547r's

need4spd

Viper Owner
Reaction score
547r\'s

hey, does anyone have the hre 547r's mounted on their car yet? i would like to see some pics if you do. thanks, kyle

SnakeAv8r

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Re: 547r\'s

here is a couple. pm me if you want more.
You must be registered for see images

Gerald Levin

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Man, SnakeAv8r, either you are great at photoshopping your car's finish to look wet and deep or you have one hell of a great finish on your car. Looks great and the 547's aint too shabby either!

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Nice pics SnakeAv8r. Are you having any problems opening or closing your hood with those monster tires? I just noticed my 19's have caused a crack to form on the fender/hood lip that rubs on the tire. Guess I should have been more religious about turning my wheels before opening or closing.

BlackVenom

Viper Owner
Reaction score

SnakeAv8r,

What size tires did you buy and is your car lowered? I am looking at a similar setup for my car, but I am not sure about wheel sizes.

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score

SnakeAv8r, that has to be one of my favorite looking Vipers. Very classy setup.

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score

No flame just a different opinion. I think the wheels are too open. The rotors are too small in relationship to the wheels. As a result, they look like bicycle wheels. I also think the wheels look too big for the car design. To me it detracts from the overall look of the VIPER. In addition, I believe the performance and ride quality is negatively affected. The increased wheel weight and the wheel mass being further out from the center of rotation is not a good thing. I'd bet that lateral gs and launch traction are decreased also due to shorter side walls which also makes for a harsher ride and increases the potential for wheel damage. Specific to the 547s I think the spoke design is too delicate for a VIPER. I don't like the split spoke design on the SRT-10 either for the same reason. Add in the big $$$s for larger wheels and tires and I don't get the cost benefit result. Over 18" wheels and I don't think bigger equates to better. To me it starts to look like a BIG FOOT TRUCK. I think there are better ways to individualize your VIPER and at the same time IMPROVE performance. One thing would be a big brake kit for instance...less $$$s and big time performance and safety improvement and improved looks. However, if you like it that is all that matters. To each their own.

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score

No flame just a different opinion. I think the wheels are too open. The rotors are too small in relationship to the wheels. As a result, they look like bicycle wheeels. I also think the wheels look too big for the car design. To me it detracts from the overall look of the VIPER. In addition, I believe the performane and ride quality is negatively affected. The increased wheel weight and the wheel mass being further out from the center of rotation is not a good thing. I'd bet that lateral gs and launch traction are decreased also due to shorter side walls which also makes for a harsher ride and increases the potential for wheel damage. Specific to the 547s I think the spoke design is too delicate for a VIPER. I don't like the split spoke design on the SRT-10 either for the same reason. Add in the big $$$s for larger wheels and tires and I don't get the cost benefit result. Over 18" wheels and I don't think bigger equates to better. To me it starts to look like a BIG FOOT TRUCK. I think there are better ways to individualize your VIPER and at the same time IMPROVE performance. One thing would be a big brake kit for instance...less $$$s and big time performance and safety improvement and improved looks. However, if you like it that is all that matters. To each their own.

Riiiiiight! Are you on crack? That car looks GREAT!

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score

No flame just a different opinion. I think the wheels are too open. The rotors are too small in relationship to the wheels. As a result, they look like bicycle wheeels. I also think the wheels look too big for the car design. To me it detracts from the overall look of the VIPER. In addition, I believe the performane and ride quality is negatively affected. The increased wheel weight and the wheel mass being further out from the center of rotation is not a good thing. I'd bet that lateral gs and launch traction are decreased also due to shorter side walls which also makes for a harsher ride and increases the potential for wheel damage. Specific to the 547s I think the spoke design is too delicate for a VIPER. I don't like the split spoke design on the SRT-10 either for the same reason. Add in the big $$$s for larger wheels and tires and I don't get the cost benefit result. Over 18" wheels and I don't think bigger equates to better. To me it starts to look like a BIG FOOT TRUCK. I think there are better ways to individualize your VIPER and at the same time IMPROVE performance. One thing would be a big brake kit for instance...less $$$s and big time performance and safety improvement and improved looks. However, if you like it that is all that matters. To each their own.

I guess you have a different opinion which you are entitled to express. We can discuss whether or not I use crack at Pappa's next Saturday.

SnakeAv8r

Viper Owner
Reaction score

My cars finish is a combination of my DV cameras ability (weak) and favorable lighting conditions. I do like to tell myself that my car is just a paint job away from flawless. Plus it's black (the fastest color) so it would look hot even if I set it up to look like devildogs car ;) . Tire size is 275 30 20 and 345 25 20(rears are tough to come by) and I have not lowered it yet. I just bought a enclosed car trailer and I need to mod the ramp before I lower it. I MUST turn my wheels to open the hood, that bites Ronnie. Thanks for the nice comments. need4speed, is that what you were looking for? There is a guy who has 847rs now, perhaps he'll see this and post a pic of those. By far a better looking wheel and easier to clean I bet too.

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I guess you have a different opinion which you are intitled to express. We can discuss whether or not I use crack at Pappa's next Saturday.

LOL I'll be there! Bring me some! ;)

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score

I guess you have a different opinion which you are entitled to express. We can discuss whether or not I use crack at Pappa's next Saturday.

LOL I'll be there! Bring me some! ;)

See ya there! ;)

OP
OP
N

need4spd

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Big Carrot, i agree, DEVILDOG must be on crack! SnakeAv8r, that's exactly what i was looking for. thanks a bunch! i think the 847's do look a bit better, too. but your 547r's are still badasp! i'm thinking of running 19's on the front and 20's in the rear. that way i can still open the hood without having to turn the wheels. i've heard that 19's with the pirelli p-zero's don't require the wheels having to be turned. are your's pirelli's? also, i know of a guy who just ordered a set of 847's (20's) for his car, but has not got the wheels yet. can't wait to see what those look like either. thanks again, kyle

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score

Big Carrot, i agree, DEVILDOG must be on crack! SnakeAv8r, that's exactly what i was looking for. thanks a bunch! i think the 847's do look a bit better, too. but your 547r's are still badasp! i'm thinking of running 19's on the front and 20's in the rear. that way i can still open the hood without having to turn the wheels. i've heard that 19's with the pirelli p-zero's don't require the wheels having to be turned. are your's pirelli's? also, i know of a guy who just ordered a set of 847's (20's) for his car, but has not got the wheels yet. can't wait to see what those look like either. thanks again, kyle

WRONG! If I was on crack I'd buy those big wheels and ruin the performance and looks of my VIPER! :D Why don't you just go ahead and get some of those 28" truck wheels? I'm sure you'll look even better and improve your performance even more...bigger is better...right? :rolleyes:

Jerry Dobson

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I do like the wheels but it does make the rotors appear smaller.

If you ever race your car in Viper Days they will want to inspect your wheels after each session. HRE's are classified as Show Wheels and not race wheels. They have had a few of them break. Others have posted that HRE will not warranty a broken wheel from the race track. (You can't get the race slick off the rim once it breaks)

With the 20" wheels, it affects the gear ratio. I think a 373 gear would be a nice fit with 20's.

SnakeAv8r

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I just like the look of the wheels. I have my stock wheels waiting for some track experience in the HRE boxes. I would like to think I'll race it some day but I'm a stay at home dad that lives on an Island... it won't happen in reality. I like washing, polishing, staring at my car and an occasional jaunt around the island. I set up my car for me, although most people like it, it's just for me. When I can afford it I'll buy the big brakes but until then I'll have to stare at my tiny eradispeeds. BTW I put a stereo system in my car most will not like either, but when I'm listening to Vivaldi and cruising as the sun sets... my life seems perfect as does my car. (except for some rock chips)

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score

DEVILDOG... you gave the H man several thousand dollars to make your car look like a supra and you think I'm the one on crack?

Get off the crack for awhile so you can see my car. My setup is the VIPER GT2 LE MANS setup. Are you saying that the official factory racing Viper looks like a Supra? I think big performance ruining wheels look like rice. :D

OP
OP
N

need4spd

Viper Owner
Reaction score

SnakeAv8r, never mind DEVILDOG! are those 13" eradispeeds with the factory caliper? please tell me they're not 14"! what size would you like to run when you save up the money?

BADVENOM

Enthusiast
Reaction score

are those 13" eradispeeds with the factory caliper? please tell me they're not 14"!

What's the matter...don't like the bicycle wheel look? :p

Forget about the Devildoo :confused: , he's probably got a corn shoved too far up his cooley to say anything nice to anyone. I have have the same set up, HRE547's with eradispeeds and like them just fine thank you very much.

Adam

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Daamn, daaaaamn!!!!!!!!! You guy's are out of control :D :D And all this over some little wheels..................................................................................... :usa:

beckertb

Viper Owner
Reaction score

SnakeAv8r,

I think your car looks great. Most importantly, YOU think it looks great, and really, that's all that matters. 90% of the people LOVE what I've done to my car. 10% of the people (mainly people on this board) don't care for it. Ironically, I don't mind. Actually, I'm somewhat thankful, as I won't see that many other cars set up the same. Dare to be brave. Dare to be unique. You only live once......satisfy yourself.

Happy motoring,

Ben

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score

are those 13" eradispeeds with the factory caliper? please tell me they're not 14"!

What's the matter...don't like the bicycle wheel look? :p

Forget about the Devildoo :confused: , he's probably got a corn shoved too far up his cooley to say anything nice to anyone. I have have the same set up, HRE547's with eradispeeds and like them just fine thank you very much.

Adam

It's amazing to me how many stupid people there are in the world. You don't have the same setup...you have 18" not 20". You also do not have Rs. Keep your *** lifestyle to yourself.
:eek:

OP
OP
N

need4spd

Viper Owner
Reaction score

DEVILDOG, who pissed in your cheerios this morning? lighten up! i do agree that it makes the rotors look smaller, but i never said that bothered me. the looks of the wheels outweigh any of the negatives. please post your crap on another thread!

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score

DEVILDOG, who pissed in your cheerios this morning? lighten up! i do agree that it makes the rotors look smaller, but i never said that bothered me. the looks of the wheels outweigh any of the negatives. please post your crap on another thread!

No flame just a different opinion...........However, if you like it that is all that matters. To each their own. Sorry, I thought everyone has the right to express their own opinion. If you like piss on your Cherrios that's fine too...personally the thought never occured to me...but like I say...if you like it that is all that matters...to each their own. BTW, I think I'll post where I want. :usa:

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score

Hey Devildoo, I see by your profile your a day trader. What is it you trade BJ'S.lol

I asked you to keep your *** lifestyle to yourself. Can't you think about something else? Why don't you move to San Francisco maybe you'll have better luck relieving your homosexual frustrations. Like I say to each their own. :ooo: