AC O-RINGS

badasp2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where are the o rings located that usually fail on a gen1 ac system.

klamathpro

Viper Owner
Reaction score
On my 94', and also three other cars I've owned, it has always been the valve stem on the low pressure fill side, confirmed with a freon leak detector. In all four scenarios, I have nearly permanently fixed the problem without purging and refilling the freon. The trick is to take the cap that covers the fill port, buy a generic O-ring kit from the autoparts store, and insert a proper sized o-ring inside the cap. Recharge the system, then screw down the cap a little tighter than usual, and it will last for years between recharges. Use the $500 you saved on another upgrade.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I exchanged our 95 's high and low pressure valve stems in a "charged" (but not running) system without any problems ring went out. Fortunately, Viper Tech Tom Sessions came thru town, did ALL "O"using the Snap-On tool made for same...then upped R-134a charge a little more from a can and it lasted 3 more years...til "O" rings in system (condenser) started leaking. Fortunately, Viper Tech Tom Sessions came to town recently and changed ALL "O" rings, put on a new dryer (THANKS Mr. Tator !!!), and the A/C is so COLD that I can barely turn it on !!!