2011 Texas Viper Round Up

VicTxV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So thinking about going to this. Never been. New Viper owner. This a Kerville / 3 sisters deal? I am running it next month before the place gets crawling with slow moving bikes. More information please. :)

When you plan on running that?

F

FrgMstr

When you plan on running that?

Going down on the 11th and going to run it on the 12th and 13th of February. A good buddy of mine is going down with his Solstice club and leading the fast group. I am going to run sweeper for him and get used to driving the Viper. It is a good group of guys and an "open" meet so you can drive whatever you want.

I was giving the Sol guys a hard time about the Sol just being a squished up Viper. :) Funny stuff.

You must be registered for see images

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This year will be awesome! So sad that Eric and Cass can't make it :( won't be the same with you two there.

Will be great to see the Aggie cars of B&R :eek:

Smokin' 2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So thinking about going to this. Never been. New Viper owner. This a Kerville / 3 sisters deal? I am running it next month before the place gets crawling with slow moving bikes. More information please. :)

The only car event I have been to that rivaled the Round Up was VOI. In some respects it's more fun. If you can make it, you'll enjoy yourself. I'm hoping for a little road course action like last year myself. We'll see.

Sorry to hear Eric and Cassi can't make it.

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only car event I have been to that rivaled the Round Up was VOI. In some respects it's more fun. If you can make it, you'll enjoy yourself. I'm hoping for a little road course action like last year myself. We'll see.

Sorry to hear Eric and Cassi can't make it.

Mike and Rob...will be great to see you among the Houston friends again this year!!!

F

FrgMstr

I assume this will be a family friendly event? I have a 10 year old boy that would be in awe to be around so many Vipers.

Smokin' 2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I assume this will be a family friendly event? I have a 10 year old boy that would be in awe to be around so many Vipers.

We brought both our kids last year, 9 and 6. They had a lot of fun. There is a lot of time in the car. We brought two Vipers and split the kids for the driving events. We're bringing our kids again this year.

OP
OP
T

TexasTonka

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Plans have changed from what was initiated earlier for this years round up. Please be on the look out for an email from Jason T soon. He will be spearheading the new format voted on by VCA members.

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
We brought both our kids last year, 9 and 6. They had a lot of fun. There is a lot of time in the car. We brought two Vipers and split the kids for the driving events. We're bringing our kids again this year.

Ah yes, I think your kid's are the only kid's I've seen that can actually fall asleep in a moving Viper.:omg::2tu:

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Plans have changed from what was initiated earlier for this years round up. Please be on the look out for an email from Jason T soon. He will be spearheading the new format voted on by VCA members.

So Kurt...which car will you be bringing this year?

hou99gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Which VCA members voted? We were not asked to vote on anything that I am aware of.

F

FrgMstr

We're all going to the movies this year!!!!! No twisted sisters. Bring your cameras.

Oh wow, that's friggin awesome. :rolleyes: Guess we know if the Texas guys like to drive their Vipers or sit around and look at the car.

Smokin' 2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Which VCA members voted? We were not asked to vote on anything that I am aware of.

Eric, This was brought up by Ivan at the Houston board meeting on Sunday. I did not hear anything about it until Sunday and he stated it was rather short notice to 'put it to a vote' whether the activities surrounded San Antonio or Austin this year. The board did vote on it Sunday and were told we had to submit our response by Sunday night to the Central Region.

I have several questions regarding when the presidents of the Texas regions were contacted and if the intent was to get quick feedback from the board of each region exclusively or were we given enough time to send out a mass email and gather votes from individual members? Can anyone in the planning committee give us an idea of the timeline? I'm just looking for a complete picture as a Houston board member wanting every member to optimize their VCA participation and am not lodging a complaint with those working hard to put together another great experience.

I also mentioned to the Houston board that a schedule for officer's elections needs to be put in place.

Damn I hate politicians and it sure reads like I'm being one.

Now back to wanting to know about details for the Round Up!:drive:

Smokin' 2

Enthusiast
Reaction score

For the record, I did not receive previous emails regarding any aspect of the Round Up.:dunno:

VicTxV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Plans have changed from what was initiated earlier for this years round up. Please be on the look out for an email from Jason T soon. He will be spearheading the new format voted on by VCA members.[/]

I got the email Saturday to vote for San Antonio or Austin before midnight Jan 30th. I received an email on Monday saying Austin was chosen. You post this Tuesday. Are we going to get another email with new plans/changes?

FastZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You might be onto something here..... Don't lodge a complaint - the movie will be fun! I'll bring enough PopSecret Movie Theater Butter for both of us!

Here's the e-mail you never got:
Fellow Viper owners!

THIS IS A REMINDER: YOU MUST VOTE BEFORE MIDNIGHT!
This year the South Central Texas VCA has picked a few brains and has come up with quite a few activities for members to partake in on this year's Roundup. Unfortunately we can't do them all as some are mutually exclusive, so we've bundled together 2 options for members to vote on.

IMPORTANT: Because of the urgency to get the rooms reserved with the hotels, we will be counting votes at 12:00am CST January 31, which is Monday morning. The survey counts IPs so you only get to vote once; however, if you change your mind I believe you can edit your vote up until the close of the survey. If you've already voted, thank you for taking the time to do so. If you haven't make sure you weigh in; this is your only shot to help pick this year's activities!

Please click the survey link below. Good luck and happy voting!
Texas Viper Roundup '11 Survey

Eric, This was brought up by Ivan at the Houston board meeting on Sunday. I did not hear anything about it until Sunday and he stated it was rather short notice to 'put it to a vote' whether the activities surrounded San Antonio or Austin this year. The board did vote on it Sunday and were told we had to submit our response by Sunday night to the Central Region.

I have several questions regarding when the presidents of the Texas regions were contacted and if the intent was to get quick feedback from the board of each region exclusively or were we given enough time to send out a mass email and gather votes from individual members? Can anyone in the planning committee give us an idea of the timeline? I'm just looking for a complete picture as a Houston board member wanting every member to optimize their VCA participation and am not lodging a complaint with those working hard to put together another great experience.

I also mentioned to the Houston board that a schedule for officer's elections needs to be put in place.

FastZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
But apparently the Houston and DFW crowd was involved according to the "results are in" e-mail. Am I reading that the Houston & DFW crowds maybe weren't involved???

Here the "results are in" e-mail:
Fellow Viper owners!

The results for this year's Texas Viper Roundup are in!
We had quite a few responses from not only our South Central region, but our Houston and Dallas regions as well. Voting went all the way to midnight, and it looks like the majority of this year's attendees would like to do the Austin thing!

Thank you to everyone for taking the time to vote on such short notice. We realize it was a bit rushed but one of the hotels was under the gun to book and had to have an answer today, and we didn't realize we had such varying opinions on the Roundup format so we decided to extend a last-minute poll to make sure the majority got what they wanted.

We'll be signing the contract with the hotel this week, so we'll get you all of the information you need to know as soon as that is penned. Thank you again to everyone, and we look forward to seeing you April 1-3!

OP
OP
T

TexasTonka

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Plans have changed from what was initiated earlier for this years round up. Please be on the look out for an email from Jason T soon. He will be spearheading the new format voted on by VCA members.[/]

I got the email Saturday to vote for San Antonio or Austin before midnight Jan 30th. I received an email on Monday saying Austin was chosen. You post this Tuesday. Are we going to get another email with new plans/changes?

I know I know, not my idea....

I had some awesome things planned on some VERY challenging routes but was over ruled. It is now out of my hands..

F

FrgMstr

Generally this in Austin:
Dyno Day
Scavenger Hunt / Drive in Movie Day
Obstacle Drive / No Hot Lap Day

Instead of this in San Antonio:
Dyno Day
Three Sisters Run (most awesome)
AutoX Day

hou99gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Mike, thank you for the informative response, I appreciate it! :2tu:

Smokin' 2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You might be onto something here..... Don't lodge a complaint - the movie will be fun! I'll bring enough PopSecret Movie Theater Butter for both of us!

As long as you bring the rabbit, salt and extra butter I'm in!:D Do you have any plaid 1973 lawn chairs? Who needs to drive when you have popcorn action!:headbang:

FastZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You posted this after the fact which means you have way too much free time! Dude, no more complaints about being too busy, you need to come to some track weekends!

Alright, I'll admit it, I voted anyway.

We're shut down today because the weather. Too many tower hands frozen to the towers.... Wimps!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang