. It's no wonder why you're getting picked on. You say you want a cobra engine, yet you say your not a mustang fan. It's a bit strange...

You say "our" viper, but do you really even own one? What's the vin? You say "your truck", yet your sig says you haven't bought one yet.

As far as the info on this site, we are generally a LOT more statistical and informative than most sites that spew nonsense, like "I have a friend's brother who knows someone that said that he beat a viper with his stock _____" and then the whole site believes their car is faster than a viper. We stick to published reports and the track. Not heresay, rumor or wishful thinking. Since the Viper is the best car out there, it makes it easy for us to stick to the facts.

Saleen-Explorer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey, PM'd you, didn't want to keep this thread going. Didn't mean to come off harsh, just got a little annoyed at some info. And sig has been updated, sorry, haven't been on this site for awhile.

:2tu:

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
friend of a friend with this and that on a good day if it's cold, with maybe a super tune from *** shop driven by Joe Blow when he's feeling well, with a shot of *** against a stock viper with a _____ and a _____ with an _____ driver will win X out of X times.

???????? This is really getting old guys!!!!!!!!!

Who cares? Stock vs stock is all that matters. Everything after stock vs stock is all about time vs money vs experience vs mods. (which changes daily) Go to nearly ANY 2nd rate car lot and pick nearly ANY car, add nitrous and a couple of other bolt ons and you will probably have a car that can *beat* a stock viper in a quick drag race. That car might blow up soon after however...

So.... point is...

Vipers are the best performance car made, stock vs stock, mod vs mod. Period.

I agree 100% with all the above

Some people are open minded and some are not its not a crime to be closed mined that just means youwish knows what he likes and thats all that he likes, like my dad he is the biggest die hard chevy fan you will ever meet,friggin guy almost disowned me when i got a dodge,but even he can realize the viper is the top of the mountion and now he brags about my car (if you knew my ada you would understand how amazing that is).

I give respect to other cars but like everyone here weather they wanna admit it or not looks down on other cars when you own a viper,you all do it i just got the ballz to admit that i do.

I got a mustang and hell its fun as hell to drive,been in vettes and i love them too but the viper is king and i see where youwish is commin from how many damm times you gonna race that damm z06 and keep winning???? Got no more to prove its been proven the viper is faster so its a dead issue why beat a dead hourse????

I respect all car freaks and gear heads except the ones who will pull up to ya in a civic and think just because they painted lime green and put a coffee can muffler *** say that movie fast and the piles of shyt that they can smoke you in even my mustang let alone a friggin viper how can you respect that??? But I still talk to em and can have good time with them but i will tell what they ya doing with that pile.

And youwish is not like that hes cool to everyone with all kinds of cars, he may not like their choice in cars but hes cool to em,guys on here who don't own a viper yet he shows them respect, hes not a bad guy get off his case

YouWish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
STUGOTS:Thanks alot man. I have no problem with any other make of vehicle but when guys come on talking smack about how there ride can/almost whipped a Viper i get upset. We are on a Viper site of course i'm going to defend my/our soil. It would be different if i was going to Corvette/Mustang sites talking smack but i don't. I have only made smart remarks to guys who have been trolls here before.

1BADSNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys I also agree with your last posts. I just hate to see the old Viper farts who think they have alot money holding there nose up high and are too good for everybody else because their car costs more. I like bringing a new image to the typical Viper owner. Younger well rounded car guy.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
no prob Youwish and hell yeah keep defending vipers cuz i sure as hell am,hell if someone came in here saying their mustang smoked a vette we would say "cool more power to ya" then u get a$$holes that say "well my mustang smoked a viper" and everyone in the damm room says to themselves "i smell B.S".

MustangWantsU

Enthusiast
Reaction score
and if the 03 cobra put the kenny bell on it i would get my ass kicked but the kenny bell is almost the same as a roe so if ya gave the cobra one gotta give the viper one then i would kill it.

this would require one of those Performance-Shop-On-Wheels that's out 24 hours and standing by at streetraces to see who wants a supercharger installed right there and then when they are outgunned. Hope they've got enough lighting and a mobile dyno to tune it too. oh wait, this is theory racing, my bad :laugh:

MustangWantsU

Enthusiast
Reaction score
YouWish... are you the kind of arrogant [******] that thinks everye who can afford a Viper would drive one? I don't want to start another fight on this forum, but come on...

actually, you can buy a '99 GTS with less than 25k miles for around $38-45k. that's less or around the same as a new Z06. and a little more than a new '04 Cobra.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang