3751 Miles

FLOORIN04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Took my son for ice cream tonight.So we are about 200 yds from home and I noticed light color dust almost smoke coming from ac vents and stinks to high heaven.And a lound screething noise starts.Then smokes starting to come out of the vents and side of hood.So I pull in the driveway and turn it off.I grab my son and get him out of the car and pop the hood.Everything that was black is now white and the motor is covered with oily substance.Look down and the power stering metal line is covered and front of motor.I started car back up to move into garage and backed it in no noise and no smoke.Let run and passanger side on the steering rack where line is it is shooting out between line and fitting.
So I turn car off and notice oil all over windsheild.
Everything under the hood on passanger side looks like white substance all over it.That will not clean off.(looks like when propane freezes when disconecting and not shut off)Hood has [******] all over at the vents and hood pad.I am assuming the pump was making the noise.
I need a tech close to gettysburg Pa that will help.I am sure this is covered under warranty .But what will they fix or replace.The hood pad and all is white colored on the passanger side.What a freaking mess...:down:
If anyone could help me on how to handle this or had this problem.
Thanks
Jamie

OP
OP
F

FLOORIN04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well went out today and looked closer at car.Looks like it is the radiator leaking and the fan is blowing it back all over the engine.Started the car and it started leaking under side of car and air box is soaked so is everything else in the fan area.(Hope the back order is over)

http://www4.forum.viperclub.org/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB21&Number=562043&Forum=UBB21&Words=radiator&Match=Entire%20Phrase&Searchpage=3&Limit=25&Old=allposts&Main=561334&Search=true#Post562043

TCKTPLZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very sorry to hear about this. Especially when you very rarely use the car (3751 miles) and take care of it as well as you do. I am not entirely sure, but that white substance could be dried coolant. I recently went for a coolant flush and the viper tech who did it was a bit sloppy and got some excess coolant on the tank, cap, etc. It dries into a white powdery film and is a bit tough to come off. I do suppose that getting it on the hoodpad will make it even more of pain to get off due to the porus and fibery material that the hoodpad is made of.

This definitely *****, but it could be a nice oppurtunity to get one of those custom painted hoodpads from R&J Ron. A while back I remember they were out of stock (manufacturer backorder) but I do think they have come in stock recently. Hopefully they are in stock. If not, and if worst comes to worst, perhaps you should trade up to the real Viper. The fastest and most exotic Viper ever produced---the Final Edition GTS.

OP
OP
F

FLOORIN04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jaimee,were you able to get a hold of Calvin?

Yes being picked up this morning.Great to deal with so far.

I would also like to thank you and Chuck for your time.Chuck thanks for heads up on the part number that I may need.And stay cool in the garage if thats possible

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I would also like to thank you and Chuck for your time.Chuck thanks for heads up on the part number that I may need.And stay cool in the garage if thats possible

No problem at all, I wish there was more I could have done to help. You are in good hands with Calvin. Alyn, their Viper Tech, is more than competent.

OP
OP
F

FLOORIN04

Enthusiast
Reaction score

No problem at all, I wish there was more I could have done to help. You are in good hands with Calvin. Alyn, their Viper Tech, is more than competent.

Car was picked up at 11:00 on time.The guy who picked it gave me a card with his mobile # to call him if need or wanted to check on car.I call at 3:30 to check and see if they have had chance to pull it in and look at it.They already had it apart and parts ordered.The garage was over 1hr away without traffic.Should have back by the weekend.Again John and Chuck for advise and where to send the car.. :2tu:

OP
OP
F

FLOORIN04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very sorry to hear about this. Especially when you very rarely use the car (3751 miles) and take care of it as well as you do. I am not entirely sure, but that white substance could be dried coolant. I recently went for a coolant flush and the viper tech who did it was a bit sloppy and got some excess coolant on the tank, cap, etc. It dries into a white powdery film and is a bit tough to come off. I do suppose that getting it on the hoodpad will make it even more of pain to get off due to the porus and fibery material that the hoodpad is made of.

This definitely *****, but it could be a nice oppurtunity to get one of those custom painted hoodpads from R&J Ron. A while back I remember they were out of stock (manufacturer backorder) but I do think they have come in stock recently. Hopefully they are in stock. If not, and if worst comes to worst, perhaps you should trade up to the real Viper. The fastest and most exotic Viper ever produced---the Final Edition GTS.

Seems the white powder was dried coolant.Good call :2tu:

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think your car is trying to tell you to drive it more often and to drive it harder.

Let me know if you need me to drive it back up to you. :D

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is there any real reason to leave the hoodpad on the car except to quite is down a bit. Will the paint melt or blister if one removes it from the engine heat?