A small taste.

ljpviper2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Drove the 96 GTS from Miami to Sebring to watch the historic race on Saturday. Great event ,will post some pics later on. Their was a competition coupe running in one of the classes.

Anyways, took a parade lap(5 laps around). You can get on it a little, when the cars seperate. I was able to get up to 110 on the back straight.Wow, the GTS feels like heaven on the track. You really see the potential and what these cars are built for. I have owned the car almost 10 years, this was a real treat. I think its time for some DE's event.

If anyone owns a Viper get it on a track, you wont be sorry.

RevHeat

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Not sure I would call that a taste, but maybe a small touch. Try to get to ViperDays next year. It will be a awesome experience.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper Days is at Sebring every year. In a stock Gen II you can get in the 145mph range.

SAFEMotorsports.com is also a regular Sebring club.

Roland L-Ocala FL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We went to Viper Days a couple of years ago at Sebring and some of the cars were hitting 155 mph in the long start finish straight (measured with a radar gun). It was a great experience just to watch the race, and the top two drivers ended with less than a 10th of a second apart from first to second place, quite a race and worth going to, even if all you do is watch 'em run!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960