997 GT3

AlvaSpeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is a guy with a brand new Porsche 997 GT3 that wants to race against my GTS.
From a stop and from a rolling start.
Is the new GT3 fast enough?

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes the new 997 GT3 is a very close match in performance for a stock Gen II Viper driven well.
With AWD he will likely get ahead from a standing start, and you might have an advantage running from a rolling start, but it will be close. :laugh:

crazyspeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, it depends which MY is your GTS. The new GT3 is 0-60mph in 4.0 sec..although the Porsche is not easy to launch for the inexperience driver.

crazyspeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes the new 997 GT3 is a very close match in performance for a stock Gen II Viper driven well.
With AWD he will likely get ahead from a standing start, and you might have an advantage running from a rolling start, but it will be close. :laugh:

er Snakester... GT3 not offered with AWD :bonker:

mad0953

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think you will win if you have more experience with your car than he has with his (you should if his is new to him). I say go for it, video it and post it here for all of us to see.

:2tu:

OP
OP
A

AlvaSpeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am not sure about the video but I will let you know how it went.
as far as I know he already went side by side with a Gallardo (from a rolling start) and then the Gallardo took him on the upper end.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960