1996 GTS vs 2006 RT10 Coupe

piper1112

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I sold my 96 B/W GTS last fall as I was offered a fair bit more than I had purchased it for ( still a mistake though )....anyway, I am currently looking for another viper and I am torn between the Gen II and Gen III. I am well aware of the difference in appearances so my question is geared more towards the pro's and cons of each car. My 96 ran hot, took forever to cool down, was difficult to work on ( because of the tilt hood ), etc. Nothing major...and don't get me wrong, the tilt hood to me is superior in appearance....and the GenIII seems to have a sleeker refined look and not as raw, so there are trade off's to each model. I was wondering if anyone has has a Gen II and then went to a Gen III ...or vice versa, and what anyones thoughts were.
ei. dependability, HP, drive train, compartment temp, handling, comfort ( not real important...curious), any upgrades, etc.

Thanks Piper:beer:

RevHeat

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Piper, why???? Your 96 was perfect? Trade the below for a 2006??? Not me! This was Piper's 96 GTS.

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
P

piper1112

Viper Owner
Reaction score
There she is!!!.........wow you're good.......I mean an a$$ for reminding me lol.
Any comment on the 06 B/W:crazy2:

OP
OP
P

piper1112

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Here's another that caught my eye...yes a GenII....would still love to hear about the 06 coupe...even if these Gen II's are works of art

Attachments

• 02bumblebee3.jpg
    02bumblebee3.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 23

04mystic

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have had 5 SRTs and a GTS. If I could only have one Viper it would be the SRT, much better car as far as driving experience. I have my 06 FE and TT GTS. At some point I am going to add a low mileage 96 B/W and then I will be content

Until the new ones come out;) Oh and I wish I had a GT2 sitting in my garage, it would be Viper heaven to me at that point.

Long story short, go with SRT. Then get you another GTS to enjoy later.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi