09 ZR1, didn't buy it!

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The ZR1 is nice...cool, I bet it's fun to drive.....I LOVE the '09 Graphite Viper...I want an ACR in Graphite to match my Graphite '02 ACR, so I'm probably not impartial.

Regards,
Aaron

Lee

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I crashed a sidewalk Vet show tonight with my GTS. A lot of Z06s a ZR1 and a couple vets with the full body panel retro conversion. The spectators strolled through and enjoyed the vets but they gathered and took photos of my viper.
I can spend an hour driving through town and see a dozen or two vets but it is a rare occurance to see a Viper.
I have always loved vets and may buy one sometime but nothng has the curb appeal of the Viper.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't feel like I'm in a sports car when I sit in a Vett. I feel like I'm in a really fast Impala. Not the kinda feeling I want out of a sports car.

mcar00

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ok Mike. Except when you're driving. Then I feel like I'm in a rocket.

Doing Sebring tomorrow?

I wish I was. I'm back in Colorado for a few weeks. Are you running tomorrow? If so, tell Phil I said Hi. I was there a couple of weeks ago with Chin. Seemed like an all Porsche event. Not that there's anything wrong with that. One orange Viper in the Novice group I think. My next event will be 4 days straight at VIR late June/early July. I'll catch you at an event over the summer I'm sure. :beer:

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man in this picture I have to give the nod to the ZR1, that thing looks awesome!
To each his own I guess. But I look at the flowing lines and graceful curves of that Viper as opposed to the boxy, angular look of the Vette and I would choose the Viper all the way. But that's just me.

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just can't get past the hood window. Why do I want to look through the hood at a plastic engine cover. It would be cool if it showed the blower or something.

TACKY TACKY TACKY :aargh:

While it isn't much to look at, that thing you see through the dumb hood window is actually the intercooler tank. It is the silver section. The blue and black around it are covers though. Just FYI.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

mcar00

Viper Owner
Reaction score
While it isn't much to look at, that thing you see through the dumb hood window is actually the intercooler tank. It is the silver section. The blue and black around it are covers though. Just FYI.

You have to wonder whether some GM cost accountant chimed in during the design process and said, "You know we could save $*** by using 33% less carbon fiber on the hood."

RichieSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you never seen one in person the "Z" has an incredible presence but still it is second when adjacent to a Viper.

John I doubt your better half would want to drive the ZR1 over her Gen4. Viper addicts forever.

Andy and Kevins cars.

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

vpr4track

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I LIKE the fact that my Corvette blends in so well. I don't want to attract attention to myself when driving on the street. I prefer to be anonymous.
I drive my Viper exclusively on the racetrack. It better perform well there, because everyone expects it to.
No point in street racing or bench racing, as neither car can exploit its capability legally outside of a race track.

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I LIKE the fact that my Corvette blends in so well. I don't want to attract attention to myself when driving on the street. I prefer to be anonymous.

Strangely, that is exactly how I feel about my Z06. I even bought it in a subdued color like gray, just so it blends well with traffic. It makes for a comfortable daily-driver car, one that still hauls ass when you want it to. Sometimes I like the flashiness of my Viper, sometimes the anonymity of the Z06. Both are great cars for their purpose.

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually, I would like to get all three of the American greats...a Ford GT, a Z06, and a Gen IV. I personally think a Z06 with some headwork and full exhaust kit and cam is quicker and better handling than the Zr1.

I dont think GM has the money to keep making Zr1's and as a result I dont think the prices of the Zr1's will come down anytime soon.

OP
OP
fuelman

fuelman

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Interestingly, I was offered another ZR1 yesterday, a RED one @ MSRP with no add ons. Not sure whay everyone keeps offering me ZR1s, but still can't justify that kind of money for a car that blends into the landscape so easily. I think one of the posters on this page had it right take a ZO6 and do some head and cam work and watch out ZR1. I rode in an STS twin turbo ZO6 a few months ago theat Macedo had done, the car was extremely fast and balanced for way less money than a ZR1. Maybe Chuck hit it right, it feels kind of like sitting in an Impala. I think at $80-85K I would do it, but $120s is just too high..