722 rwhp 753tq holy s.... thanks sean roe s.c

Vipermed 97.01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
completed install of roe sc yesterday,WOW. Nice cool morning conditions were great but didnt expect quite these #s,that aside the instant power created is, did i say WOW,this is a pretty modified 01 as follows, cast pistons removed for ashtrays,very aggressive cam profile, heads ported/polished,2.02 int.1.6 exh,triple springs,5 angle valve job,milled.040, 1.7 T&Ds and no its not a solid lifter cam,e.m.s cone induction system,70mm T.Bs, edelbrock headers, dynomax catless exhaust and last but not least sean my new best friend roe supercharger,very easy install thanks to some great engineering,no fabricating or modifications needed,amasing something as simple as headers by some major co. been building for years still need modifying to fit , this technical piece fits like a glove, some minor detonation at first easily fine tuned out,HATS OFF TO SEAN !!!!!!!!!!!! oh yea did i forget to say WOW

96 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like you're getting good results with your set-up. I hope you really got rid of the detonation problem because IMHO detonation is never minor; it's an engine killer. Enjoy your car.

Jason Heffner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First of all, those are some awesome numbers,but,you seem to have left a few things out. I'm not trying to throw any flame but lets not mislead anyone here. There is no way you made that kind of power with the stock fuel lines and pump which the kit is designed for. Obviously you must have installed some dished pistons also because with the heads milled .040 you would have over 10.0 to 1 compression which wouldn't work too well with pump gas. Is that the 5 psi pulley? Come on, tell us the whole story. Once again, I'm not trying to take away any credit or throw any flame. Sean is a great guy and makes a great product but if it's that easy to make a reliable, streetable pump gas car make that kind of power, then I stand corrected.

Lee Dove

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Excellent!
BURNOUT.gif
BURNOUT.gif
BURNOUT.gif
BURNOUT.gif
wink.gif

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats! And I am also anxious to hear about your fuel/tuning mods and which pulley you're running. My guess is the 5 lb pulley would probably only make 3 psi or so with your heads. More info please!!

Chuck B 98 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Something just doesn't seem right to me either with the mods you listed
dunno.gif
. Not to take away from your nice dyno numbers or Sean's talent, but to say it was an easy bolt on is far from my expectations. If your engine has shaved heads and higher compression how can it not detonate to make over 700 rwhp? Is that with pump gas or race gas? A high compression engine with a supercharger won't live very long.

Chuck B.

LTHL VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Solid numbers! I am interested in hearing if you are running on pump gas or have to use race gas. As noted above, usually most try to slightly lower compression on a motor that is supercharged as opposed to raising it over 10.0:1. What type of boost are you running and how much tuning was necessary, especially with that super aggressive cam? That's one mean ride!

Enjoy!!
Thanks.
-Wayne

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I can answer some of the questions you guys asked because I asked them myself.

First, the SC system is the same as what everyone else is getting and has the standard pulley size. The large Autorotor blower in the kit pumps a lot of CFM. The only smaller pulleys made are sitting on the shelf waiting to be coupled with a better engine management system.

Second, the fuel system. This car has the stock fuel line with a larger volume / pressure in tank pump. They used the fuel injectors in the kit, which are plenty capable of this HP. I know of other tuner cars making about the same power with either the stock fuel line, larger pump and injectors, or 20% smaller injectors, larger fuel line and higher pressure (right guys
wink.gif
). So Vipermed's # work out with what he did.

The car has the stock PCM and our VEC1 (we did not get an MSD timing box to send him yet). Realistically, it should make more power once it gets a more tuneable engine management system (this is the main focus of my work right now).

I don't know what static compression ratio their engine has, but keep in mind that the profile of the camshaft greatly affects the actual combustion chamber pressure. If the engine has a higher compression ratio, that doesn't mean that it will necessarily have higher cylinder pressures (that's what it's all about, not so much the static compression ratio). They do have a custom cam in it and it sounds like the person who spec'd it did a good job at not getting too much cylinder pressure.

I also don't know what fuel they used, but would not be surprised to hear they used a race gas as a safety margin to help prevent detonation.

Otherwise, I'd like to find out what the engine made before the SC. It would be interesting to see the if the gain is still within the standard 25-30% range.

Sean

PS.
Good job Vipermed. I'm glad to hear that buying someone's spot paid off.
smile.gif

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vipermed 97,01,

I have a similar set up to yourself. My Roe SC just arrived yesterday and will be installed early this coming week. Please email me with any details you can to [email protected]

Thanks
Steve

Looks to me like the ROE Superchargers are going to be a force to be reckoned with!

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I just noticed, the engine details are in his signature. The exception is the stroker part and the nitrous. He told me they had 3 cars with almost the same setup on each.

Sean

MichaelP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jason Heffner:
First of all, those are some awesome numbers,but,you seem to have left a few things out. I'm not trying to throw any flame but lets not mislead anyone here. There is no way you made that kind of power with the stock fuel lines and pump which the kit is designed for. Obviously you must have installed some dished pistons also because with the heads milled .040 you would have over 10.0 to 1 compression which wouldn't work too well with pump gas. Is that the 5 psi pulley? Come on, tell us the whole story. Once again, I'm not trying to take away any credit or throw any flame. Sean is a great guy and makes a great product but if it's that easy to make a reliable, streetable pump gas car make that kind of power, then I stand corrected.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

OP
OP
V

Vipermed 97.01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
well now i remember why i walked away from this board 2 years ago, everybody either trying to sell a product or cut down someone elses, almost sounds like election time politics, for THE person that said if it were that EASY!, well sorry to say your right it wasnt easy,these motors were originally built without a supercharger future, so hindsight i would probably do things a little different,having said that, seans SC was optimal for my application because of the low boost,everybody said "give info,want to here #s, well here they are i have apsolutely nothing to gain by boasting high #s, seems like some people have something to loose by hearing them, i do thank the few sincere attaboys,so you want facts ,as i did have a concern about compression and detonation i used c-16/116 octane fuel my cam #s as follows ,intake304 duration 614 lift,exhaust314,612 based on 1.7s,lobe separation 114 duration @.050intake 240 exhaust 246 lobe lift I-.360 E-.359 and yes there are risks with this, if i wanted risk free i would drive a PT cruiser,also this has a very strong bluprinted bottom end,and no they are not dished pistons, sure would hate to be around when you do throw flame Mr there "IS NO WAY YOU MADE THAT KIND OF POWER"i might loose the sale of a system, oh and by the way im not trying to throw any flame,i think that ive shared a fair amt of info and if 2+2=5, then maybe it was all a dream,please for the love of God do not awake me,talk to you again in two years or until i get my next SC, maybe i can dream up some better #S oh yeah almost forgot i have a high volume pump with self adjusting regulator,HAPPY TUNING

Marc Lublin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vipermed,
I think you are a little off the mark. My questions are only because I'm thinking of going forced induction after many years of NA. Also seeing a graph shows plenty and somehow proves what is written a little bit. About sharing a fair amount of info, what's the deal? I thought we are all hear to help each other out. If you have a system that works and you are not a tuner trying to sell a product why wouldn't you give all the specs? I have made mistakes along the way as everyone has and don't want to on my next purchase so what gives? You throw up some great #'s and the natural response for others that want to do the same is to ask you about how you did it. I don't really see the harm in asking. The board has been a great source of info and I believe continues to be when we all post real live experiences.

utahviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those are some awesome #'s. I am glad to here that sean is working on a fuel/computer system that will allow these HP #'s. I am going to buy a Roe SC when there are more of you guys out there with these kinds of setups. Great job sean!

Vipermad, are you going to run only 116 or are you going to make modifications so you can run pump gas. Can you run one of those MSD boxes that retards timing? I have no problem running 100 octane in my car because I can buy that from about 5 different places within 10 miles but 116 is a little harder to find at the pump. Are you going to turn up the boost? Keep us informed of your progress!

I love to here news like that!

TX WHOS YOUR DADDY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
VIPERMED97,01 CONGRATS ON YOUR NUMBERS!THERES ANOTHER 30 TO 50 R.W.H.P. ONCE THE TIMING AND FUEL MANAGEMENT ADJUSTMENTS ARE DIALED IN.
supergrin.gif
bounce.gif

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vipermed, you're being way too thin-skinned here. Jason wasn't knocking Sean or his product and in fact stated as much. He was just making comments and asking questions about the rest of your setup, and he was right on both counts (that the numbers weren't produced on pump gas or with the stock fuel system). That's no knock on you or Sean--the numbers are still great, especially with such low boost. You are apparently the first Roe s/c customer to crest 700 rwhp, and that's awesome with any setup! This shows that the blower is capable of moving enough air to make some serious power, and I can't wait to see what it does on a heads/cam setup designed more for a blower like Edmonton GTS's will be (lower compression), with higher boost. Congrats again, and keep us posted as your tuning efforts continue.

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Once someone gets a 750-800 rwhp Roe car running good, we need to all chip in and fly SW to wherever it is to make a few passes. I'd love to see a Roe s/c car in the 9's!
smile.gif

Jason Heffner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vipermed, Do you think that maybe you are flying off the hanlde a little bit here? At no time did I ever say that you didn't make that much power or that you coulcn't. I was simply expressing my opinion based on years of tuning experience that you must have upgraded your fuel system and or were running race fuel, that's all. I was not knocking your car or Seans system. I just think it's a little misleading not to say that you're running leaded race fuel if you are. The fact that Seans system can make that kind of power makes me very excited being that I am a dealer for his products. Next time you may want to read my entire post and try to understand it before flipping out again.

OP
OP
V

Vipermed 97.01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sorry if i "misled anybody" or for "flipping out". talk about thin skinned,anyone on this board that knows me or has had their work done by me or is familiar with my cars knows that i dont just shoot from the hip.I promise next time i post on this board i will cross all my T's and dot all my I's and be a good infomative listener and poster(is that a word). And my wife said those anger management classes didnt work,goodnight johnboy.--
hail[1].gif
sarcblink.gif

Vip-RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went up to see Vipermed today since my car is at his shop. We discussed the S/C Viper and even showed me the dyno #'s. The car was on a lift and I was able to see the car from below. I don't know why people on the board discredit true and honest people, but it may be because some people are afraid of losing possible business. I looked over the car and EVERYTHING Vipermed said is true. I have seen the car from when it was stripped to the final result, so I can confirm his mods and what he left stock. I have nothing to gain or lose from this so he took me for a ride. All I have to say is WOW! It is crazy! It almost sounds like an F50 under the overpasses.

As a bolt-on system that Sean Roe created, it is marvelous! For the price and the gain, it is a great alternative to other systems and mods.

Marc Lublin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really just wanted to see the graph and where the power came on. That isn't top secret is it? I don't think anyone doubted his mods, just actaully wanted to know all the details.

TOOOFST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tuner's (if anyone)have the right to question Viper brothers and sisters with spectacular HP gains.This keeps board members honest.In this case VIPERMED came across very honest and generously listing the happy results of time and money.Looks like he didn't mention the race gas,fuel issue(a given to us gearheads) which most want to know.
Congrats VIPERMED,can't wait to hear some bigkill posts
yesnod.gif

Vip-RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>
i did have a concern about compression and detonation i used c-16/116 octane fuel
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The fuel issue was addressed by vipermed. He did share all the info.

HP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome power, cool lists of mods! Unusual combinations!
I think all of us like to see a power platform taken to its upper limits. As a project experiment to showcase what can be done,you succeeded; viewing this as a practical prototype for
everyday street use, or as a showcase for % power gain from
a S/C application - is where the confusion created hostility.
There has been overwhelming interests, and comparisons, in the early completed Roe kits, but to view this application in that
manner, is probably out of line. A 540 stroker with the mods
listed would probably in the 625 to 650rwhp, without the
S/C kit. The S/C kit here, is just another power adder, and not meant to represent a low cost, stand alone, power
package. If the Octane requirement was listed in the original
post, it would have helped cut down the confusion.

OP
OP
V

Vipermed 97.01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you are very correct in what you say accept for the fact this is not a stroker, my 97 is a stroker,but other than that,well said,best reguards,Scott

Amir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on the numbers. So you are saying this is on your '01? Have you taken the cast pistons out and replaced them with forged pistons? Thanks.

Jason Heffner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viprt10, nobody is trying to discredit anyone here. I am definitely not afraid of losing any business, so we can stop thinking that now. In his origional post there was no mention of race fuel or a fuel system upgrade. Being that not everyone on here is as knowledgeable as Vipermed, don't you think that some people could be misled into thinking that this power was made on pump gas? That's all we need is everyone milling thier heads when they install superchargers and blowing up engines left and right.