1993 Viper Wheels

Wilks

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi All,

OEM wheels for the 93 are 17x11 and 17x13. Will the 18" wheels fit here without issue? Also, will any Gen 2 or newer Viper SRT OEM type wheels fit my Gen 1? Don't know if there are any bolt pattern changes or am I just looking at diameter sizes. Seems like the 17" are tight fit so not sure about 18" plus?

Thanks,

Wilks

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
WRONG premise in part: OE 93 are 17x10 fronts You said 17x11

Yes and Yes otherwise.

All OE Viper Wheels retro-fit PRIOR years, so all fit your Gen 1. (but some are HEAVY for your old shocks!)

But 17" OE wont fit SRT vehicles.

OP
OP
W

Wilks

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, thanks for the replies folks!! Glad to hear it? Are you sure on the fronts of a 93 at 17x10 vs 17x11?

I assume that going from 17" to 18" is ok but what about the width of a 10" to an 11"? Is this all ok?

Anyone know where a good place to get OE later year Viper wheels with a tire package? I need new rubber and would like to take the opportunity to get new wheels as well.

I have never had the Viper off the ground but have low profile ramps I purchased just for this reason. Is it safe to assume I can pull it up halfway on the ramp and get an hydraulic jack under the front somewhere easily or are the jack points on the side or both? I'm thinking of changing the wheels tire combos myself vs bringing to a shop. Any pros and cons here?

Thanks again,

Wilks

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wilks, the front's are 17X10. Did you read 17X11 on the new RT/10 website? I saw that written there and it is incorrect.

As you read lot's of wheel options from the later model vipers. I have the 5 spokes from the "99 - '02 viper's. They look good and you can find a nice used set for $1,000 or less. Might get lucky and find a seller with a set with good newer tires too. If not JonB or viper parts can get you a good deal on tires.

Get a good low profile aluminum jack. Bargain jacks are as low as $70, better jacks are $150 plus. (Do a search, many threads here on jacks). Unless your viper has been lowered these jacks will have enough clearance to lift it on the factory jack posts with out the need for ramps or wood blocks.

Swapping wheels is easy. Get a low profile jack and I'd suggest you get a good torque wrench too. For frequent wheel changes get a battery powered impact wrench.

Good luck, post up pictures when you've got your new wheels. Mike

OP
OP
W

Wilks

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah I either read it there or it came up on the TireRack when I searched for wheels by car. Thanks for setting me straight as did Jon.

Yeah I'm hoping to find a bad front tire tonight when I get it up in the air as I have a bad vibration and steering wheel shake. I've had the car two years so don't know much about the tires except I've had to fill the front pass tire a few times. Either a slow leak or something is wrong here which could be my problem. Just didn't show up until last weekend when I was out. Might have been slowly on it's way out and that last drive may have done it.

I've sent a message to Jon at the Parts Rack so hopefully I can get a package deal with rims and tires there or a good used set off someone.

I have the low profile ramps that I can use tonight till I get a low profile jack down the road. I assume once I get up the ramps a little I can then fit my regular hydraulic jack under the front and lift from the engine support. I've never been under a Viper but many other cars so hopefully it's that easy.

I have a air compressor and all the nice tools to easily change tires when necessary so I'm good there. Just never had the reason to do this on the Viper yet so wanted to make sure I get some good advice first!

Thanks for the help and will post pics of the wheels when I get them.