2008 Viper ACR value?

CCBrian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, I had tried to post the question of what my ACR is worth in this market-but the post was taken down because it wasn't listed for sale here (who comes up with thiese rules anyway?). So its now posted for sale. I wanted them to list for a million dollars but they thought it was a typo and put $100K-as a joke since I had an issue with them taking my last posting down. NO, IT IS NOT WORTH $100K! What I need is some idea of value. It has $12K in extras done by DC Performance-see ad for everything. So is it worth $80K or what? Your honest feedback is really appreciated! I may sell for a business opportunity and am debating on selling this or my Ferrari F430 F1. Thanks! Brian

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Over the last few years i have been involved in numerious sales transactions on the GEN 4 .To facilitate a TRUE SALE low mileage MINT 08 coupes (STRIPES )ARE MID -LOW 60S (thats A TRUE SALE .ANYTHING HIGHER  THEY JUST SIT UNTILL THE SELLER DROPS THE NUMBER )The question is is how much more is an ACR worth more than a striped coupe (the add ons are GREAT but in actuality if you get 10 cents on the dollar for them your lucky )i would venture to think 10-12 grand total amount for a low mileage non tracked car arouind 78 .

OP
OP
C

CCBrian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You may be right...maybe I could spend this weekend unbolting all the add-ons and put it back stock...the parts are worth more off the car.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is not set number you can put on the car until it actualy sells. In this economic enviroment, there isn't a lot of extra cash for toys. If you are looking to sell fast, expect a LOT of low-ballers. If have patience, you can get more by waiting on the right buyer to come along.

With your modifications, I personally think it will sell fast for anything under $78K. If you want $85K r higher, it will take finding the right buyer who wants exactly what you have.

gotomyp4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How much more would an 09 be worth than an 08? Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

V

Venomiss

Any ideas?

Yes, call around to dealerships and ask.
Check all the usual places like Ebay, autotrader, classifieds.
Then call the bank and see what they say.

There are many factors that you can't figure because every Viper is different- condition, miles, history. That should give you an idea to start.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
How much more would an 09 be worth than an 08? Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

same-same in every way but model year? ie new on monroni? used?

10-15k ballpark.... and even a bigger gap very soon as 2010 hits the street

yeah, call the bank.......

gotomyp4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes same in every way, used, but 09 instead of 08 stock. So when 2010's come out will the value of both 09's and 08's go down, didn't understand the last part you said JonB about the gap getting bigger.

Also, when you guys say call the bank, am I asking what they will loan on it or are you referring to something else? thanks so much!

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Think the 09's only have a slightly tweaked computer code with some improvements in the throttle response.

Believe with Mopar computers they become essentially the same.

Price of 09 would obviously be more, but think most buyers would be more interested in color selection than model year.

The 2010's on the other hand are the last, and finest of the breed, with more colors and options available, so I would imagine that the perfect car, in the perfect color, with the perfect options would appeal to more Viper enthusiasts than a better price on a color you do not like, or would accept.

Dodge needs to be applauded for releasing the fantastic selection of options for the final run.
Previously no options at all were available. If you wanted a Viper in 1996 your only option was the base coupe in Blue/White. (Not too shabby, and perhaps the most wanted Viper of all time.)

compcoupe21

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just bought a new '09 ACR and it was b/c of the 0% financing and deep discount or I would have waited for the 2010. By my estimates I saved roughly 20k (probably more) between car discount and zero on the money. So this puts a lot more value in buying a new nine then a used eight and or new ten. The nine's are the way to go right now, that last year crap and the SE car's won't mean much until 30 years from now and even maybe not then too! Who is gonna park an ACR just because of hoping it will escalate in value, not many I'm sure! As far as the '08's are concerned they are a tough sell again b/c of the nine deals that are out their. I see a new untitled 2008 for sale but when you have so many colors to choose from and get 0% to boot, where does that put the '08, even though new it's a model year older (10k let's say) and you can get 3-3.5% on a car like that which is worth roughly 7-8k so do the math on the value! JMO, not meant to ruffle any feathers.;)

FikseGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it would sell for $80k, there are buyers out there that would rather have the parts on the car and not deal with the hassle of getting everything bought and installed..... put it up on eBay, you'll get a lot of exposure there....

Dr. Sandman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Think the 09's only have a slightly tweaked computer code with some improvements in the throttle response.

Believe with Mopar computers they become essentially the same.

Price of 09 would obviously be more, but think most buyers would be more interested in color selection than model year.

The 2010's on the other hand are the last, and finest of the breed, with more colors and options available, so I would imagine that the perfect car, in the perfect color, with the perfect options would appeal to more Viper enthusiasts than a better price on a color you do not like, or would accept.

Dodge needs to be applauded for releasing the fantastic selection of options for the final run.
Previously no options at all were available. If you wanted a Viper in 1996 your only option was the base coupe in Blue/White. (Not too shabby, and perhaps the most wanted Viper of all time.)
Paul,as the owner of a '09 ACR I'm not so sure about your statement that the 2010 is the finest of the breed.:dunno:

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
While I love my 09, I feel that the 2010s offer just a bit more.

They have changed out the gear ratios in 5th gear to enhance 0-150 speeds for setting more track records, offered more customized choices in colors, wheels, interiors, making for even more one of a kind, or low production series.

SRT has released Voodoo, Final Editions (soon) and ACR-X models not available in previous editions.

There is also the small chance that these may be the last Vipers ever produced (forbid).

Think 10's will always sell for a small premium over previous years. (Except for original G2).

V-10 in 2010..a natural.

Dr. Sandman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The ACRX is a non street legal car like the comp coupe was.The small change in 5th gear will only make a difference on the 'ring and a few other tracks and most likely only in the hands of a professional race driver.The special colors,interiors,wheels,etc. are all great that they are being offered but in reality this is nothing more than a marketing ploy to sell the 2010's.Just look at all the 2009's available for some really good deals.Don't get me wrong I love my ACR,the graphite/black sinister look,the fact that they made only 7 of them (3 ********)etc.I'm just not falling for the 2010 best of the breed hype.Ultimately what one guy finds "best" is all subjective.:2tu:

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I HOPE the '10s are perceived as 'best of breed' and go for top dollar. If they end up having to sell those at fire sale prices like they're doing on the '09s, we're all going to be upset...

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Other than the 5th gear and the fat stripes, there's not a whole lot of difference from the rest of the Gen 4 cars.....

Bill

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4