1997 Blue/White GTS from OHIO. Please read, Please contact me.

ACRSNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks to everyone for the comments and support. I realize the mistakes I made during this transaction. When you get excited about something. Sometimes you just believe and hope (so strongly) that everything will work out. That you throw caution to the wind. I am guilty...

At this point, the deal is dead. And I discovered some very interesting things about this car. VERY INTERESTING.

earned premium on insurance for 1 week - $50.00
fed ex fees - $22.00
stop payment charges - $75.00
(check was deposited, but did not clear fed. until today, got it just in time)

Being able to walk away from this pile of garbage car and seller for $147.00. PRICELESS !!!!

Thank you guys... Take this as a lesson. If your in the market for a car, buy from a VCA member. Some of the best and nicest people I've ever met.

thanks again...
Ron

Sorry to hear about the bad experience, but seems to me it could have been worse in that you could have lost a whole lot more than $147.00. I'm sure you'll find another. There are plenty to choose from out there.

mbccenter

Legacy Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I have had many deals fall through. A sad fact but most people today there word is no good. I have always been able to find another one that is better then the last. You will find another car that is better then this one.

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
any links to this car or ad ?

I think you're thinking the way I am... If I were about to buy a car from someone, I'd want to have all the info possible - and if the buyer is smart and visits this site, they might avoid doing something on impulse and start asking the buyer some hard questions. If a seller ***** someone over, they're pretty much dead in my book. No way I'd buy from them no matter how nice they might seem or how good the price is.

2snakes4us

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im glad you got out of that mess for only 147.00. you could have spent more on just going to see the ****.
let everyone know who this guy is to protect the next innocent viper buyer

97GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry for your troubles but you ABSOLUTELY need to go public with every bit of info you have on this "seller" including name, address, anything that you have. Ruin him on all of the Viper sites and he may wish he hadn't screwed you over.

The internet is a powerful tool: Use it.

Ron

BolsOut

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I absolutely HATE people like him. Wuta ****.
:mad:

And yah, you should go public, at least on this site & Viper Alley, with all the vehicle info. Dont slander him, just put it out there with a BIG Warning.

In my book, he bought & paid for all the negative press. Give it to him.
:2tu:

Last edited:

xlrashn

Viper Owner
Reaction score
+1 to that!! Fill us in the the car and the seller so another unsuspecting Viper guy does not fall victim. And congrats on shaking the dirtball for only $147.00!!!!

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For $ 147.00 your Lucky.. I have had 2 bad experiences. # 1 David Wilks from Texas. Purchased a car from him for 5K. Went to Houston to pick it up & it was completely gutted. Lost that money.

# 2 Had a person from Ohio build me a small CSR Type car with Motorcycle Engine. This person was someone that i knew, and thought was my friend. Car was to be custom. IT was anything but custom. I could have picked this type of car up for 20K, but i paid alot more for nothing. Decided it was the principal of the matter. 40K into a car + almost another 20K in Attorney Fees & i'm no closer to getting this settled than i was on day 1.

I have learned the hard way...

past ohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What can you tell us about the liar....can you tell us his name and true location ? Just curious that these type of "creepy crawlers" need to have the light of day shine upon them !!!

viperbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For $ 147.00 your Lucky.. I have had 2 bad experiences. # 1 David Wilks from Texas. Purchased a car from him for 5K. Went to Houston to pick it up & it was completely gutted. Lost that money.

# 2 Had a person from Ohio build me a small CSR Type car with Motorcycle Engine. This person was someone that i knew, and thought was my friend. Car was to be custom. IT was anything but custom. I could have picked this type of car up for 20K, but i paid alot more for nothing. Decided it was the principal of the matter. 40K into a car + almost another 20K in Attorney Fees & i'm no closer to getting this settled than i was on day 1.

I have learned the hard way...

David Wilks?! That bum still owes me over $200 for some 1:12 scale Vipers he bought years ago.

But yes, the community needs to know who the **** is so we all know who not to deal with.

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Interesting, I met daivd this weekend @ Roebling. Wonder if it was the same guy. He sought me out because he used to have a Viper and gave me one of his business cards. hmmm

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
David Wilks?! That bum still owes me over $200 for some 1:12 scale Vipers he bought years ago.

But yes, the community needs to know who the **** is so we all know who not to deal with.

wow, if you guys want is info I can PM it to you.