911 4s or viper

HyperViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
C7 Lol

My guess is you won't buy anything. Just keep your mustang? that is what you should be driving.

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just watched the viper on jaylenos garage again and forget the porsche the viper just looks so cool now lol.

I think it's more about emotion than logic, at this level of car. If you are drawn to a Viper, 911, C7 or M6, the one that grips your soul is the one you should get. There is no choice for me but the Viper. Halle Berry laying naked on the beach :headbang:

OP
OP
S

SRTviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yup. Comparing apples to oranges.

Not really. The viper is becoming a GT car now. Hence the ferrari decked out interior, adjustable shocks, rear view camera, etc... The c7 and porsche are not apples to orange. The fact is simple. The budget is x amount and all cars below x amount are fair game. The question is which is better for a 99% street driven car. Would I buy a 1000 hp shelby 1000 when a 2013 gt500 is more than enough for the street. No I wouldn't. The viper has more than enough power and luxury. The key which then determines the purchase is ride quality and refinement. Which can only be felt by driving the car. Obviously a turbo S wins in all of this requirements compared to the viper but the turbo S is too expensive.

Also the future c7zr1 is a DIRECT comparison and competitor to the viper. The viper TA was made just to beat the ZR1. That was its whole purpose.

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've owned them all. The corvette actually makes a great daily driver (with the obvious exception to traveling in snow) The Viper can technically be used daily but its much much less realistic given the manual tranny and great attention it gets...its a modern day hot rod. I read an articlein the latest issue of the Viper Magazine wherein a poll was conducted about frequency of use among all generations and the average owner puts about 2,000 miles on the car annually. If you check inventory on exotic dealers websites, dupont registry etc you willfind that consistency with some exceptions. M6 would be fun esp in a drop top. Porsche look is a dime a dozen but performance wise and reliability wise its really up there. German engineering is pretty strong. I hear the beamer sinks like a tank in value if that is a consideration. The corvette gas mileage is incredible but I've had some strange and frustrating grounding and electronics issues with the Last two GM vehicles the vette being one and the Hummer being the other. Its mass produced by machines tens of thousands of times annually. There's what 700-800 hand made snakes this Year? The latter is far more special. Really depends on what your objective is. If its to drive something daily that is sporty yet reliable and high performance but realistic than the snake is not the choice imo. Then again this is from someone who daily drives a Maserati so do whatever pleases u!! LOL

OP
OP
S

SRTviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've owned them all. The corvette actually makes a great daily driver (with the obvious exception to traveling in snow) The Viper can technically be used daily but its much much less realistic given the manual tranny and great attention it gets...its a modern day hot rod. I read an articlein the latest issue of the Viper Magazine wherein a poll was conducted about frequency of use among all generations and the average owner puts about 2,000 miles on the car annually. If you check inventory on exotic dealers websites, dupont registry etc you willfind that consistency with some exceptions. M6 would be fun esp in a drop top. Porsche look is a dime a dozen but performance wise and reliability wise its really up there. German engineering is pretty strong. I hear the beamer sinks like a tank in value if that is a consideration. The corvette gas mileage is incredible but I've had some strange and frustrating grounding and electronics issues with the Last two GM vehicles the vette being one and the Hummer being the other. Its mass produced by machines tens of thousands of times annually. There's what 700-800 hand made snakes this Year? The latter is far more special. Really depends on what your objective is. If its to drive something daily that is sporty yet reliable and high performance but realistic than the snake is not the choice imo. Then again this is from someone who daily drives a Maserati so do whatever pleases u!! LOL

Why wouldn't you DD a maserati? Respect to you. Well like I said earlier the car will only be driven on weekends. But I just don't want an annoying car again that isn't comfortable because then regardless of how little I drive it, it will annoy me every time I get in it unless I'm only driving it once a year lol. I think if a dealer just let me test drive one then I could decide or if someone took me for a ride in one.

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Take it from an OWNER. This car is not uncomfortable!!! I dont know how that got started. Apparently the CEO drove cross country to do an episode of Jay Leno's garage and wanted seating comfort changed....its changed. The actual production car is a pleasure to drive and in fact, the interior/cockpit is one of the best components of the car! If you want an incredible weekend toy, than this IS exactly the car for that!!

