08' Viper, Gallardo, or keep what I have?

jdoc7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
08\' Viper, Gallardo, or keep what I have?

Really contemplating selling the RT and GTS for an 08' Viper or Gallardo. I love the looks of the Lambo and it is very unique. But HP is down compared to the 08' Viper. What would you do?

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: 08\' Viper, Gallardo, or keep what I have?

I say keep what you have. Gallardo's are the low line Lamborghini ("Real" Lambo's have V12's and scissor doors) and I would never trade a Gen 1 and a Roe GTS for an 08'

schackman

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I have a 2006 Gallardo for sale that is my personal car. It has about 650 miles on her and have owned it since this past summer.

Optioned out with everything: Orange Metalic Paint W/black Leather, E-gear, Transparent Bonnet, On board computer, Nav + Camera, FULL clear bra protection Ect.

If you are interested, give me a shout. I can send Pix and sticker.

MSRP $211,000

Am selling for $194,000

[email protected] or 219-548-3485

I am in Valparaiso IN. Where in ILL are you? Come on down and take it for a spin. I also have an 06' Paxton SRT coupe you can drive for a side by side comparison.

All the Best, SM

schackman

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I say keep what you have. Gallardo's are the low line Lamborghini ("Real" Lambo's have V12's and scissor doors) and I would never trade a Gen 1 and a Roe GTS for an 08'

I have owned a 99 Diablo SV and just sold my 1994 SE 30 #25 Anniversary Purple

And I must say that the Gallardo is far from a LOW line Lamborghini.

Aside from the Murci My 2006 IMO blows the Diablos Away...even the SE30.

The power and Quality are amazing and as for power...the 2006 has plenty of it to satisfy just about anyone. It sounds and shifts better than ever.

And although mine is for sale...its not because I feel it Low End.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The power and Quality are amazing and as for power...the 2006 has plenty of it to satisfy just about anyone. It sounds and shifts better than ever.

Sorry bud, I didnt mean that to be an insult. It was just my opinion that the Diablos and Muci's are a step up from a Gallardo. I have never driven a Lambo, so you are far more qualified to give an opinion on them. I just know when I think "Lamborghini", I think V12 and scissor doors. I would love to have a "low line gallardo", but its just like Gen 1 Vipers..Gen 3's are better in every performance aspect, I just prefer the earlier Gen 1's because it was "The Viper" while I was growing up. Its the same for me regarding the Diablos. Good luck with your sale!

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Sounds to me like you are ready to move on. I'd say jump on the 08 Viper. Speed, durability, affordability.

schackman

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Sorry bud, I didnt mean that to be an insult. It was just my opinion that the Diablos and Muci's are a step up from a Gallardo. I have never driven a Lambo, so you are far more qualified to give an opinion on them. I just know when I think "Lamborghini", I think V12 and scissor doors. I would love to have a "low line gallardo", but its just like Gen 1 Vipers..Gen 3's are better in every performance aspect, I just prefer the earlier Gen 1's because it was "The Viper" while I was growing up. Its the same for me regarding the Diablos. Good luck with your sale!

Not insulted at all. I just thought I would shine some light on the term "low end" is all. I thought the same about lambos as well (V12, Vertical doors). Thats why I went thru the Diablos 1st.

But I must say, that hands down the Gallardo is a better car. Just as my 2006 SRTC is a better car than my old 2001 GTS.

No offense taken at all :2tu:

the 2008 Viper sounds like another winner IMO :headbang:

handyman_321

Viper Owner
Reaction score

The Gallardo is one of the only cars in the world I would trade my Gen II for (OK the S7 and a few others are on that list to...lol). And for the record I prefer the gallardo over the murci any day.

I wish I had a spare $194 G's lying around...

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Pretty funny guys with 40K Dodge's knocking someones low end 200K Lambo.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Pretty funny guys with 40K Dodge's knocking someones low end 200K Lambo.

All I said was if I was gonna spend Lambo money, I'd want a V12 and scissor doors. In my follow-up post, I even said I'd like a Gallardo, its just not my favorite Lamborghini. $40k Dodge or $4k Geo, people are entitled to opinions

OP
OP
J

jdoc7

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Thanks for the replies guys. I think it'll all boil down to driving both the Lambo and Viper to see which one fits me better. I love power, the more the better which is why I may go with the Viper. Although my Roe GTS is putting down 600+, I really would just like a newer car. However, the Lambo is just so ****, I love the way it looks and 500-520 hp ain't bad! After seeing the TOPGEAR review of the Gallardo and how he says it just feels like a 'Bigger Audi TT', kinda worries me. Schackman, I may have to take you up on the offer to take the Gallardo for a spin. Modding a Lambo would probably cost a fortune too. I don't keep cars very long so I doubt 520 hp will keep me entertained long. Also, you can get an 04' Gallardo for under 150K

0260in3

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Buy the '08 Viper. That Gallardo looks like something made by Toyota!

schackman

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks for the replies guys. I think it'll all boil down to driving both the Lambo and Viper to see which one fits me better. I love power, the more the better which is why I may go with the Viper. Although my Roe GTS is putting down 600+, I really would just like a newer car. However, the Lambo is just so ****, I love the way it looks and 500-520 hp ain't bad! After seeing the TOPGEAR review of the Gallardo and how he says it just feels like a 'Bigger Audi TT', kinda worries me. Schackman, I may have to take you up on the offer to take the Gallardo for a spin. Modding a Lambo would probably cost a fortune too. I don't keep cars very long so I doubt 520 hp will keep me entertained long. Also, you can get an 04' Gallardo for under 150K

Jeff, I sent you a PM as well. If your in the market, come drive the Gallardo and then the SRT Paxton Coupe.

For my money, I had a deposit down on a 2004 G when the came out and after driving the car...I wasnt impressed. Low power for the gearing the car had, didnt handle well to me and the E-gear was a drone....slow and clunky.

When I drove the 2006, it was a differnt car. It has more power, better flowing and d DEFFINETLEY better sounding exhaust, Better Gearing, Brakes and the E-Gear is night and day with differnt modes to go along with the better gearing. Send me an email and Ill send you pix.

In NO WAY is the 06' Gallardo feel like driving or in handleing to an Audi TT.

If you are in the market, come down and drive mine and check it out. The power the car has is addictive and TO ME ....it does just fine with 520 HP Believe me.
I am a Power Feind !!! I owned the Lingenfelter C6 TT that was in Moter-Trend this past June 06'. That frikin thing had 1100 RWHP and was a beast!

If you are seriously in the market, look me up. :2tu: Check your PM

All the Best, SM :usa:

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Lambo styling does not in general stand the test of time like a cobra,ViperGTS and many others do and will because it tends to be somewhat off beat and a little too radical.They are interesting but speak to me of I got money burning a hole in my pocket so I'll buy one and dump it in a few years to look cool now. GTS Bruce

schackman

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Lambo styling does not in general stand the test of time like a cobra,ViperGTS and many others do and will because it tends to be somewhat off beat and a little too radical.They are interesting but speak to me of I got money burning a hole in my pocket so I'll buy one and dump it in a few years to look cool now. GTS Bruce

Disagree, 110%

Muira, Countach, Diablo ....all easily and instantly recognizable. All 3 classics to this day drawing top dollar for good examples. And 9 out of 10 people had a poster of one at one time thinking DAMN...just to own one...

Radical, you bet ya. Thats a Lambo tradition in styling.

When the 1st Viper hit the ground in the 90's from a company like Chrysler....IT WAS RADICAL! I also seem to remember a TV show being based off of it as well. Its still considered a Radical and in your face Car...its AWESOME! :headbang:

Do you feel down and depressed about having to drive a lowly GTS :confused: When the guy next door, that happens to be ultra conservative looks at you and wonders what you need that for....OR :shocked: ...DO YOU FEEL COOL :cool: and like that you spent a few bucks and enjoy that GTS? :2tu:
I would....

Just curious?

