A big thanks to Jason Heffner

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another Heffner twin-turbo was born last week, and I just wanted to say thanks to Jason and his crew for the quick turnaround, the great communication on what was going on, and of course most especially on the finished product. I remember well maybe 2 years ago when we were all going gaga over 800 rwhp blower cars, and the fact that 1,000+ rwhp/rwtq turbo cars are now not unusual is truly amazing. But what's really amazing is how they drive--if you haven't been in a turbo Viper, you owe it to yourself to find a way to hook up with a tuner or owner and go for a ride. I thought my 860 rwhp blower car was fast, and I guess by most reference points it was, but compared to what the car feels like now it was sloooow. :cool: The only thing I can compare the thrust to is a jet taking off, and the really scary thing is I have yet to flip the switch to high boost! :shocked: With the AEM the car idles and drives like a stocker around town, if not more smoothly--it is truly the best of all worlds. Thanks again to Jason and the gang at Heffner Performance!

Brad

Viper Owner
Reaction score
come on red..we need more info than that bro. Pis? Dyno numbers?

How bad is the turbo lag? Gas mileage now? etc??

OP
OP
R

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pictures?

Sure:

3508DSC00349-med.JPG

3508DSC00350-med.JPG

3508DSC00348-med.JPG

3508DSC00353-med.JPG

OP
OP
R

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
come on red..we need more info than that bro. Pis? Dyno numbers?

How bad is the turbo lag? Gas mileage now? etc??

Pics are above. I don't have the dyno sheet in front of me (I think my son took it to show his disbelieving friends) but the hp was a little under 1,000 at the wheels and the torque was around 1,050. It was tuned on about 10 gallons of 93 and 3-4 gallons of race gas, and once I get that run out I'm going to run straight race gas and may look into advancing the timing/boost some more. Although I have to say I've got a lot more power/torque than I can get to the ground already, even on "low boost." No turbo lag whatsoever. And the gas mileage I have no idea, but I'd stop at every other other station if that's what it took to enjoy the rush I get from this monster. :2tu:

OP
OP
R

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What all was done? Where are you located?

I'm in TN, and this was a conversion from Jason's centrifugal system to the TT's with no engine work. I also already had an adequate fuel system and AEM. Obviously if someone is having engine work done, a fuel system installed, etc. things would likely take a little longer.

NOMERCY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What all was done? Where are you located?

I'm in TN, and this was a conversion from Jason's centrifugal system to the TT's with no engine work. I also already had an adequate fuel system and AEM. Obviously if someone is having engine work done, a fuel system installed, etc. things would likely take a little longer.

Thanks!! :2tu: