697 to the wheels with just a paxton!!!!

JohnnyBravo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
and YOUR built motor and tony's i believe are pretty similar.

That's correct. They're pretty close.

With a Roe on a stock motor, you're not going to see much more than 650 rwhp without heads/cam and you're not going to run over 137 mph or so. Not even that much with an average driver.

With a Paxton even on a stock motor, they can make 850 rwhp or more even if you never touch the heads or cam.

One Roe with all the goodies has gone 143 mph once with an excellent driver. My car with a Paxton went 143 on its first pass down the strip. Another UGR Paxton build went 140 on a stock motor with nothing but heads on drag radials.

I think it's more common to see Paxton cars over 140 mph than it is to see Roe cars over 140 mph.

And I think you're going to see a handful of Paxtons in the 9's, whereas there is only one Roe in the 9's and it's maxed out with everything you can do to it.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
One of our local guys went 9.48 at 148 mph at Mopars at the strip this March. The car had been modded for big slicks, skinnies and a had 3 speed auto trans. The Paxton was making 15 lbs of boost at about 5500 rpm (peak power) and I believe it was water / **** injected. Bottom end was built but the heads were Stage three ported / polished stockers (not Strykers). RWHP was about 900 ish.

Tuning was done by DC Performance.

NHRA delcared it the worlds fastest street legal Viper. Not sure whether that is correct or not.

It was fun to watch it run.

Dan

JohnnyBravo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let me change my post to say that as of tonight, my car went

9.98 @144 mph.

That was with a weak 1.59 60'. I cut a 1.47 on the next pass, but the car spun a little and I lifted, resulting in a 10.015 @ 144. Should have been a 9.8 or better.

Stock suspension, stock transmission, stock halfshafts.

I love the Paxton.

JohnnyBravo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
didnt UGR go 9.28 in a paxton for the record ?

and way to go johnnyBravo

Thanks, Phil.

Yes. Underground Racing built a car for BLOWNGTS that went 9.75, they built a car for 2MANYTOYS that went a 9.27, and then they built an SRT-10 with an auto that went 9.0 a few weeks ago at Atco.

I think they have the records for fastest 6-speed blower car AND the fastest automatic blower car.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbone96