'06 w/ Sill-area panel cracked ... what to do?

iron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is the panel that is the upper quarter panel (driver's side), right behind the aluminum exhaust cover panels. The panel was not perfectly aligned in my long-standing beef with Dodge that left me to hang (after they put new cats on the car ... and then re-aligned the side pipe yet again on still another trip back to the dealer). They STILL are not aligned.

It would have been my 6th trip to the dealer and still I would have gone ... but no one ever called. I contacted them (Dodge) so many times it is sad. This is the same car that they put the multi-function switch back on it without the relays and then told me they did (until I proved it). I am supposed to embrace them for their "proven" lies.

Instead Dodge sends me down the river and now that sill area has a crack in it. The car is STILL under bumper-bumper full & original factory warranty. I EXPECT them to remedy this.

Suggestions anyone? If they give me more poo about this ... is this the treatment they should give their flagship vehicle buyers?

Anyone have knowledge of this happening commonly ... or not?

Thanks all.

Last edited:

xlrashn

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Call Tator and see what he thinks you should do. Also Mark Jorgensen at Woodhouse may have some insight.

OP
OP
I

iron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please tell me if photo loaded ... I can click on the attachment and get it (and I want to make sure you all can as well). Thanks, Ron.

Sure is discouraging. The panel was not completely flush after they mis-aligned the exhaust cover panel (twice), but I was always careful while I wondered how to remedy something (actually anything) myself. I opened the door one morning and it was like that. They probably cracked it and the heat caused it to sag. You can see (up close) the material that holds that carbon fiber together.

Dodge is begging me to be a real putz about it and I have been nothing but a team player ... to no resolve. I have told them ad naseum that I was a GM dealer for 40 years and I sympathize with cars' problems ... but being a stand-up gentleman and classy about it all has gotten me NOWHERE. I have like 4-5 open complaint files with them and have talked to several people (always asking for someone in a position of authority to simply help me remedy it all). I used to work closely with our DSM (District Service Manager) and asked to have him call me. They said he would when he was at a dealer near by. Would not tell me when was scheduled and I never heard another word from anyone.

I am not some unknowledgable bozo who can be shoved in the corner. I have had about enough from Dodge's dodging me (PUN personified). Their service representatives have been bailed out by me enough times already.

Last edited:

voi9

Viper Owner
Reaction score
WOW!!!! :omg: :omg:
I would be pissed.:evilmad: :rant:
I would be calling The Wizard to get advice. :2tu::2tu:

Reaction score
Please send me the last 6 of your VIN and current mileage. I will see what I can do for you. It may be that the dealer doing the work did this and are afraid to really admit it. This area is bonded down and has to be cut away if the rear quarters needed to be replaced for some reason. I wonder if they were doing something else and compromised this area as I cannot see how heat could do this or how they could be so ham ****** they could do this taking the sill on and off, unless they were prying it because they didn't know better?

Anyway let me know and I will at least follow up with you after talking.

Please tell me if photo loaded ... I can click on the attachment and get it (and I want to make sure you all can as well). Thanks, Ron.

Sure is discouraging. The panel was not completely flush after they mis-aligned the exhaust cover panel (twice), but I was always careful while I wondered how to remedy something (actually anything) myself. I opened the door one morning and it was like that. They probably cracked it and the heat caused it to sag. You can see (up close) the material that holds that carbon fiber together.

Dodge is begging me to be a real putz about it and I have been nothing but a team player ... to no resolve. I have told them ad naseum that I was a GM dealer for 40 years and I sympathize with cars' problems ... but being a stand-up gentleman and classy about it all has gotten me NOWHERE. I have like 4-5 open complaint files with them and have talked to several people (always asking for someone in a position of authority to simply help me remedy it all). I used to work closely with our DSM (District Service Manager) and asked to have him call me. They said he would when he was at a dealer near by. Would not tell me when was scheduled and I never heard another word from anyone.

I am not some unknowledgable bozo who can be shoved in the corner. I have had about enough from Dodge's dodging me (PUN personified). Their service representatives have been bailed out by me enough times already.

SSGViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It looks like something was dropped on that area which caused it to crack. Too bad that quarter panel is such a pain to replace since it is bonded on there.

