2" Seat Lowering Kit Installed

Hawaii Mike

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well this weekend I did my first mod on my 05. I was looking at some more room in the cockpit, did my research and ordered the
2" Seat lowering Kit. First off, what a difference this kit does for tall drivers (I'm about 6'5) definately got my moneys worth on this upgrade, thanks for all the feedback from those of you who have already made this change. Getting in and out of the car is a little more work, however once your in the seat, its total comfort, more leg room, and suprisingly makes the cab of the car feel a whole lot bigger. You have to love the guys at Dodge for doing the Viper seats as they did, these seats literally wrap around you and you become part of the machine. I would recomend this kit for anyone that is thinking about it and looking for some more room.

The instructions have alot to be desired, after laying the parts out and looking over everything the install was quite simple, maybe an hour or two from start to finish. The hardest part of the install for me was getting everythihng lined up and tightning down the rear mounting bolts and screwing in the front mounting screws after getting the seat back in the cab with the new mounting hardware.

Oh yea, I did make one other upgrqade in the cab with the audio system, I replaced the stock door speakers with the POLK Audio
DB651s speakers. Real simple straight forward install. I tell you its like night and day. The sound quality was definately a great improvement. I dont plan on changing out the stock radio or amp, I just wanted to get some better crisper sound with little cost, I got the speakers from Crutchfield for less then $100.

Again, I thank all the guys on here for all the good writeups on these products, I can see this can be addictive. Who knows what I'll research next.

Mike :headbang:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GreatWhiteKAC