510 stroker

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would think it completely uneconomical to make the conversion unless your current build is very sick. The cost for engine in and out, hone, pistons, rings, crank.machining, rods etc etc is pretty high for just 22 cubic inches. Now, if you're building it up from scratch anyway. perhaps not a bad platform to start with. Good luck with it either way.

V10TT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would think by the time everything is said and done, and the "might as well since you are in there" (ie: heads, cam, rockers, damper, exhaust, etc.) plus labor it will turn out into a 20K turn key with 560-600 rwhp.

A stockish 510, is not worth it in my opinion. Balls to the wall, or nothing.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Extra cubes are near meaningless on these engines when talking much less than 50 [roughly 10%]. The only reason these mildly larger displacement engines exist is because wear dictates that overbores and offset grinds be done in order to save parts from the trash can.

Build something strong with high quality parts, and don't worry about cubes. Why overbore or grind when you don't have to- you will just hate yourself later if you NEED that material, whether it be for total strength or because of a subsequent failure.

Last edited:

02 F.E. TT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What V10TT said. I love my 510 stroker, of course whats not to like if you add all the goodies and a TT.

Reaction score
Extra cubes are near meaningless on these engines when talking much less than 50 [roughly 10%]. The only reason these mildly larger displacement engines exist is because wear dictates that overbores and offset grinds be done in order to save parts from the trash can.

Build something strong with high quality parts, and don't worry about cubes. Why overbore or grind when you don't have to- you will just hate yourself later if you NEED that material, whether it be for total strength or because of a subsequent failure.

This.

Spend the money on moving more air (heads/cam), not weakening parts.

FastMatt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This.

Spend the money on moving more air (heads/cam), not weakening parts.

I'm with him, do heads/cams. You cant get much more fun then a heads/cam Viper even with stock CID. Big power on pump gas and they run for ever. Later if yo want more add a blower.

Then some day if you want even more or if somthing brakes THEN do a stroker.