697 to the wheels with just a paxton!!!!

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
air fuel looks to be around 12.5 from 4000rpm and up...almost 13 from 5500 rpm up. Anyone else think that might running it a bit lean?

***** that you missed the 700 mark by 3 hp hahaha..... good numbers anyway:2tu:

GONABITE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
http://www.mustangmods.com/ims/u/2552/8602/236755.pdf

Big thanks to Doug Levin Motorsports for the bigger aftercooler and pump. The car lost only 4 rwhp btw runs on the dyno. I'm just blown away by the numbers.

With all these Big numbers that these Paxtons are laying out why is it we don"t have a single car with a Paxton only running in the low 10's? With those numbers you would expect a high 9 second pass. Not to steal anyones thunder but all these Paxtons seem to be is bragging rights for RWHP not actual performance. To me it seems that if all your concerned with is a big RWHP number then the Paxton is the way to go, but if your wanting actual perfomance then either head and cam, turbo or wait for the Roe twin screw. Again just an observation and by no means a slam to any Paxton owner.

prevnine11ownr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think you can get a nice ET with a paxton...But you have to get the car to hook which can cost a little bit. Traction seems to be the biggest problem... I have had a paxton on mine for 2 years...99% of races happen from a roll. Thats where the Paxton rocks.

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With all these Big numbers that these Paxtons are laying out why is it we don"t have a single car with a Paxton only running in the low 10's? With those numbers you would expect a high 9 second pass. Not to steal anyones thunder but all these Paxtons seem to be is bragging rights for RWHP not actual performance. To me it seems that if all your concerned with is a big RWHP number then the Paxton is the way to go, but if your wanting actual perfomance then either head and cam, turbo or wait for the Roe twin screw. Again just an observation and by no means a slam to any Paxton owner.

i don't take it as a slam....I just look at it as another guy who doesn't know what he is talking about.:smirk:

It's hard to put power like that to the ground with out breaking stuff...I've broken enough parts and it's not worth the trouble anymore to me....I think you will see some nice times out of paxton equiped cars this summer.

GONABITE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i don't take it as a slam....I just look at it as another guy who doesn't know what he is talking about.:smirk:

It's hard to put power like that to the ground with out breaking stuff...I've broken enough parts and it's not worth the trouble anymore to me....I think you will see some nice times out of paxton equiped cars this summer.

No your talking out of turn.. for me I have owned a previous viper with a blower that put 612 RWHP down and I ran a 10.37 at 132 mph so don't tell me I don't know what I'm talking about. These Paxtons don't make enough power in the right areas.:nono: Maybe your the one who needs an education in this department.

Kenneth Krieger

Viper Owner
Reaction score
OUCH......getting a little testy with this hp thing are we? It is about putting the power to the ground.....I don't care if you're making 600 or 700hp.....if you can't get it to the track your screwed anyway.......AND.....it's really about the torque, not the hp.

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
air fuel looks to be around 12.5 from 4000rpm and up...almost 13 from 5500 rpm up. Anyone else think that might running it a bit lean?

***** that you missed the 700 mark by 3 hp hahaha..... good numbers anyway:2tu:

do you have the small or bigger disc in the fuel unit. That seems very, very lean for a boosted car. I dont think you want to be much over 12.0 at 5500 and up.

I actuallly made more peak Hp when I first dynod, but it was doing same as yours, shooting real lean at the end. Thats a quick way to toast your motor.

When they tuned it, I got more midrange, usable power and it was made much safer, I see low to mid 11's on a real hot day and high 11's-12.2 on a cold 50-60 degree day. And I mix a little 100 octane with my 91 just to be safe. So I lost some peak power, but its safe.

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No your talking out of turn.. for me I have owned a previous viper with a blower that put 612 RWHP down and I ran a 10.37 at 132 mph so don't tell me I don't know what I'm talking about. These Paxtons don't make enough power in the right areas.:nono: Maybe your the one who needs an education in this department.

....:omg: you're right I was talking out of turn...I'm sorry how could I have ever thought to speak to you in this manner......I really didn't mean to offened you. I truely am sorry.:(

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
....:omg: you're right I was talking out of turn...I'm sorry how could I have ever thought to speak to you in this manner......I really didn't mean to offened you. I truely am sorry.:(

NO I'M NOT! Based on my observation of your observations, I'd advise you to just keep on observing and try to post less...not that you post that much anyway....less would really be better.

You say these paxtons don't make that much power in the right areas..What areas? Just about every dyno graph I have seen puts them at 500+ ftlb torque by 2500 rpm and they always put out a lot of HP.

Talking about Roe vs Paxton, I fully expect a Roe(if they ever come out) equipped GEN III to out quarter mile a Paxton equipped GENIII. The argument isn't which is better at running the quarter mile...they do have a low end torque advantage.

You're statement was that these "paxton" cars simply can't do it and lack the performance of the roe equipped vipers or heads and cam vipers. I say you are wrong

HERE is a graph of two similarly modded vipers : GENII with a roe, full exhaust,tune(probably similar to your 10.37 set up) and a GEN III with a paxton,exhaust,tune. With the same driver I would expect that paxton car to trounce the Roe car.

You will be seeing paxton vipers getting deep into the tens this year.

it's now your turn...do you have a rubuttal or do you want to take the advice I gave you earlier and leave it at that?:greatday:there...now it's a little more PC for ya:D

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

ANIL8-U

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did just order a **** kit to be safe, I have driven the car hard for the last 1K and no issues. I will take it to the track ASAP after I get my SSR's installed with DR's.:)

Reaction score
Yes. I think it is a bit lean.

On our dyno it made less RWHP and the A/F was nowhere near that lean. This could be the difference between dynos again, operators, calibrations, or "faults"? in equipment.

Just so this is clear for my part we do not let cars leave anywhere but in the "safe" side of a tune even if it means less of a number on the sheet.

end of rant...:eater:

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On our dyno it made less RWHP and the A/F was nowhere near that lean. This could be the difference between dynos again, operators, calibrations, or "faults"? in equipment.

Just so this is clear for my part we do not let cars leave anywhere but in the "safe" side of a tune even if it means less of a number on the sheet.

end of rant...:eater:

Hi Mark. I assumed that. I thought that his post indicated that he had some "tuning" done after the car left Woodhouse.

BLWNGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

HAHAHA.. here we go. Another damn keyboard warrior!! Are you a tuner?!?! an avid racer?!?! I think you should.... sshhhhhhhhh :shhh2:

The paxtons with the right tune make more than enough power in the right area. Its putting it to the ground that is the problem. Most guys that have paxtons are not die hard 1/4 mile racers. They are also mostly on the Gen 3's. They are the freeway killers. The Roe is a great blower that is pushed to the limits from the stock 6psi pulley. Increasing the psi from there is showing you so much heat that you are not seeing a huge power increase. As for seeing a Roe on a Gen 3?!?!? don't hold your breath. The hood that you would have to put on would look like **** to fit it on the engine and there would STILL be no intercooler. And the water **** is a "bandaid" that should never be tuned on a car....

and please don't tell me I am talking out of turn.... I am a Roe dealer and tuner that has been working on cars for 15 plus years and has installed and tuned many... thanks :rolleyes:

OP
OP
A

ANIL8-U

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Mark. I assumed that. I thought that his post indicated that he had some "tuning" done after the car left Woodhouse.

Mark does great work, car runs its ass off with no problems! I'm just going to add the **** kit but leave everything else the same.

Here in KS we only have 91 at the pump :(

GONABITE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HAHAHA.. here we go. Another damn keyboard warrior!! Are you a tuner?!?! an avid racer?!?! I think you should.... sshhhhhhhhh :shhh2:

The paxtons with the right tune make more than enough power in the right area. Its putting it to the ground that is the problem. Most guys that have paxtons are not die hard 1/4 mile racers. They are also mostly on the Gen 3's. They are the freeway killers. The Roe is a great blower that is pushed to the limits from the stock 6psi pulley. Increasing the psi from there is showing you so much heat that you are not seeing a huge power increase. As for seeing a Roe on a Gen 3?!?!? don't hold your breath. The hood that you would have to put on would look like **** to fit it on the engine and there would STILL be no intercooler. And the water **** is a "bandaid" that should never be tuned on a car....

and please don't tell me I am talking out of turn.... I am a Roe dealer and tuner that has been working on cars for 15 plus years and has installed and tuned many... thanks :rolleyes:

Tuner? No. Not my occupation. Have tuned plenty of cars, do my own work. Avid racer. Road courses and 1/4 mile again not my occupation but plentyof miles in the seat.

