2008 ACR /Viper Orders Scheduled for Production

als 08 viper acr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anybody know how Viper Orders get scheduled for production assuming the same Color. Is it based on the dealer, the area, haphazard or what? I have a Red ACR in J status that was ordered by my dealer on Dec 13, 2007 yet I now see a Red ACR like mine that has a Vin number 100+ higher listed on ebay by a dealer (In Stock) & I am just wondering why was his completed before mine. Maybe WoodHouse could shed some light on the scheduling process.

Any comments would be appreciated

rtigert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:dunno: If it were MY world, customer pre-paid deposit orders would take president over dealer alotment orders. Unfortunately, I do not have that authority. Fortunately for you, you did place your order with an appropriate dealer. You should contact them with your question..

I feel your pain, I waited on a red/blk ACR for almost 6 months before canceling my order. I now have a Street Serpent and will more than likely order an '09 ACR (Granted, if the wait is more than 6 month and approaching the new year, I will cancel that order too!)

trojewski

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As you know, Vipers are not built on sequential VIN#s. I believe they are scheduled based on "color runs". I ordered my ACR in Dec, '07 (red/black) and it showed up at the dealer yesterday! I saw several with higher VINs at VOI.10.

:drive:Hang in there, it is truly worth the wait!

black08

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Does anybody know how Viper Orders get scheduled for production assuming the same Color. Is it based on the dealer, the area, haphazard or what? I have a Red ACR in J status that was ordered by my dealer on Dec 13, 2007 yet I now see a Red ACR like mine that has a Vin number 100+ higher listed on ebay by a dealer (In Stock) & I am just wondering why was his completed before mine. Maybe WoodHouse could shed some light on the scheduling process.

Any comments would be appreciated

I would be curious to know the answer as well. Like you, I ordered my ACR back in December of last year; it's solid black in color. Here we are, closing in on October and mine is still sitting in J status too. I've seen people on this board who ordered in February who have already taken delivery. It really ***** for those of us north of the border because I don't even think I'll be driving it now until next spring; that is if it gets here by then. Why should I pay full price under these cirumstances for a 2008 model? This ****** me off.

cheryl mccally

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The ACR is worth the wait. If you have a VIN # already I wouildn't cancel the order and wait longer for an '09 when it's the same car.

OP
OP
A

als 08 viper acr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As you know, Vipers are not built on sequential VIN#s. I believe they are scheduled based on "color runs". I ordered my ACR in Dec, '07 (red/black) and it showed up at the dealer yesterday! I saw several with higher VINs at VOI.10.

:drive:Hang in there, it is truly worth the wait!

But you would think that they would be built in sequence within the SAME COLOR!
That is my situation.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Al,

You did not mention what options you ordered on the car, but that has delayed some of the cars - example ; radio/assessory surround bezels. The Red cars were done later than originally slated and there are many minor reasons why the ACRs have been delayed this year, but the primary issue appears to be with the wing and splitter system. Hang in there as the wait is absolutely worth it and give me a call if I can help any further.

I have quite a few customers still waiting, so they and I share your pain -- some have been ordered since December , also.

Respectfully,
Bill Pemberton

OP
OP
A

als 08 viper acr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Al,

You did not mention what options you ordered on the car, but that has delayed some of the cars - example ; radio/assessory surround bezels. The Red cars were done later than originally slated and there are many minor reasons why the ACRs have been delayed this year, but the primary issue appears to be with the wing and splitter system. Hang in there as the wait is absolutely worth it and give me a call if I can help any further.

I have quite a few customers still waiting, so they and I share your pain -- some have been ordered since December , also.

Respectfully,
Bill Pemberton

Bill,

Thank you for your comments. For your info, both cars had exactly the same options. Red/Black Int with Driver's Stripe Only. Dealer on ebay is Hendrick's in NC. (Probably Racing Car Fame) The last 6 numbers of the Vin is about 100 higher. The only other difference is the 2 digets before the 8 (assume for the year) is different.

I wonder if some 2009 Vipers will be delivered before I receive mine-Yesterday I heard from my dealer delivery is probably late Oct. or early Nov.

Al