Reaction score
Ron,

Got the information, I know this is not what you want to hear but this is a DEALER issue and that is why Dodge is not getting involved. I would be questioning what happened at the dealer while they were working on the exhaust. They could have pried (for some reason) on this area or pushed down with something causing this to crack then open up down the road.

I doubt Dodge would help get you out of this car and into an 08', I would though ask the dealer to facilitate this if you are that unhappy with them. I have sent this on to the SRT people and will let you know if they feel any differently than I have thought.

Sorry for your dilemma though I would also be VERY upset knowing what it will take to repair this area.

M Jorgensen ... sent you a PM and thanks for your time.

Ron

Kenneth Krieger

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That really *****!!! Good luck with this issue......remember "a squeaky wheel gets greased first!" Keep hammering away at them.....keep us informed with what happens in the long run!

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you can always take them to small claims court the legal max. judgement is prob $3,000-5,000 that should fix it and teach the dealer a lesson and burden of proof if not a huge one!

OP
OP
I

iron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Car is in Ohio now as I am working here and did not want to leave it in FL while doing so. It will be that much more difficult. I really do not know who to take anything up with.

I will, with certainty, sue someone if a car with this expensive of a fix (that I had nothing to do with) is not fixed when it is under full factory bumper-bumper warranty ...and when their dealer rep has botched so much so badly (and has proven to have done so).

I have never sued anyone in my life (for anything) but I will be damned if I am gonna eat this, even if I had the money (which I do not). They have dumped on me too much long ago - let alone now this.

I hardly would be willing to work with this dealer any more. And the factory is the boss of the dealer, when it comes to warrantied cars. I, of all people, should know this ... since I was our (my own family's dealerships') warranty manager for about 25 years.

OP
OP
I

iron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks to all for your thoughts / input / feedback ... I am back to Dodge to remedy and therefore will not hold out hope that I will not be in court as Dodge has NEVER shown any degree of willingness to help in any way. And it IS their baby because the dealer will deny everything / anything ... just as they have all along about any / all else. They even did not admit removing certain covers until I told / showed them about 2 or 3 bolts that were missing from them. How frigging pathetic is that? I have NEVER worked on these cars and yet I can figure out what was wrong with it (in at least that one case), fix it myself ... and then they show me their gratitude by lying to me after I had to drive out there with it time and again.

And it is not just one dealer since the other dealer Dodge referred me to never called me back after they promised me they would. I have been a compelling and squeaky wheel, it does nothing to stir them (Dodge). And this all started after they transferred the guys that had worked on the car to other dealerships and closed other dealerships all together. It is the world today ... but I will not stop until I get some just treatment on this issue. I do not have the money to eat this and simply will not. Does anyone have any pull with Dodge that may get me some help here? I sure could use it.

OP
OP
I

iron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For all the raving (and I have done it too), it seems when something goes wrong, though, you are on your own. Pretty expensive FLAGSHIP VEHICLE to service, especially when it is under full factory bumper-bumper warranty still ... and not supposed to be left hanging with.

NOT what I expected for AMERICAN-MADE and (at least in theory) AMERICAN-BACKED.

In 40 years selling GM as a multi-franchise GM dealer the entire time, I never allowed one of our customers, nor even heard of one, being left hang out to dry like I am being here by Dodge and therefore Chrysler. I bought this because my good friend has bought 4. He is anxiously awaiting the outcome, because he will never do so again if they leave me hanging.

I showed my openmindedness by coming over to Mopar from GM and grew to despise Corvettes and the like. I may have to change my thinking after this if someone, ANYONE from Dodge does not step up and RIGHTLY assist me.

I wrote them yet again. 7th time. Last time I was supposed to get the local District Service Manager to call me and set something up to fix it all. Never happened. I hope it does this time for all our sakes. I will HAVE to do something LEGALLY if not. I simply cannot afford to buy and pay for an expensive vehicle covered under full warranty, and then have their servicing dealers mangle my car and then leave me hang, which is all they have done so far.

cyaford

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This ****** me off and it's not even my car! :mad: Surely Dodge can do something?? After all, they allow that dealer to sell their products......