09 SSG vert or 09 GTS blue coupe?

Greg-TT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thought a GTR would replace a viper in my heart but that never happened. And being a
viperless is not fun or happy so I finally convinced my wife to pull the trigger on a new
snake but here is the dilemma.

SSG vert or GTS blue coupe?? I just can't make up my mind..:confused:
I've been a vert fan for many years however I've always wanted a coupe simply
because it looks better (IMO). I know many of you will say 'go ahead and get both' but that's
unlikely to happen so I need your advise on making a decision. Both are 09 cars however
SSG do have more options like stripes and nav. Both cars can be had for the same price.
If you have a choice, what would you buy and why? The car will be driven on the weekends
most of the time however I do planning on tracking the car A FEW times a year (drag and road
race may be?)

Last edited:

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you plan on tracking the car get a coupe. a lot of tracks will not let verts in unless they have rollbars installed.
The car will be used primarily as a weekend cruiser but I do planning on tracking the car a few times a year (drag and road race may be?)

09 Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you plan on tracking the car get a coupe. a lot of tracks will not let verts in unless they have rollbars installed.

Definitely...had many issues with my vert at the track. Even just 1/4 mile tracks. But...if you are mainly a weekend cruiser.get the vert

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
+1 Vert for cruising, coupe for track. Why make a choice get both!!! We'd all be (SS)Green with envy and (GTS)Blue that we don't have two.... Oh wait, I do have a vert for cruising and a coupe for the track. I don't need no stinking money, or food. I got Viper!!!!!

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SSG all the way-

Where did you find an '09 vert with stripes? Is it new or used?

Bill over at Woodhouse has a non-stripe SSG vert' as well.

adamlotus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if your a conv guy get the vert,theres no color outthere like a ssg get the ssg imo,pics of the car please

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SSG vert or GTS blue coupe??
I've always wanted own a coupe simply
because it looks better.

I can see buying a coupe for track use, but to say that a coupe looks better??? :omg:
You might say that it has nicer looking lines, especially the rear (which it does), but what can possibly look better than an SRT with the top down??? You lost me with that comparison.

I know many of you will say 'go ahead and get both' but that's
unlikely to happen so I need your advise on making a decision. Both are 09 cars however
SSG do have more options like stripes and nav. Both cars can be had for the same price.
If you have a choice, what would you buy and why? The car will be driven on the weekends
most of the time however I do planning on tracking the car a few times a year (drag and road
race may be?)

As others have mentioned, the coupe is the way to go for track use. The alternative not yet mentioned is to buy a hard top for track use. That will get you on most every track without the need for a roll bar.

This is a common topic. When discussed, I don't think ANYONE ever changes their view. Convert folks are NEVER going to want to give up the feeling of open top motoring. If you want to have that option, then get the vert and a hard top. Costs a bit more, but you can have the pretty much the best of both worlds.

OP
OP
Greg-TT

Greg-TT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ah...only if they had a SSG coupe w/ silver stripes...

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
Greg-TT

Greg-TT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys... I've decided to go with a SSG vert.
ETA in 10 days....

adamlotus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hers my ssg vert,congrats on ur ssg,you made the right choice,i would get a set of h spokes .

Attachments

• ssg in showroom.jpg
    ssg in showroom.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 17
OP
OP
Greg-TT

Greg-TT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
hers my ssg vert,congrats on ur ssg,you made the right choice,i would get a set of h spokes .
I see you're in Los Angeles. If you don't mind, I'd like to see your car in person.
Thanks,
Gregory

Last edited by a moderator:

jamie furman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thought a GTR would replace a viper in my heart but that never happened. And being a
viperless is not fun or happy so I finally convinced my wife to pull the trigger on a new
snake but here is the dilemma.

SSG vert or GTS blue coupe?? I just can't make up my mind..:confused:
I've been a vert fan for many years however I've always wanted a coupe simply
because it looks better (IMO). I know many of you will say 'go ahead and get both' but that's
most of the time however I do planning on tracking the car A FEW times a year (drag and road
race may be?)
Well I have both, and I feel this way, my coupe is an ACR which to me is one of the best looking cars ever made way better than a convertible IMO! I also think any coupe with stripes looks better than a convertible for my taste but a coupe without stripes doesn't look as good as a convert to me especially the 2 you have in the pictures, the green vert hands down! But that being said I enjoy driving the convertible with the top down much more than a coupe, not nearly as confined feeling and I think with a slick set of wheels and lowering of about an inch or 2 and the vert looks pretty nasty in its own right. If your not racing a lot I would buy the convertible, and the new Viper Convertible is the highest hp factory production convertible ever made by an auto manufactuer I believe which is kind of cool also.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi