182 MPH and Got Busted!

2BADD 4U

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Saw on the local news today that a guy in a Lamborghini Diablo (blue in color) got nailed by the Pa. State Police going 182 MPH!!!!! Guy and his passenger were arrested and the car was impounded. They showed the car being flat bedded and the owner carted away in the police car.. The car looked very nice, it was sort of like 97 Viper blue, beige interior. This was a new record speed for a ticket in Pa. 182 MPH..... OUCH!!

Olivier Caza

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man that hurts! Oh well...I guess he has the money to pay for the ticket!! ;) What kind of charge will the passenger get for that ticket?

-Olivier

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeah what's up with the passenger getting arrested too??? Man I wouldnt have stoped ;) Make the little piggies earn thier donuts.

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bugger!!

Privately - the cops will be talking about that for weeks and half will think it's very cool, while the other half will pat themselves on the back they saved mankind from another WMD.

Cops are not unknown to set up their own rader traps for fun to see which cop can go the fastest or take a corner at the best speed. They're just like the rest of us - except they make a living collecting tax off us for doing what they enjoy doing with immunity.

Real policework would involve catching reckless drivers - not pointing a radar gun and declaring we all turn to pumkins at 65mph+

If we did turn into pumpkins over 65mph - guess the entire Viper world could hold the worlds biggest Halloween party!

Diablo Joe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im sure that flat bed would of damaged that car.I dont care how careful they were.That in itself would get a lawsuit from me.

Joe

Yellow Fever

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Statiscally speaking , speed saves lives..Its the A$$ Holes doing 55 in the fast lane that cause the accidents.

I'd tell the officer that my foot fell asleep :)

Sounds like a case for Johny Cochraine :eek:

Cheers

Jeff

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Jeff for president! :)

I think the indecisive drivers, that can't follow the flow of traffic, and can't think ahead, I think they are responsible for a lot of chain-reaction accidents. But they themselves are oblivious to the damage they do, and wonder why everyone seems to be going so fast around them.

Well, maybe this is just a local "LA" phenomenon.....

One time there was this radio traffic guy, who said axiomatically that "Speed is the primary cause of all accidents, speed, and speed alone "

I thought that was just too easy to say, because of course, if everyone had no speed, (stopped), there would be no accidents.

It bothered me so much, (feeling very petty that day, more so than usual!), so I called the radio station, and got that traffic guy on the phone, and challenged him on his wild statement. He just repeated it over again, as if that was enough. So I pointed out that the fatal accidents on the Autobahn compare favorably to the US traffic fatalities. So he says "Well, thats Germany, not the US, and we have more unskilled drivers here, so you can't expect us to allow people to drive that fast here in the US". So I say, yes, thats right, and its the skill level that contributes to accidents, not merely the speed alone. So he conceded that speed is just one of many factors that contribute to accidents. (Did he just let me win that one?) :confused:

Toronto_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I myself have done 185mph here in Toronto a couple of times. If I got caught I also would have been arrested. The truth is that North Americans are both brainwashed and are being lied too. As someone that has driven in Italy and Germany on several occasion doing an average speed of 200km/hr. I have realized that the Europeans know how to drive a car. They are not brain dead at the wheel like most North americans. They can see if a car is coming up on them with great speed. They then immediately move over. The morons here will take there time to move over or they will stay there saying that they are going the speed limit or a little faster which entitles them to stay their in the fast lane causing accidents. The truth is that the cops are also brian washed. The cops dont know how to drive any better than the idiots on our highways but they are told to stop the so called dangerous people instaed of finding the drug dealers and thiefs. The reason they do not turn all of their attention patrolling the streets and finding the real criminals is because doing this will not put money in the governments pocket or theirs. The money comes from guys like you and me and our nice beautiful cars. If I had big bucks I would also have a place in Rome as the highways in Italy are maybe better than the highways in Germany. Believe me when I tell you that it is a real pleasure to drive over there. Too bad it will never be like that ober here

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Improper lane changes cause more accidents than exceeding the speed limit. Still, 182mph is unreasonable even for me. He will be fine though, if he can afford a Lambo he can afford a license in another state.

