ACR market snap shot and car search request

robiferretti

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Looking to pick up a 2009 ACR. Trouble is I can not seem to find the one I want at the price I want. Ideally looking for white/black/red stripe for $72-$78k. Only one on the market seems to be the Naples car which they wont sell for less then $85k.

I've been eying the market for the last month or so and it seems 09's can be had for low 70's with any mileage. No mileage 09's can be had for $78k-$80k.

Anyone know of any non-ebay / cars.com cars for sale that I might be missing. Searched BJ Motors, Woodhouse, Chicago Motorcars, Roanoke, and haven't seen any of the color combos I'd like.

I figure there will be an influx of cars as soon as the 2013s drop which will probably allow me to save a few bucks, but that doesn't fix my current desire. Anyone know any owners waiting on 13s and looking to punch out a little early?

Thanks in advance for any help.

-Rob

ohlarikd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Looking to pick up a 2009 ACR. Trouble is I can not seem to find the one I want at the price I want. Ideally looking for white/black/red stripe for $72-$78k. Only one on the market seems to be the Naples car which they wont sell for less then $85k.

I've been eying the market for the last month or so and it seems 09's can be had for low 70's with any mileage. No mileage 09's can be had for $78k-$80k.

Anyone know of any non-ebay / cars.com cars for sale that I might be missing. Searched BJ Motors, Woodhouse, Chicago Motorcars, Roanoke, and haven't seen any of the color combos I'd like.

I figure there will be an influx of cars as soon as the 2013s drop which will probably allow me to save a few bucks, but that doesn't fix my current desire. Anyone know any owners waiting on 13s and looking to punch out a little early?

Thanks in advance for any help.

-Rob

ACRs really are the only 09s that I see that sell recently, and yes they seem to go for $80K+ (just eBay sales, where you can see the final price). Never saw an 09 ACR sell for under 80K recently. Luckily, there are 19 White/Black/Red Stripe ACRs, the most popular combo. But then, 19 is still not a lot. I have seen a few this year though.

Don't forget Autotrader.com. Autotrader and Cars.com tend to overlap a lot, but once in a while you get some differences.

Good luck - just be patient!

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rob,

Is that the only color combo you want? Gotta have a back up combo as 19 cars is not that many...

FYI, I've know Rob for over 10 years and he's a car guy! Hes serious about his purchase and is not just kicking the tires around. So if anyone has one for sale, I wouldn't hesitate one bit in dealing with him. Good luck Robi! I guess you finally gave in!:D

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Going to be hard to find an exact color etc and year in such a limited edition car. There were only 200+ ACR's made in 2009 worldwide.
The 2008 is the exact same car no changes, may want to broaden the search.
Richie7 just picked up a 2008 black with red drivers stripe and got a good deal on it.

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually the 09 had a few subtle changes. the frame was strengthened which added a but of weight and the drive by wire was much improved for better throttle response. There are still a few dealers with new 09's on the lot if that is something you are interested in.

Bruce

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have to admit for personal reasons like to see the Gen 4 ACR's holding value...:)

ohlarikd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have to admit for personal reasons like to see the Gen 4 ACR's holding value...:)

For whatever good reason, the Gen4 ACRs are holding value and still selling. Almost every Gen4 on eBay sold is an ACR. I was looking since February when looking for my Viper, so I watched the trends closely.

OP
OP
R

robiferretti

Enthusiast
Reaction score
See, I dont NEED the car today, I would just like to buy and use for the rest of the season in NY, I can wait though for the right car to come up if there is a chance it will in the coming weeks/ months. Realistically I am flexible with colors but I would like to find the one I want. Thats why I was seeing if any one knew any owners looking to sell. I have the release of the 2013s lingering in the back of my head as going to dump a lot of vipers on the market.

ohlarikd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
See, I dont NEED the car today, I would just like to buy and use for the rest of the season in NY, I can wait though for the right car to come up if there is a chance it will in the coming weeks/ months. Realistically I am flexible with colors but I would like to find the one I want. Thats why I was seeing if any one knew any owners looking to sell. I have the release of the 2013s lingering in the back of my head as going to dump a lot of vipers on the market.

I am in the NJ area, and I also waited months and months, with the same thoughts about winter and also the 2013 Viper. My car did turn up and I pounced. But if it didn't, I was going to wait. I said before : 'I waited 19 years (since 93), I can wait 19 years and few months'. Don't rush and buy one that you'll regret when you see the one you REALLY want go on sale a few months later. These things are expensive, so you want to be completely happy.

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The problem with Porsches are that I see 3 or 4 every day on the way to work. I have even seen GT2 and GT3s. Never a Viper. Heck, I see more Ferraris than Vipers.

Being so close to Ferrari of Central New Jersey I feel like the Camry to F-car ratio is about the same too. LOL

--RS

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960