a/c blower problems...any suggestions?

RED97GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you still hear the blower under light accel. You might just be experiencing a drop in vacuum that diverts the air. The system could use a vacuum reservoir.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ChipH:
Under moderate acceleration, my 97 GTS's a/c or vent blower motor quits blowing all together. If I lift, the motor begins blowing again.....Now, my check engine light came on, and the car is sluggish. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The former is NORMAL and the latter is probably not related at all. My bet on the latter------an old, tired battery, or misfiring wires/plugs.

Routine maintenance should include PITCHING the old battery before it weakens,dies (3 yrs?) .......and replacing plugs ($20) every 7K mi and wires ($79oe-$998.5mmHT) every 12-15K miles

ACR Joe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's the diverter door redirecting the air flow as a result of low vacuum during moderate throttle, low rpm operation. NORMAL!

Install a vacuum reservoir to (largely) negate.

luc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ACR Joe is correct.
I had the same problem on my 2000 GTS and installed a vaccum reservoir.

I got a brand new one from Jeep (about$7)that is about 4" by 5".
I find a neat place for it just under the windshield washer bottle, using the ground stud to secure it.
You just have to run the vaccum line from the intake to it and then connect the original vaccum line from the heater/AC to it.

Now I can be at WOT for a LONG,LONG time and the blower blow.
If you want the Part# for the vaccum canister, let me know.
And thanks ACR Joe for the tip.
Luc.

Reaction score
Luc or ACR Joe do you have a pic of the vacuum reservoir mod. I have only experienced this problem in 6th gear. It is annoying. I remember this being brought up at VOI-6 in the "Tech-Session". No action resulted from what I have seen.

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought that was the way they were designed, to cut off the AC/blower under acceleration. To give the power back to the car. That is what I have always believed about this. My RT-10 does the same thing.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4