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I lived in the Philippines for the last two years until March 10 of this year. No speed limits there, no radar, nothing.
No exotic cars for the most part either; though I did see a near-new Ferrari in a military general's funeral procession once in Cebu(!).
I'm told there's an exotic club in Manila that meets at 3am or something like that to avoid traffic etc.
Oddly enough 99% of the drivers there are not speeding. But it's a different cuture.
Or maybe speeding loses its' thrill when the illegality of it is gone?

CHAD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On a related note, I got my a$$ handed to me yesterday by a yellow 6.0 Diablo by about 5 cars, 0 to 130+/-. TTBADBOY, was that you by chance? No, I don't have a Viper, yet. I was in my CL.

Chad

KERS-VPR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
the guy was from schuylkill county and caught around Jim Thorpe (small town in pa). the guy was 35 and was arrested for DUI, resisting arrest, fleeing and eluding, and reckless endangerment. get this, the road was a 2 lane not 4. the news paper article did not say they took the car. he was released after he posted $4500 bail, and said nothing about a passenger.

dansauto

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Question is....does he get the car back, or is it like the DWI deal in New York and he can loose the car ???

AC
Wow I used to live in NY, when did they start taking cars for DWI's?

Comment about line of sight...I have been nailed plenty and they still lost sight of me. I heard that they can't write you if they lose site, but don't believe its true.

Miles B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Over here in our police state, you can lose your DRIVER'S licence while sitting in the PASSENGER seat.
Two cases I have heard of were:
1. Passenger with his arm out the window
2. Passenger in car doing donut

Then the police appear on tv saying "It's only a matter of time until they kill someone!" with footage of a donut on a deserted street at night. Yay Nazis.

Yves

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a shame they got busted. Why even pull over ?

At least it is easy to 'run' on a motorcycle. Keeps your driving record clean :)
In the Viper I feel like a sitting duck. I hardly take it above 140 mph. No way to run or hide from the cops once their lights go on.
The R1 is different. It's actually funny to make a fool of the piggies. It is my mission in life to treat those morons with the contempt they deserve :D

Just my 2 cents.

Big Medicine

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Question is....does he get the car back, or is it like the DWI deal in New York and he can loose the car ???

AC
Wow I used to live in NY, when did they start taking cars for DWI's?

Comment about line of sight...I have been nailed plenty and they still lost sight of me. I heard that they can't write you if they lose site, but don't believe its true.

Correct, but,

Depending on the terrain & my familiarity of the general area where the line of sight is lost........they'll never see me again.

I don't speed in strange places or jog a pig without a specific route & plan. If they are fortunate enough to clock me or see me doing my thing, they have lost me once I spot them. Unless of course, they fall into an enormous stroke of luck.

You have to pick your spot to run like that. When you release that control, you will more than likely be on their ground & get caught.

gthomas

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Peoples Democratic Republic of New Jersey
Since we're on this subject,my friend in the U.K. went to pick his Porsche up from RUF,and drove it home.While going through France,he opened it up to higher than stock speeds,and a cop actually clocked him speeding,and pulled onto the highway to try and catck him.My friend hit the brakes,pulled off the highway immediately,pulled into a diner/restraurant and he and his passenger ate,took a little over an hour.Then they got back on the highway,and lo and behold,about 10 miles up,an officer had a middle-aged man driving the same model/make/color Porsche,pulled over,and the two were argueing.All the other cops,didn't even interfere.
I can picture it,but if it only has a top speed of 184 from the factory,officer,how could you have clocked me going faster?(!@#$$@#*&#)

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not exactly.

They need a line of sight to use a radio.

Not exactly.

Ever heard of an 800mghz radio system with digital or analog repeaters? This type of radio communications system can transmit county or statewide.