1/20 Revell question

racerjim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was at my local hobby shop today and asked if they had any red rt/10 viper diecast models. The guy went to the back room and said they just got one on consignment, its made by revell with a certificate of authenticity from chrysler. It is very detailed right down to the seatbelts on the doors and a window sticker from the dealership.

He said it was some special edition but i can't remember the name he called it.

Just wondering what its worth? they wanted $225 and it was very nice, looked like it lived in the box its whole life. and had lots of little details you dont normally see on diecast models, like the catalyst sticker under the hood, even had a blower motor on it.

thanks
Jim

OP
OP
R

racerjim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
that helps a lot, thanks for saving me some coin. I did a search on ebay but didn't come up with that one for some reason.

I'll let them keep it around for a while, im glad I didn't buy it today like I wanted to.

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I never did get a certificate with mine! $50 sounds about right though I don't remember paying that myself.

vipernut

VCA International Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Yeah..I remember 5-10 (or more?) years ago paying ridiculous amounts of money for some of the limited editions/promos (Brookfields..Creative Masters...etc)..but those days are gone!
(Probably because most of us collectors have the items already..so we're not BIDDING the prices up!!)..
Now (having said that LOL!) I'd still pay LOTS OF MONEY for the rare (some say non-existent) 1/12 GTS COUPE!! that I was offered and passed on years ago!!

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There never was a 1:12 GTS, only an aftermarket conversion set that looks like ****.

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Define just before my time? If memory serves me I have been a member ever since the second installment of this forum which was around 2001 or 2002-ish ;) All this talk and nobody can produce a picture or build number? Surely someone must have found one by now.. only ever saw one on Ebay but that was done by a private party.

ViperArry

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's the thing with stories....... if we would have had pictures it would be a FACT.

I may be wrong about the time, but don't want to start a discussion about that. (Forumdata is also messed up because of that second installment)
Vipernut is THE memorabilia and miniatures guru and she passed on a deal that was offered to her.
As far as that goes I believe there really exists such a model.

There are more models than posted on the net over time...... The Streetlegal Competition Coupe from Wayne Finch was posted once.... never sold through Ebay ;)
So lets just keep up the mythical story for this 1:12 coupe so we all KEEP chasing it down on Ebay ;)

OP
OP
R

racerjim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I got one off fleabay last night, total bid of 29.95. and after shipping its gonna be less then $50.

Thanks guys for helping me out, this one is an exact replica of my car.

ViperArry

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Best RT/10 model ever made, materials and all, only problem are the blacked out headlights.
Anyone ever attempted to undo this?

Revell didn't have clear lights (only in their brochure)for it unfortunatly.