'08 and '09 Vipers an amazingly good deal!

ASPIRATIONS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
[Originally Posted by REDBLACK
You're going to see major deflation and the greatest DEPRESSION ever going forward. If you want to buy a house today be prepared to suffer a 30% - 40% decline in value. Your economic recovery will start around 2015 if we're lucky. As far as plowing long into the stock market here that is a very bad idea. I'd wait for the S&P to hit 150.

quote=Martin;2665977]Thanks for the input. Twenty years from now, let's revisit and see who's happier.[/quote]

IF I had any money it would be on Martin.:headbang:

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This isn't going to be a popular reply here on the SRT forum but here goes. Someone could pay $20k to a world-renowned tuner like Joe Donovan (Performance By Joe) here in St. Louis and he would turn their Gen II Viper into a beast that no stock Viper, regardless of year, could come close to.

Sorry, but I disagree. You could get one thing, like a NA hand-built motor giving you 600+HP, but you could not get the rear end, tranny, suspension, and every thing else for under $20k. And remember, something you don't see is the hours of engineering that go into making everything work properly together. So yeah, a tuner can help you go in a straight line, or maybe go fast and handle better than stock. But it won't be the perfectly integrated machine that is the GenIV.

Alexarz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I seriously doubt that Mercedes had anything to do with the development of the SRT Viper and Mercedes happens to be one of the least reliable cars made at the present time. Don't take my word for it, check Consumer Reports and other such organizations who research such things.

Some of you are forgetting that the GTS was faster than the SRT up until 2008. I like the appearance of both for different reasons but most people prefer the GTS. The comparison pics previously posted on this thread are unfair since the angle is different from one car to the other, in favor of the SRT. The ACR surely looks more aggressive than the standard Viper but the wheels don't do anything for the car's looks.

kickinasp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Working for the company, I can assure you that no MB influence/help other than some design cues by MB personel working at the then "Chrysler Group" were given for the 2003 & 2008 Vipers.

FastZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for that reply!!!! How refreshing!

We (USA) need to stop treating ourselves like incompetent idiots. We do have controlling interest in the world after all. We're not idiots, we're just capitalists & sometimes out capitalistic nature gets the better of us.:dunno::usa:

The Viper IS USA in my opinion:
8.4L
N/A
600 HP Stock
750+ NA HP potential (reliably)
Tire roastin, kick your a$$, kidney beating fun. All with an ECM from a Commodore 64 (ok, maybe now its been upgraded to a TRS80 in the Gen 4's).

And yes, we have our own oil and can burn as much as we want - long live 7 MPG!!! Fuel economy and performance is an oxy-*****. Trying to justify "economical" for a 2-seater performance car is just stupid!!! No, it's not economical, it's not practical, hell no it's not environmentally responsible. But JC it's fun!!! And worth every penny it costs and every ounce of ozone it destroys!!!!

JMO :rant2:

Working for the company, I can assure you that no MB influence/help other than some design cues by MB personel working at the then "Chrysler Group" were given for the 2003 & 2008 Vipers.