ACR-X To Run At Sebring

BJ MOTORS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For those of you have an interest in seeing the ACR-X in person, it will be running on Thursday in the Enduro race for test and tune at Sebring. Kuno Wittmer will be driving the ACR-X for the one hour enduro and the car will be at the track for the remainder of the weekend. For those who would like to visit with Tom Francis and see the car in action, Tom will be here taking orders and also explaining the car.
Come out and visit if you are working Saturday and Sunday the car will be there to see. It will be great to see how the car mixes up with all of the other marks. look for either the #10, #91, #33 they will all be in the same area.

You must be registered for see images

SCLSSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have fun down there everybody. I wish I could make it but things are still TOO TIGHT($) and too cold here in the mid-west.

Pictureman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Too cold in the midwest? What better reason to be here in florida. :) Priceline is cool, Shearton last night for $41, extra rental car for a couple days $20 a day.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There was ACRX testing at Palm beach International Raceway all day Tuesday and Wednesday. I was there Tuesday. What a car!!!!!!!! During the testing it did a 1:18 without much effort. With later braking, it would have been a bit faster. They probably went faster the next day. Watching the test team do "their thing" was a special treat and I would like to thank Ivan **, our local chapter President, for letting us know. We also ate dinner with the test team the night before. They were/are a very talented group of people. Chrysler/Dodge should be very proud that they are part of the New Chrysler team.

PS. Some of the country's top Top Fuel dragsters and funny cars were there being tested the same day. I was able to watch some of the runs from an outside tower ( camera stand) about 3/16s down the track. No one was around. I saw a number of sub 3.8 second runs. What a sensory experience that was!

RichieSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I spent last Friday at Sebring with the SRT team. I had an invite from Mr. Winkel who is in charge of the SRT Team powertrain division. Their day was spent gathering information on the the ACR-X and tearing up the track. In a crowded field of 87 cars the ACR-X placed 4th. In front of the Viper were 3 prototype cars and that's it. The Porsche GT3's were decimated. They also lost 2 orange Porsches to the walls. Our very own Bernie Katz placed a respectable 21th. When the smoke cleared I was not the only one that was convinced that ACR-X has been elevated to a class of its own.

I also had a chance to sit in the ACR that broke the record at the ring. Then I sat in the new ACR-X. I didn't want to get out and no one was willng to let me hit the button that would bring this beast to life. Kuno was ready for a few more laps.
Kuno is the driver that Dodge is using to test the new ACR on the track. He was incrediblle hammering on the ACR-X all day. After some ribbing he admitted that it's not all hard work. Enjoy the pics.

You must be registered for see images attach

RichieSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I spent 30 minutes shooting the bull with Bernie on Friday. Great guy who not only knows about Vipers but drives his beast faster then most could even dream of. Bernie place 21th & 22nd since he used to transpoders about a foot apart. He was hoping for first and second but has to wait a few weeks for that.

You must be registered for see images

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wow think I just died and went to heaven when I opened up this thread.

thanks for posting the pics, it's the next best thing if you can't be somewhere!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456