96 GTS Blue/White Stripe Stats

sun diego

Enthusiast
Reaction score
#1069. A bit over 20K miles. I bought it 7 years ago with 7K. I have run it at Sebring, Mid Ohio, VIR, Texas World Speedway, Willow Springs, Buttonwillow and probably a few others with Viper days. It has done hundreds of drag strip passes as well.

Exotic engines did the engine. Stoptechs. It's my buddy.

Burt G

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Chris, I've got #0482 with 12K mi (Any info you may have please PM) Thanks! Burt

GTS Rich

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Chris, mine is 0035. Just rolled 13k miles. Is there a way to figure out build number / month with this data?

JHill9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think you got mine from the ad when I bought mine earlier this year. Tomorrow I will grab the last 4#s and post them up for you just in case.

coupe

Viper Owner
Reaction score
RevHeat said:
cool. I have tons of pics of your car and old adds for it. Was a San Antonio car originally.

Yes, it was a San Antonio car...after originally being from Michigan. :D

Got the stuff. Thanks Chris! :2tu:

Mopar488

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine was 0778. as far as I knew it was clean at that time. PM me if you find otherwise or posst if clean. Thanks.

T.J.H.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
just checkin to see if u got the email I sent you regarding 0217. If not P.M. me and Ill send u the story. Thanks T.J. someone may want to know someday

onemile

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My ex - '96 was #0502. I did import it from US (2 owners, both well known forum mebers here) to EU in 04.2009. Engine was heavily modified, otherwise mostly stock. Unfortunately it was crashed during trackday 09.2009, while someone else was driving. The person who crashed is now 4'th owner and it is being rebuilt as racecar for endurance racing. Should do its first race this summer. There was too much damage and it didn't make sense to restore as street car.

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Mine was #0141

I still have the spare tire cover, it was signed by everyone at the assembly plant, including Bob Lutz. If anyone knows where this car is, I would be happy to give this to the owner.

OP
OP
R

RevHeat

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just bought 0030 should be here in a few weeks

Shoot me your email via pm and I will send you my 96 GTS document.

Dan, I have nothing on 141, its been sleeping for the last 4 years since I started to collect data. Will let you know if I find it!

MADMAX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine was #0141

I still have the spare tire cover, it was signed by everyone at the assembly plant, including Bob Lutz. If anyone knows where this car is, I would be happy to give this to the owner.

"Me me me, I have #0141." :dunno:
Can you send me some new stick-on vin plates too ending in #0141. :lmao: "NO???"
Sorry chaps, English sense of humor failure. :eater:

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Chris,

Mine is 0110. Do you have any information on it? I bought it from the original owner, so I am the second owner. When I called Chuck Tator to have him look the VIN up for carfax and whatever information he could find, he told me it was a clean car history wise.

If you have any other information that would be cool though...

Thanks,
Anthony

Sorry that I never published these before, but as of May 2009, here are the stats that I have regarding 96 GTS'

Salvage 49
Lemon's 8
Involved in Accidents 101

One interesting note is that I found that 96's that were wrecked once had a high tendency to be involved in more then one accident.

If you do have or had a 96 GTS, it would be nice if you post the last four digits of your VIN as I might have some historical information on your viper in my database. Mine is #1064.

Chris

blackandblue01

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I had #0623, Sold it in Sept. of 2009 to a guy that lives in New Zealand. It now sleeps in wakamaru in a custom built garage to accomodate its needs.

OP
OP
R

RevHeat

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Slug - I have pics and the website saved from when it was for sale by Premier before you bought it if you want me to send them.

costanZo - I have nothing. Yours is a sleeper. Not a bad thing. :)

blackandblue01 - I just have the pics and websites saved for when it was for sale by Premier and Luxor and I belive your ebay ad.

Chris

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang