800 RWHP on stock fuel system..... CPE TT

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello all!

I would like to take this opportunity to share some of the data from the AEM datalogging we have done on John D'Amico's 1997 Gen 2 DIY twin turbo Viper GTS.

I recently put a little bigger turbo on the car with the new air intake system and intercooler setup.

I initially did some AEM datalogging while John D'Amico was driving to monitor the air-fuel ratios with basically the same tune the car had on it before the upgrade.

Rogue GTS, Bill, has done the datalogging this last week while I have been driving.

We basically upped the boost very incrementally and monitored the air to fuel ratios and the car still had enough fuel at almost 10 PSI where we had the boost cut set.

We were confident the car would have enough fuel to run that boost and decided to bring it to the Sound Performance dyno day yesterday and were pleased to put down 796 RWHP and 782 RWTQ on the stock fuel system stock motor, throttle bodies and heads. The only thing this car has on it is my turbo system, T&D's and a boost-a-pump and AEM.

It took about 5 pulls on the dyno to not hit the boost cut since the boost controller solenoid duty cycle was set for 10.0:1 air to fuel ratios.

The car made 735 RWHP on 10.5:1 at 8.5 PSI

When we leaned it out a smidge, it was hitting the 10 PSI boost cut almost instantly.

So, on the 6th run when the car was definitely not as cool as I would have liked, we pulled the #'s you see on the dyno graph.

644796_RWHP_D_Amico.jpg

OP
OP
P

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
awesome :2tu:
What is the rwhp when the boost is limited to (?) for cast piston cars.

Mr Hemi Head, With how conservatively this car is tuned,
I think the 800 RWHP# with C-16 with cast pistons would be safe as I remember reading about some Macedo car with a roe and nitrous making 800 RWHP on cast pistons.

Also a slightly larger turbo than what was on the car would make the same power at lower boost. This would make the fuel pressure drop with the boost climbing to a minimum.

Plum, I datalogged a ton of stuff that would convince you these are safe #'s on the stock fuel system. Please feel free to call me @ 630-878-3907 if you have any questions.

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is good to see someone finally proving the limits of the stock fuel system on a TT!

I've hit it on SC cars but always wondered about TT's.

In theory, 800-825 should be possible w/ a stock fuel system b/c you don't lose that power that drives the SC.

On a ROE, it takes about 80-100rwhp to spin the blower. On a paxton, it takes about 160-200rwhp.

Those are some sick #'s !! nice job!!!

JD

martyb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can attest this CPE TT runs very well! The looks and performance of Paolo's system is amazing. My little Gen 1 Roe car went home with it's tail between its legs.

Awesome work Paolo!

martyb

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stock injectors?

How much fuel pressure do you bump it up to?

Or do you mean with the stock pump?

Earl_H

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paolo,

Congrats...Side question: do you ead boost thru the AEM or Boost Controller. If you are using an alternate source, have you noticed that the AEM reads about 1.5lbs less than boost controller/guage?

OP
OP
P

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paolo,

Congrats...Side question: do you ead boost thru the AEM or Boost Controller. If you are using an alternate source, have you noticed that the AEM reads about 1.5lbs less than boost controller/guage?

Earl, I am using the AEM and am pulling the boost reading off the back of the intake manifold.

Are you measuring your readings from the exact same source with two different gauges and getting different readings?

TOOOFST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well done you litte TNUC.
I'll have to come out to see this one.
Hey Joe, can Paolo give me a ride when yours is done,
I know it'll cure my constipation.

KepRght

Enthusiast
Reaction score
does that dyno even go over 800? looks like you may need a dyno upgrade when you upgrade the car further. lol

JGK95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paolo,

That Dyno looks Terrific!! Over 700 RWTQ!! at 5900 RPM!!

That thing pulls harder than the Energizer Bunny on Steroids!

:laugh:

These results are no surprise as your TT setup makes for Maximum Airflow and Velocity. Additionally, the CPE TT upgrade path to big power DOES NOT require a tear down to get higher RWHP/RWTQ POWER; instead is a MODULAR TT Setup with room for more!

Its a beautiful thing,

Congrats again,

Jay K.

ROGUE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That car is about as good as it gets for an overall package. 800rw *cough* pump gas *cough* daily driver, runs cooler than a stock car by a good margin, and has sent more than a couple sport bikes home with a bewildered thought about what just happened.

Truthfully that car is very very conservative at this point. 900rw is not out of the question with a little more tuning depending on what the fuel system is up for.

:2tu:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Qdog