ACRX catch can

Reaction score
There have been a ton of calls here lately about the real ACRX catch can system and the Arrow racing valve cover conversions. The parts for the system have not been made available to the public yet and the manufacturer cannot sell to the public. I have been in contact with them and Mopar to expedite these kits for you and have been assured that they will be available for sale in 3-4 weeks. The pricing has yet to be set, but I have chatted with them all to make sure that the kit is "reasonably priced" so we can all benefit from the upgraded track worthiness it provides.

If you wish to purchase this when it becomes available please let me know and I will try and get you one of these "limited" availability systems.

Thank you,

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm really glad to see you picking these up Mark. I hated to nuke the "direct to consumer" threads that were made by one of the other members about this product, but I knew an enterprising sponsor would figure out how to get these to the owners.

Can you highlight the benefits of having one of these on an ACR that sees mostly road use with a little track time mixed in?

OP
OP
mjorgensen Woodhouse
Reaction score
This system will eliminate any oil or oily residue from collecting in the intake of the car and potentially decreasing performance over time. The track people will obviously benefit the most and for the street I would not really see a huge "need" to convert the stock breather systems.

I feel that if you are a very few time track guy that you should leave it alone, but if you like track days and spend more then 3 hard weekends a year at the track you should retrofit this to save you any potential headaches down the road. Like all preventative measures, they cost less to do then the possible repairs from not!

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mark, I would be interested in the kit......
let me know when you are taking orders....

B & R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mark:

Does this setup work all Gen 4's, ie those with A/C Compressors?

Richard

mbccenter

Legacy Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I would be interested in a few if they are a true oil separator and not just one big empty can..

VIPER R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been using a provent 200 on my GT with good results. I haven't found a need for it on my 2004 Viper though.

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trust me, pull the throttle body and you will be surprised to see what you find. I found roughly a tablespoon of oil sitting just behind the throttle body. I can only imagine how much got by...

I've been using a provent 200 on my GT with good results. I haven't found a need for it on my 2004 Viper though.

OP
OP
mjorgensen Woodhouse
Reaction score
Just got the call that I should see the kits middle/end of next week. Should come in pretty reasonable price wise, but you will need to have the valve covers done at Arrow racing. I will post when hard cost is given and when they are in route for all of you that have pre ordered. We will have about 5 kits left to sell out of this batch, if you are on the fence let me know and I will put your name on one.

Thanks for waiting,

fastmd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just got the call that I should see the kits middle/end of next week. Should come in pretty reasonable price wise, but you will need to have the valve covers done at Arrow racing. I will post when hard cost is given and when they are in route for all of you that have pre ordered. We will have about 5 kits left to sell out of this batch, if you are on the fence let me know and I will put your name on one.

Thanks for waiting,

Mark,
Put me on the list.
Thanks.
TR

OP
OP
mjorgensen Woodhouse
Reaction score
MJ,
Do you have the cost ? and whats the deal with modifying the valve covers?

Still waiting on the cost from Mopar :( hope it is under $400, but don't know anything yet.

The valve covers are sent to Arrow racing so the pickup points for the hoses can be changed to prevent oil flooding out to the catch can as it does in the stock locations. They also modify the baffles to separate the liquid further reducing potential oil loss. The cost to you from Arrow for this service is $200 exchanged.

VicTxV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, I'm going to ask a stupid question here. Would there be any benifit from just having Arrow change the pick up points to the top of the covers and adding longer hoses to further reduce the chance of oil getting into the intake using the stock system?

VicTxV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, I'm going to ask a stupid question here. Would there be any benifit from just having Arrow change the pick up points to the top of the covers and adding longer hoses to further reduce the chance of oil getting into the intake using the stock system?

OK, it's been 24 hours since I ask this with no answer. I'm going to conclude it was a stupid question.

Now back to our regular scheduled program..:eater:

OP
OP
mjorgensen Woodhouse
Reaction score
OK, it's been 24 hours since I ask this with no answer. I'm going to conclude it was a stupid question.

Now back to our regular scheduled program..:eater:

No such thing as a stupid question...

Because of the coil covers this would be tough, if you want to eliminate or modify the existing cover this may be an option.

OP
OP
mjorgensen Woodhouse
Reaction score
I will have the ACRX systems in my hands Friday or Monday! Retail pricing will be $450 and you will need to still have Arrow do your valve covers to mate up. A quality system that works developed by SRT.

Email me with your info and phone number, I will ship out same day for free. I will be contacting you members that have already ordered.

Thanks,

OP
OP
mjorgensen Woodhouse
Reaction score
This is the completed SRT ACRX catch can system we will be shipping Monday.

You must be registered for see images attach

Please call if you have questions.

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is a pic in case anyone wonders how this fits. Pretty easy to put a breaker bar behind the AC line (which needs to be unclamped just about 3 inches toward the engine) pry and bend by applying pressure on the forward part of the line. Easy install.

IMG_7911.JPG

IMG_7912.JPG