Just wear pants! My first run was in shorts and there's some heat on the sill on slide over becuase the side exhaust pipes run really hot and can still burn u!! Since u cant test drive the car at most places you will need to check it out at a cars & coffee some place.

HyperViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How old are you??? Is your Mommy stopping you from buying a car? or you can't get financing?

Not trying to hate dude, just hard to believe your decision making process that's all.

Why wouldn't you DD a maserati? Respect to you. Well like I said earlier the car will only be driven on weekends. But I just don't want an annoying car again that isn't comfortable because then regardless of how little I drive it, it will annoy me every time I get in it unless I'm only driving it once a year lol. I think if a dealer just let me test drive one then I could decide or if someone took me for a ride in one.

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
haha. well we were all dreamers at some point to be fair. The Viper debuted when I started high school and I've wanted one for 20+ years since then. Finally able to afford it and its my first of more to come hopefully.

But if you don't own a house yet, u should buy that first. ESP if you don't own a house with a garage. Cars all depreciate (trust me even exotics) so it really isn't economically sound unless and until you are in a financial/economic position to afford a six figure toy that rolls out on weekends.

Also, if you need to finance it, you cant afford the car, sorry. And if you cant put a thousand bucks annually in anticipated services costs or maintenance(oil, filter, brake flush, tires etc) than you cant afford a supercar either. Not saying these items apply to u personally, just stating my opinion in generalizations to supercar ownership candidates generally.

OP
OP
S

SRTviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How old are you??? Is your Mommy stopping you from buying a car? or you can't get financing?

Not trying to hate dude, just hard to believe your decision making process that's all.[/QUOTE

If mommy or daddy was buying the car I wouldn't care really then and I would just get it and sell it if I didn't like it not ask all these questions. I am just trying to see if the viper is the best car for me. I like performance but I am willing to sacrifice a little performance for more luxury after my current car. 2nd If I were to finance this car it would maybe like 40k worth given how I will put a huge down payment on it. So relax and just stay out of the thread. I saw a 17 year old with a super snake it happens get over it.

Also I am just really annoyed with the shelby that every bump I go over if I didn't have a seatbelt on I am going thru the roof

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

SRTviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
haha. well we were all dreamers at some point to be fair. The Viper debuted when I started high school and I've wanted one for 20+ years since then. Finally able to afford it and its my first of more to come hopefully.

But if you don't own a house yet, u should buy that first. ESP if you don't own a house with a garage. Cars all depreciate (trust me even exotics) so it really isn't economically sound unless and until you are in a financial/economic position to afford a six figure toy that rolls out on weekends.

Also, if you need to finance it, you cant afford the car, sorry. And if you cant put a thousand bucks annually in anticipated services costs or maintenance(oil, filter, brake flush, tires etc) than you cant afford a supercar either. Not saying these items apply to u personally, just stating my opinion in generalizations to supercar ownership candidates generally.

I currently am in a condo. When this new condo building is built near my work I am moving there which is when I will get this car because I will have a personal parking spot. Plus I get service plans so I don't have to worry about paying for crap every oil change. Also I will finance some of it because unless I am a millionaire I will never have the balls to drop over 100k on ANY car. 50k financing is nothing. Don't worry my priorities are in the right place lol. I wouldn't buy anything that I couldn't afford comfortably. I think if I can afford to put 13k in mods on my shelby I will be ok on viper service lol. Hell the first thing I will do with the viper is put HREs on it.

Plus I don't agree with the if u can't buy it u can't afford it. My father makes 2mill a year and still will finance cars.

Last edited:

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guess it depends on the interest rate. If you're making more interest on investments than the interest rate on the loan, it makes sense. Otherwise, there's no great deduction (unlike the mortgage interest tax deduction) to get any tax advantage. When leasing through your business you can write off most of the payment too if its use is related to the business. There's no one path. Just the one that works for you. Maybe daddy wallbucks should just buy u the Porsche and the viper?! :)

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You really don't want to leave a $140k viper in a personal parking spot. It deserves a garage.

I currently am in a condo. When this new condo building is built near my work I am moving there which is when I will get this car because I will have a personal parking spot. Plus I get service plans so I don't have to worry about paying for crap every oil change. Also I will finance some of it because unless I am a millionaire I will never have the balls to drop over 100k on ANY car. 50k financing is nothing. Don't worry my priorities are in the right place lol. I wouldn't buy anything that I couldn't afford comfortably. I think if I can afford to put 13k in mods on my shelby I will be ok on viper service lol. Hell the first thing I will do with the viper is put HREs on it.

Plus I don't agree with the if u can't buy it u can't afford it. My father makes 2mill a year and still will finance cars.

OP
OP
S

SRTviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guess it depends on the interest rate. If you're making more interest on investments than the interest rate on the loan, it makes sense. Otherwise, there's no great deduction (unlike the mortgage interest tax deduction) to get any tax advantage. When leasing through your business you can write off most of the payment too if its use is related to the business. There's no one path. Just the one that works for you. Maybe daddy wallbucks should just buy u the Porsche and the viper?! :)[/QUOTE

Ha I wish he would. Problem solved!!

OP
OP
S

SRTviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You really don't want to leave a $140k viper in a personal parking spot. It deserves a garage.

Why? It won't be near anyone else's car. Or I could leave it in my spot in my work garage which will have even less people and if anyone dinged my car they know I would hunt them down. Lol. Plus both garages are not open to the public you need a key card to get in.

OP
OP
S

SRTviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have to agree

**** you all would be so mad then at my neighbor when I lived at home with the parents he had 2 458s, a California, gaillardia, and Maserati out on his driveway rain or shine and not in the garage. Well sometimes he had 1 in but 3 of them would be outside

Hey if I could put the viper in my bed room like some condos in Dubai and shanghai I would lol

Voice of Reason

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Policy Limits, we must be about the same age. I remember the Viper debuting when I was in high school too. It's been my dream car since then.

I financed mine and I'm not ashamed of that. At 2.14% it's damn near free money. And I figured up the interest I'll pay on this car is less than the interest I paid on a new 01 Trans Am convertible back in '01 when my good interest rate was 8%! They're giving away car loans these days, it makes no sense to pay cash. Besides our daily drivers are already paid for with lots of life left in them.

My wife put it to me this way. Would it bother me if we both financed a couple 50k cars and paid for the Viper cash? I said no. So she asked me why I was all worried about financing just the Viper. I couldn't come up with a good reason after that.

Besides, there's no financial justification in the world that makes buying this car any sense. All of us should be investing the money in something else. Do what you want that fits within your budget and long term goals and enjoy life!

Bruce H.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think if you're going to wait to compare it to the new ZR1 it may push your 2 year purchase target date another year down the road. The Vette will have the magnetic suspension that you really want to give better comfort, the ceramic brakes you feel a car of this nature should have, same kind of outragous power that you like, a DCT, etc, etc. All that should also be available on the new Z06 maybe in 2 years. Of course by then the Viper will probably have been upgraded in all of those areas, making driving a 2013/14 now not very relevant, other than in a very general way. And if you're interested in the ZR1 you may be pleasantly surprised if you found even the base Stingray offers everything that you need...plus feel it offers everything it should for the price charged!

But 2 years from now there will be all kinds of other new offerings to compare and test, and many more coming out if you wait just a bit longer...possibly even a Gen 6 Viper. Being OCD is a *****...but you're in good company here:omg:

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
like I said, there's no one path, just the one that works for you. Personally if I lease or finance I don't like knowing that I don't really own the car, but again that's just me. My title will be mailed within 8 weeks with no lienholders on it and I like that better for me. Also not a fan of a lease company knit picking mileage, wear, etc. For me it comes down to full ownership and control. In this economy interest rates are low on auto loans but interest rates on investments are also low so I cant justify borrowing when liquid funds are available. I also find it much easier to transfer titles every 24 months or so when I get bored and need to get more toys rather than getting a payoff figure from a lender. Toys are so fun, and variety is the spice of life. Live the dream as it suits you....but definitely live that dream!!!!!:headbang:

OP
OP
S

SRTviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think if you're going to wait to compare it to the new ZR1 it may push your 2 year purchase target date another year down the road. The Vette will have the magnetic suspension that you really want to give better comfort, the ceramic brakes you feel a car of this nature should have, same kind of outragous power that you like, a DCT, etc, etc. All that should also be available on the new Z06 maybe in 2 years. Of course by then the Viper will probably have been upgraded in all of those areas, making driving a 2013/14 now not very relevant, other than in a very general way. And if you're interested in the ZR1 you may be pleasantly surprised if you found even the base Stingray offers everything that you need...plus feel it offers everything it should for the price charged!

But 2 years from now there will be all kinds of other new offerings to compare and test, and many more coming out if you wait just a bit longer...possibly even a Gen 6 Viper. Being OCD is a *****...but you're in good company here:omg:

Lol good points. Well the vette will never have DCT at least but that would be nice!! Well if the viper comes up to spec that would be nice but the vette lacks in a few things as well. Number 1 is paint quality. Viper wins. Number 2 is interior. I'd have to spend 20k to caravaggio to get the interior better than the viper. Number 3 is that giant ass clamshell hood. The vette has a wimpy baby one. The hood on the viper is my favorite thing about the car. And also the vette will never have 640 N/A hp and I am a big fan of the N/A hp.

Plus the viper isn't based on a cheaper car where no one will be able to tell the difference and the viper looks nicer and just always been an exotic while the vette still is not considered one.

Bruce H.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol good points. Well the vette will never have DCT at least but that would be nice!! Well if the viper comes up to spec that would be nice but the vette lacks in a few things as well. Number 1 is paint quality. Viper wins. Number 2 is interior. I'd have to spend 20k to caravaggio to get the interior better than the viper. Number 3 is that giant ass clamshell hood. The vette has a wimpy baby one. The hood on the viper is my favorite thing about the car. And also the vette will never have 640 N/A hp and I am a big fan of the N/A hp.

Plus the viper isn't based on a cheaper car where no one will be able to tell the difference and the viper looks nicer and just always been an exotic while the vette still is not considered one.

So why did you say you would have to compare the new Vette before choosing a Viper, or maybe that was someone else.

OP
OP
S

SRTviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So why did you say you would have to compare the new Vette before choosing a Viper, or maybe that was someone else.

I mean I still want to compare it. GM may surprise us all and do something crazy. I mean they are benchmarking it with the mclaren , old zr1, turbo s, 458, and r8. So who knows? I'm basically sold on the viper. Something crazy would have to happen like SRT raising the price 20k like nissan did with the GTR or the new corvette is just so amazing you can't say no to it unless your a die hard brand fan.

OP
OP
S

SRTviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nothing against the OP. But it seemed like he ducked answering how old he was. Then I remembered this youtube video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxQOYn5kKV8

Do I really need to answer that? Does it really matter even? The type of person who asks that question is the one who wants to attack someone because they are young. Who gives a f***. Their are younger people who will be richer than you and there are much younger people who will be richer than me in my entire lifetime. It happens. Don't focus on such insignificant details in your life.

dester243

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What you answer or don't answer is up to you. The video just popped up on a FB feed and it seemed like it would lighten the mood in here over the age thing. Sheesh. Calm down.

Baked

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've had a Gen II GTS for about 8 years. I bought a 911 TT and kept it for one summer and sold it. The porsche is a great car, but when you get in the viper you can't stop from smilling. Can't say the 911 turbo ever had the feeling or personality to make me feel the same way as I do with the viper.

commandomatt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SRT Viper......Enough already. You have started a bunch of threads just asking essentially the same questions. Asking for opinions and some real life feedback from owners.

When no one seems interested in your thread any longer, you then start another one, asking the same things over and over again.

Truly, action speaks louder than words. You have literally got 100's of responses to your questions.

Now go away, drive some cars and make a decision.

Let us know when you actually decided and are driving the vehicle that won your approval.

Seems like that may be a few years from now though...since you are throwing the C7 in there as a possible.

Matt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang