ACR showdown

Fast Freddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have the same car as u. 2001 acr (blue w/ silver stripes). there were only 49 cars made like ours. anyway, chassis dyno u and your friends car at the same location on the same day and this will answer alot of your questions. i assume both of your cars are stock (no mods). mine dynoed 421 rwhp stock. this will answer the question of whose car has more power. then redo your race again but swap cars. this will answer the question of who is the better driver. good luck. and oh btw the blue looks much better than the black.
laugh.gif

monnieh

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think the creampuff stuff is a bunch of MickyMouse BS. My 2000 ACR is stronger than my "big" cam 97 RT/10 was. (dyno proven) I need to get it redynoed now as the motor should be looser after getting some miles on it.

Are both cars stock?

JBenko

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Or maybe black paint is lighter than blue... Sorry Jesse, I actually thought we were pretty close, and I am truly in "ABS envy"...

Actually, now that the Gen II cars are "automotive history" it would be interesting to see a technical article in Viper Quarterly featuring Charlie Brown and Co. discussing the detailed differences between the various Gen II engine flavors/years.

It would be interesting to hear their perspectives on differences in cams, "squishy lifters", NGR control, Misfire detection ("knock sensing the same thing?), computer changes, etc. Maybe they could discuss why the various years seem to vary in response to modifications, why individual motors within a year seem to vary so much (ie. +/- 20hp ?),why certain changes were made - regulatory reasons/cost/warranty/other. Some of the answers may not be real popular, but it would be nice to get the straight scoop.

John ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mark Young said:
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>
Thats obvious, everybody knows that the black 99 ACRs were the fastest ever.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's RIGHT!
BURNOUT.gif

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte