08 ETC/MIL Light ?

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The shop that's doing work on my car, called to let me know that my 2008 Viper's Electronic Throttle Control(ETC) light, and MIL light are on. No indication that the ETC light was flashing, but the car is seeing reduced engine power. Any thoughts on what could cause this? The bumper has been off of the car, the mufflers replaced with a straight pipe, and lowering caps installed, and that is it as far as modifications to the car.

My only thought was the straight pipe, but all of the cats are untouched. I can't imagine this causing issues, but even if that were the case, would the ETC light come on? Thanks for any and all help.

pe5787

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It was the cam sensor for my brothers ACR and several other 08s in the area.

The shop that's doing work on my car, called to let me know that my 2008 Viper's Electronic Throttle Control(ETC) light, and MIL light are on. No indication that the ETC light was flashing, but the car is seeing reduced engine power. Any thoughts on what could cause this? The bumper has been off of the car, the mufflers replaced with a straight pipe, and lowering caps installed, and that is it as far as modifications to the car.

My only thought was the straight pipe, but all of the cats are untouched. I can't imagine this causing issues, but even if that were the case, would the ETC light come on? Thanks for any and all help.

pe5787

Viper Owner
Reaction score
He also had the flash and it was the cam sensor. It needed to be replaced. Good luck.