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score

There isn't a lambo built that I'd trade my GTS in for,
but I'm a die-hard. Between the two, if you actually drive
your car the SRT will be much easier (cheaper) to maintain
and modifiy. My personal choice would be to keep what you
have as it gets harder every year to find decent Gen1/2s
will known histories.

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I am elated and so are the neighbors.Viewing a Viper GTS always improves my mood and theirs.Classic lines that trace their origins back through the Peter Brock penned Cobra Daytona to the original,the 1962 Ferrari 250 GTO body work designed by Scaglietti. It started out as a Bizzarrini developed version of the 250 SWB:Note Also the designer of the 250 TR(Scaglietti that is).Of course you already knew this.I would have the ferrari and cobra version parked next to my GTS if I had the means.You do know what people are refering to when they use the phrases "euro trash" or "Italian junk" don't you? GTS Bruce

Photog1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Jeff
Thought you were looking for an 04 SRT? Then you would have all 3 Gens for less money than a Lambo. :headbang: Something else you might want to consider is I know you like to work on your own car but what about any kind of repairs or maintenance that you can't do? :hitfan: :nono: You, as am I one of the lucky ones to be so close to one of the best Viper dealers and Viper techs in the country.Where would you have a Lambo serviced? :bonker: :2tu: Yes everyone we are close to Roanoke Motors where John, Dennis and Dave can take good care of our Vipers. :D SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT :2tu:

Sam 01 RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I think Lambos look great, but like a Ferrari, one must take into account the maintenance and reliablity of the marques. From what I've read, many Lambos and the like are well used up by 30-40k miles, as opposed to the reliability of the Viper. AB has several posts detailing his issues with working on his own Diablo.
:)
Best of luck in your search. If money wasn't an issue, my two favorite exotics of all time, the Countach and BB512 would be mine.
:laugh:

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The Countach styling really doesn't look good today. IMO. True, we all wanted one in 1985 but that isn't the case nowadays for me.

The Diablo will still look great 10 years from now, and probably the Murci too. But the Countach? Nope. And I really, really wanted one 20 years ago.

schackman

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Guys,
I wasnt trying to stir up a hornets nest here and offend ANYONE.

I myself have owned just about every marque automobile that I have cared to because THE BUG is in me.....Im a car guy..PERIOD. Old, new, Dodge to Chevy Lambo to Ferrari...Ive had fun with them all.

I am not a DIE hard fan to any one marque...yes, I have my favorites...But would rather say I am a DIE hard fan to the Automobile.

I love my Viper yet its night and day to some of the other cars....and thats the fun of it for me.

They are like ladies. All differnt, some better than others, but I love them all.
I respect Boards like this and others as a sounding board for opinions. None of us will always agree... but we are here for the cars.

I must also say to GTSBRUCE....you seem very predjudice and very sterotypical. "EuroTrash and Itailian Junk" I myself have never been called either, though I have heard responses like this from people like you in general conversation who must feel somehow "small"
It seeems you cannot answer a question or join in a conversation without being threatend or throwing insults. All that just from a simple "should I buy a Lambo" Thread.
Enjoy your GTS.(it is a great Viper :2tu: )But I can tell you this, is that someone out there feels the same about you and your GTS as you have shown here. Someone somewhere is always hated by someone that has a little less. You seem fit for both IMO

SM

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score

what are some of the maintenance costs in dollars with this car? i remember seeing some ugly figures way back when concerning the diablo. are the costs about the same?

what does a new clutch cost and how often is it replaced? how much are brake pads? the nearest lambo dealership to jeff and i is a (3) hour drive away. how does jeff get the car serviced? is the clutch in a gallardo a cable like the diablo or is it hydraulic? i helped jeff put together a lift in his garage and discovered to my dissapointment how strong jeff is. :rolleyes: LOL therefore i am concerned about jeff being able to even PUSH IN the clutch.
You must be registered for see images

all kidding aside, i would love to hear the answers to these questions if anyone knows. i think jeff needs to know in order to make the right decision, and i am very curious.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21