You seroiusly think an 08 hood won't look good with a Roe blower under it? Thats interesting many people seem to be buying and installing these hoods on there cars already.

Freeway killers. Yeah thats where I want to show my power. Take it to a road course or a 1/4 mile. As far as getting power to the ground I have seen more than one paxton pulling 1.50's and 1.60's 60 foot times so the power is getting to the ground the car the paxton just can't pull it down the track very quick.

As far as paxtons getting deep into the 10's , not without internal engine mods and heads.

And far from a keyboard warrior I will meet you at any track and we can chew all the racing we can chew.

My whole point which many seem to be missing is these big numbers are exactly that just numbers they don't back the car up. If anyone here thinks that 11.3's is acceptable for a car making 650 to 700 RWHP then they don't know much at all about these cars and there capablities. I know of an 08 with exhaust mods only that just turned 10.8's, that car isn't even making 600 RWHP so someone tell me the logic.

GONABITE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
NO I'M NOT! Based on my observation of your observations, I'd advise you to just keep on observing and try to post less...not that you post that much anyway....less would really be better.

You say these paxtons don't make that much power in the right areas..What areas? Just about every dyno graph I have seen puts them at 500+ ftlb torque by 2500 rpm and they always put out a lot of HP.

Talking about Roe vs Paxton, I fully expect a Roe(if they ever come out) equipped GEN III to out quarter mile a Paxton equipped GENIII. The argument isn't which is better at running the quarter mile...they do have a low end torque advantage.

You're statement was that these "paxton" cars simply can't do it and lack the performance of the roe equipped vipers or heads and cam vipers. I say you are wrong

HERE is a graph of two similarly modded vipers : GENII with a roe, full exhaust,tune(probably similar to your 10.37 set up) and a GEN III with a paxton,exhaust,tune. With the same driver I would expect that paxton car to trounce the Roe car.

You will be seeing paxton vipers getting deep into the tens this year.

it's now your turn...do you have a rubuttal or do you want to take the advice I gave you earlier and leave it at that?
As you said you would expect it to trounce the Roe. Me too my point exactly thank you for making it. Thats the problem I have not seent one report of one Paxton only with exhaust in the 10's. I wish that they did produce those numbers I would have one on my car.

As far as your rude in innappropriate jestures. I think that a little more maturity would be expected of someone on this forum.

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As you said you would expect it to trounce the Roe. Me too my point exactly thank you for making it. Thats the problem I have not seent one report of one Paxton only with exhaust in the 10's. I wish that they did produce those numbers I would have one on my car.

As far as your rude in innappropriate jestures. I think that a little more maturity would be expected of someone on this forum.

I didn't make your point I showed you a dyno graph that tells you a lack of power isn't the problem. You haven't seen paxtons in the tens? Where have you been? Use the search feature or even google and you will find paxton vipers in the tens. Here is a freebee. Besides it took slicks for you get your ten second timeslips....How many Gen III paxton cars or GEN III's period, have you heard of running slick?

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd rather not put slicks on my Viper. I didn't build the car for the drag strip, I have other cars for that. I really, really hate drag racing an independent rear axle car that can't hang the front wheels in the air into 2nd gear. It gets boring launching like a wussbag.

99% of my races in the Viper are from a roll, on chance encounters. It pulls very hard with the Paxton.

BLWNGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tuner? No. Not my occupation. Have tuned plenty of cars, do my own work. Avid racer. Road courses and 1/4 mile again not my occupation but plentyof miles in the seat..

Not my occupation either....

You seroiusly think an 08 hood won't look good with a Roe blower under it? Thats interesting many people seem to be buying and installing these hoods on there cars already.

You SERIOUSLY know what you are talking about?!?! NO...
Do you think that putting an 08 hood on will allow a blower?!? People are buying them for the cooling factor and looks. Where have you seen that it will fit a blower under it?!?! uhh... NOWHERE.
It is the placement of our engine in the gen 3's. It is higher and will not allow a root or autorotor that would work.....yet. Roe has been trying for years and the new I Charger is running into the same problem.

Freeway killers. Yeah thats where I want to show my power. Take it to a road course or a 1/4 mile. As far as getting power to the ground I have seen more than one paxton pulling 1.50's and 1.60's 60 foot times so the power is getting to the ground the car the paxton just can't pull it down the track very quick.

As far as paxtons getting deep into the 10's , not without internal engine mods and heads.

And far from a keyboard warrior I will meet you at any track and we can chew all the racing we can chew.

You can show the power wherever you want... but personally i don't feel like driving around on slicks... have you seen a Roe at the track with no intercooler?!?! It has NO intercooler so you get a ton of heat soak on the second lap. most high NA cars will take it from there..... but since you know so much... I am telling you nothing you don't already know.. :rolleyes:

BACK TO THE THREAD>>> Great numbers... but be careful... you are runnin on the border and if it gets cold... :eek:

GONABITE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not my occupation either....

You SERIOUSLY know what you are talking about?!?! NO...
Do you think that putting an 08 hood on will allow a blower?!? People are buying them for the cooling factor and looks. Where have you seen that it will fit a blower under it?!?! uhh... NOWHERE.
It is the placement of our engine in the gen 3's. It is higher and will not allow a root or autorotor that would work.....yet. Roe has been trying for years and the new I Charger is running into the same problem.

You can show the power wherever you want... but personally i don't feel like driving around on slicks... have you seen a Roe at the track with no intercooler?!?! It has NO intercooler so you get a ton of heat soak on the second lap. most high NA cars will take it from there..... but since you know so much... I am telling you nothing you don't already know.. :rolleyes:

BACK TO THE THREAD>>> Great numbers... but be careful... you are runnin on the border and if it gets cold... :eek:

Yes. There is more clearance with an 08 hood.

Yes. My Roe equipped with no intercooler. Had it around Watkins Glen dozens of times no problems.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Drag racing a Viper is ******* the car.

Have you switched to a Quaife yet or upgraded the 1/2 shafts?

Dan

Ray W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If someone will provide a truck and trailer I will put on my slicks and give you the 10 sec. pass you are looking for. I will only get one pass because Moroso is so strict. Maybe Brooks could get us a track day and I will run my 2008 too. 2004 srt/10 Woodhouse installed blower and no other mods not even exhaust.

JohnnyBravo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've had both the Roe and the Paxton on my GTS. With the Roe, the car made 630/675 and ran a best (with me driving) of 10.98 at 130 and with Joe Donovan driving (on a different day with a slightly different wheel/tire combo) it went 10.43 @ 137. That was pretty much as fast as that thing was going to go, even with an incredible driver.

I've been to the track ONCE with my new Paxton setup. My first full pass was a 10.1 @ 143 leaving the line nicely and taking my time shifting.

I have every intention of putting this car in the 9's on pump gas.

The Roe was a decent bang for the buck at the time. However, if I knew then what I know now, I would have gone straight to the Paxton. A properly tuned Paxton should destroy a Roe. My car made 962/914 on a cool day in North Carolina on 93 octane. On crappy 91 octane with less timing on a warmer day here in Kansas it still made 912/884. No Roe can touch those numbers.

The fastest Roe car on the entire planet is owned and driven by Tony Armour. With a built motor, heads, cam, slicks/skinnies, and an incredible driver, it has gone 143 mph. But that's the exception to the rule. No other Roe car has EVER broken 140 mph as far as I know. So 143 mph is the fastest Roe car in the world with an amazing driver under ideal conditions. My Paxton did that with me driving on its very first trip to the track.

My Paxton car feels like a Roe on steroids. It's making over 500 lb/ft of torque from 2000 rpms up and never comes back down under about 750 lb/ft. The area under the curve is HUGE. Plus it makes almost 300 more rwhp.

I used to buy into the whole "the Roe makes better low end torque, but a Paxton makes good power up top" line of thinking.........until I got my Paxton. The car makes the same bottom end power but it NEVER falls off on the big end. It just keeps pulling harder and harder.