Hey Yall, just surfing the web and came across this
laugh.gif
http://www.jcwhitney.com/product.jhtml?CATID=116615&BQ=jcw2&_requestid=102221

I dare anyone to try this.

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Ouch! '92-'01? let's see, if I cut the canvas top right here, and sew the sunroof on to the cross struts....yea, that's it!

prohydro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmmm...my guess is, there will be a certain dolphin painted viper in the Northwest with a sunroof soon, if the owner reads this thread! 'Cause sunroofs attract babes, yo.
tongue.gif

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
An early prototype #1 or #2 of the 96 GTS had a factory sunroof. Believe it was used as a camera car for Pace Car duties. Think Bob Lutz was involved. It traveled around in the Chrysler display. Painted Blue/white stripes. Never saw a glass insert, just the opening in the roof, which was well finished.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Paul Hawker:
An early prototype #1 or #2 of the 96 GTS had a factory sunroof. Believe it was used as a camera car for Pace Car duties. Think Bob Lutz was involved. It traveled around in the Chrysler display. Painted Blue/white stripes. Never saw a glass insert, just the opening in the roof, which was well finished.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That car is sitting in the main "lounge" area at CAAP in Detroit. Not only did we get to sit in it (sunroof and all), but they even fired it up for us. WOW! Definitely a bit tweaked for pacecar duties. JonB is certain to weigh in on this one, as he is the resident expert on the pace car history more than any other I know of. Oh, and the opening on the pace car didn't look too shabby!

Chris

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
...and let me add, that it is not your everyday Pep Boys sunroof special.... no sunroof frame! A true FACTORY look sunroof! Beautiful work (I believe done by MSX?)

The option that should've...could've...but didn't.

OP
OP
P

Prashant

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First, Chris I stand corrected about KC. Ok Jason here it is I TRIPLE DOG DARE YOU (or anyone) to try it. Ill buy it if someone does the step by step install and show's us all the pics.
laugh.gif

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery