Kenne Bell 2.8H Upgrade

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Did it arrive Ted??????

Not yet. Expect that it'll sit in customs for awhile before they allow it to go through. You know, "Might be a Terrorist Bomb" so it needs to sit in a warehouse so that the Gov can justify raising every cost of living, like mail, shipping and fuel costs - same as your Gov I suppose.

Ted

LittleVinnie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BOTTLEFED,

Whats the reason for the pokes ?
Do you need to see my resume ?

Im just trying to help................
Actually I am a SCT dealer/tuner
ASE Certified Master Mechanic
Own 3 shops
23 years of experience building & tuning cars

Vince

Last edited:

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BOTTLEFED,

Whats the reason for the pokes ?
Do you need to see my resume ?

Im just trying to help................
Actually I am a SCT dealer/tuner
ASE Certified Master Mechanic
Own 3 shops
23 years of experience building & tuning cars

Vince

Ever get to Alabama? I would mind seeing if the SCT could work on my Roe :2tu:

LittleVinnie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Being a Tuner with many years of tuning experience,
I am 100% confident the SCT will work just fine on your ROE kit.
When I said I have no experience with the Roe kit, its exactly that.

However, I do have experience with tuning N/A vipers with SCT
and I do have lots of experience with KB chargers on both intercooled and non intercooled cars, trucks, even boats.
I just didnt want to come over to your forum talking smack and putting people on the defensive, as it looks like I have .

BOTTLEFED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Being a Tuner with many years of tuning experience,
I am 100% confident the SCT will work just fine on your ROE kit.
When I said I have no experience with the Roe kit, its exactly that.

However, I do have experience with tuning N/A vipers with SCT
and I do have lots of experience with KB chargers on both intercooled and non intercooled cars, trucks, even boats.
I just didnt want to come over to your forum talking smack and putting people on the defensive, as it looks like I have .
You are the only one on the defensive
I'm just questioning some of your assumptions
:eater:

LittleVinnie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BOTTLEFED,
Its all good,
I was responding to the little personal poke you threw out at me.

EllowViper,
If you need some help later shoot me a PM.
Or anyone else for that matter.

Vince

OP
OP
E

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the offer Vince! Once this things gets glued back together, the tuning is going to be my biggest concern since I think with the cam and all, a SCT will need to be part of the equation. Man I'm itching to get back on the road...but still no rods and these cars don't go too far without rods. Regardless, I would think one of the tuner would have figured a boosted GEN II SCT tune out at this point. If not, there must be some real tough RPM and Load tables to work through given all the vacuum vs boost vs RPM vs load offsets. I just don't have the time/patience to head down this path personally right now. I am usually more than willing (Like Bottlefed) to go it alone on some of this, but figuring out the SCT in a boosted application is just too time consuming for me right now. But being the cheap-ass that I am, I really don't want to pay a tuner to try and figure it out on my dime either. Been there done that in another life. More than willing to pay for proven & hard earned intellectual capital, but I don't think anyone is there yet. You could BE THE MAN if you can get there first. Willing to work with you on this in the near future and see what the outcomes can be. We are anxious to get this SCT thing figured out for ROE applications. I'm really sensitive about the tuning on this set-up..and once I get back on the road , I think I'm at the point that the VEC cannot support the tuning needs (unless proven otherwise).... and I'll be broke, single, and living out of a box if I gernade this thing again.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ellow...I was on the phone with Greg Good earlier. Do you need to reach him still? Call his shop phone. I can PM it to you if you don't have it.

OP
OP
E

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nope. All set. Prefer not to bother Greg with my Q&As. Let him support paying customers..LOL. Really though, he'd bend over backwards for about anyone so I'll save that call for a later date.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Update is that I did recieve the AEM I bought from BAZ.

BAZ did get an SCT tune on his 2.4L (747rwhp I think) from DC Performance.

Macedo Motorsports was working on a 2.8L instal and tune a 2.8L on a custom GTS.

Ted

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi