Advice on purchasing a GTS

rleminv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I plan on buying a GTS early next year. My plan is to keep it and want something collectible. I could really use some help and knowing your thoughts on the year, type and color I should be looking for would be very insightful. Will I be able to find one with low mileage or one that has never been registered? Any thoughts regarding a race car with an interesting history? Thank you very much. I look forward to an education.
Larry

Falconeer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are so many different cars out there, and depending on your taste and what you are looking for, this could be a long post. Therefore I recommend buying or borrowing "The Vipers Buying Guide". It's a book with a lot of usefull info for anyone considering buying a Viper.

Erik

mopar75110

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Falconeer gave good advice. I own that book and you definitely should get one before buying.

OP
OP
R

rleminv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice so far. I just now ordered the book from Amazon.com. Any further advice is appreciated and I will start doing my homework on the GTS when the book arrives.

I believe strongly this car has potential to be a future '40 Ford, '57 Chev, '69 Camero, etc. and if purchased with collectibility in mind my grandson of 5 months will be able to do what I couldn't as a young adult. I may or may not be around long enough to see that happen. I'll leave it to him for his 25th or 30th birthday. Meanwhile, he can drool over it and ask grandpa why he doesn't drive it much when its on a lift when he gets old enough. Gonna drive my son nuts, too.

Reaction score
I agree. I purchased my Mustang with "Collectability" in mind and I intend to get a Viper the same. Good luck with your hunt for the GTS man. And remember good things come to those with patience. It will be a few years but I hope to be in your shoes soon.

GT40DOC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You just missed a nice one. A very good friend of mine (had 3 Vipers) just sold a 96 B/W Viper GTS with 200 MILES!!! It was perfect. Those kind of Vipers are out there, you just have to ferret them out and then get braced when it comes time to pay for them. :p