2010 Viper??

DRBSRT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
After reading through the various threads, it sounds like the Viper will continue to be produced through the end of the year which is great news!! This being the case, will the model year be changed to a 2010 at some point or will they continue building '09 models through the end of the year? Inquiring minds want to know.

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am guessing that this may be the last year. They are going to finish 09 orders then who knows.

Bruce

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have just framed 3 prints of a design concept for a Gen V Viper. They were purchased at a club raffle at CSD-Pocono and signed by Ralph Giles. Look awesome, I hope they produce it or something like it. And before anyone posts that "This post is worthless without pics", I'm working on it. The glass on the frames is too reflective to shoot a good picture.

I also understand that they can continue making the 09 into 10 for several months but at some point they need to redesign the car for new Fed rear offset collision standards. The 09, I understand, won't meet those.

Please sign the "Please sign this petition!!!!" thread and save the Viper!!!

:usa::usa::usa::usa::usa::usa::usa::usa::usa::usa:

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also understand that they can continue making the 09 into 10 for several months but at some point they need to redesign the car for new Fed rear offset collision standards. The 09, I understand, won't meet those.

I don't mean to hijack this thread, but my gut feeling is that the new Fed rear offset collision standards are going to be relaxed... How in the world will the newly "Obama blessed" Fiat 500 and other micro-cars pass that test? If we want to get all the car manufacturers to start selling cars like that, something has to give... I'm suspecting that passenger safety is one of the things that someone will compromize away.

adamlotus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
so many new vipers are still for sale and so many used ones some barely used,so if 09 is last year oh well .its not a vehicle that everyone wants thats why there still new 08s around.let it go out in 09 it will be better for all of us viper owners in the long run.

Chrissss

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I believe it is a huge leap of faith to assume that since the plant reopened, as all the suspended plants were supposed to do once the Fiat deal was inked, that the Viper will continue. I think it's a mistake to assume anything, one way or another, from the plant reopening.

The sign will be not if they continue the production of the 09 model, but if they come out with an 2010 model. All the speculating in the world won't answer that. Only Fiat will and I doubt they are talking right now.

FLX109

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK,
Why will they not take any orders for Viper memobilia, hats , jackets etc at the plant store? I was told you cannot order anything you have to buy what is in stock. No more orders hmm.......

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte