97 gts fluids and check

Sssssss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got my new to me gts at the end of last year and have enjoyed it a lot over the past months (2100 miles) and it seems to be a great car with no problematic signs. I'm going to do a full fluid change and check over the next few days as its going to be raining. I would appreciate all suggestions on things to inspect as I didn't have a viper tech to look at it before I bought it. With that being said this club/forum is one hell of an info source that I am proud to be a part of.

TIA

Sssssss or Mandus which ever is easier:rolleyes:

Also my owners manual conflicts some things I have found on here for my fluid specs clarification is appericated

OP
OP
S

Sssssss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been reading through these and am a little confused about the
Tranny fluid
And the
Transmission fluid
Which both differ from my owners manual (maybe a TSB I don't know about) thought these should be the same
Guess its just a noob question

Will check out what you suggested thanks

DrTaco

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey hey,

Just modify the following checklist into your own "pre-driving season" checklist, and cross off some of the things that don't apply anymore? Hopefully it will give you a thorough checkup. At very least, help you catch something going bad or just help you make a future mod list.

You must be registered for see images attach

As for fluids, you're gonna get so many opinions. I guess the only advice I can give is "search" each fluid one by one (oil, power steering, brake, etc) and read the opinions offered and make up your mind on what makes sense to you. I only use Mopar fluids in mine besides Mobil 1 0W-40.

Good luck and have fun on your rainy days!
Mark

P.S. Oh yeah, oil your door hinges

OP
OP
S

Sssssss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also I'm looking at putting a drain plug in the rear diff. has anyone else done this or does anyone recommend against this. Got the idea from the how to section.

Thanks
Mandus

OP
OP
S

Sssssss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One more thing I'm also going with mopar synthetic trans. lube to maybe remedy some of the NGR and was wondering if I need to do some kind of flush to the trans as it was filled with dextron III

Thanks again
Mandus

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960